365 Comments
Posted by Yozei

Great quick look...and Batman is voiced by Kevin Conroy, Adam Baldwin does Superman and Mark Hamil does do the Joker, among others.

Posted by OriginalGman

First thing Vinny does when he reaches town? Climbs onto the ceiling and tries to dance. I love you, Vinny.

Posted by ChillyUK7

No shop where I live have it in stock for PC, gutted, could have downloaded it three days ago on Steam but my internet has been so slow it would take days to download so I thought id wait till it came out in the shops, wish I had just downloaded it now :(

Posted by xXwindoverXx

It's like a fucking bombcast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by CouncilSpectre

Because of the floods in Brisbane my copy has been sitting in a warehouse near the Airport for 2 days. Stupid DHL. It took less time to get from the US to Brisbane than its taking to get from their warehouse to my front door. They ain't flooded, I ain't flooded, and the roads between them and me ain't flooded.   

Wonder Woman needs my help, damnit!
Posted by Zalasta

Very surprised to see Dave exhibiting a snobbish attitude towards this game.  Like others have said, any quest-centric MMO will invariably end up with kill 0/7 this or collect 0/25 that (even single player games like Borderlands have the same quest system).  Long gone are the MMO's that are modeled after EQ.  Everybody has been spoiled by WoW and the instant gratification that comes with completing quests.

Furthermore, MMO developed around a console will be limited by nature, therefore, it is really unfair to compare the UI and menu to games that are solely designed for PC.  It's one thing if the game does nothing for you, but I'm pretty disappointed by Dave's criticisms.  I myself am pretty much done with the whole superhero themed MMO, but DCUO looks to be a decent attempt by SOE, I hope it finds the audiences it needs to thrive.

Posted by SilenceUK
@MrMuscle:
dont play it on the ps3 its much better on the pc and also this was another case of the guys not really playing it and jsut going for comedy as its not there kind of game
Posted by nxau
Ah, I've been looking forward to this :) 

@OriginalGman:
 Ha ha!
Posted by thenexus

TotalHalibut Has a Youtube playlist for this and put some hours into the beta if you want to see more from this game: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAZ3vc1b_v0  

He does great WOW coverage and really funny and his videos series on this game is a good insight. 

You see flying and speed running and more... 

Posted by PlasmaMachine

When Batman's skillset gets nerfed in the next update, I see it as a death knell.

Posted by Yzzerdd
@Pinworm45 said:
" @Sharpless said: 
And, you know, this country's still working on that whole "some people are gay" thing. Sorry, furries, but it looks like you guys are just going to have to wait your turn in the tolerance queue. "
Wanting to dress up as an animal and fuck other animals is retarded. That's never going to change.   Especially when they think they literally are animals. "
QFT
Posted by melting_window

Yiff in hell, furries.

Posted by GS_Dan

Red bandages = Meat Boy?

Posted by Pop

the game is pretty good(for an mmo), combat is good vinny was just going all over the place not doing objectives I guess there are some missions that take a bit longer than they should but you can skip them and just do the main ones. I don't know why I'm defending it I won't play it, I'm done with mmos time to play some real games :D.

Posted by Olivaw

This game looks kind of like ass, which is too bad, because I like the voice actor for Braniac. He is the same as from the Superman animated series! Brings back memories.

Posted by elko84

IM BATMAN! 

/quit

Posted by zaglis

Wow. Thats looks pretty bad.

Posted by SubwayD
@Pinworm45 said:
" @Sharpless said: 
And, you know, this country's still working on that whole "some people are gay" thing. Sorry, furries, but it looks like you guys are just going to have to wait your turn in the tolerance queue. "
Wanting to dress up as an animal and fuck other animals is retarded. That's never going to change.   Especially when they think they literally are animals. "
Comparing a subculture to the gay rights movment is perhaps a little strong. 

But really, there is a lot of misunderstanding and general nerd snobbery when it comes to furries. From what I can see, it's all just fucking nerds making fun of other nerds.
Posted by MrGtD

And that was Batman.

Posted by Yummylee

..actually, everything outside of the character creator seems pretty bleh to me. =/ Was so excited for this, initially, too.

Posted by WinterSnowblind

Have to say I'm pretty disappointed with the gameplay..  The character customisation seems fun but somewhat lacking.  I'd hope they at least add more options as it goes on but it at least seems there should be a decent variety of heroes going around. 

The subscription is the biggest barrier though, especially with Champions Online going free to play on the 25th.  If you were looking at this for the customisation aspects, you should definitely check out Champions.

Posted by Navyseils

Watching this is the most fun I've had watching anything for quite some time.  
Always be B4tm4n.

Posted by Ashler

1 hour, 18 minutes. Nothing "quick" about this "look". :)

Posted by SuperSambo
@SubwayD said:
" @Pinworm45 said:
" @Sharpless said: 
Comparing a subculture to the gay rights movment is perhaps a little strong.  But really, there is a lot of misunderstanding and general nerd snobbery when it comes to furries. From what I can see, it's all just fucking nerds making fun of other nerds. "
Erm... What?

I dont think im going to read the comments for this video...
Posted by BrianP

Batman? More like Gatman! Blaze those fools!

Posted by Pinworm45
@SubwayD said:
" @Pinworm45 said:
" @Sharpless said: 
But really, there is a lot of misunderstanding and general nerd snobbery when it comes to furries. "
No there isn't. This is how many of them are. I don't care about the ones who "don't do it", because there are ones that do, and t hat's what we're talking about. 

Also, the one's that "don't do it".. please explain what exactly they do do, then. Take your best example of the best, most misunderstood furry, and explain it to us. I'll paypal you 30$ if what you say doesn't come across as retarded. 

I'm not saying dudes don't have the right to put on animal outfits and bang each other, I'm just saying they're a few retarded villains short of a comic book franchise
Posted by gbrading

Finally, Superman and Batman, side by side.
Posted by SHADOWINFINITE

Totally funny I'm playing this game later today

Posted by AutoBarn

I'm thinking of diving into this tonight.  

I'm struggling with a dilemma - PS3 or PC?

Posted by MysteriousBob
@gbrading said:
" Finally, Superman and Batman, side by side. "
Finally? I'm no comic book reader, but I'm pretty sure that has happened a million times already. Unless you just mean in games.
Posted by gbrading
@MysteriousBob:
I was just quoting Jeff: I didn't mean it literally. :P
Posted by Ghosthead84

ABB = Always Be Batman.
Posted by SubwayD
@Pinworm45:  
The way you're talking, it sounds like you're the furry expert here, so perhaps you can enlighten us to what they "do"? 

All I can say is that I'm pretty sure that, crazies aside, the vast majority of them are just your average nerds, but with the added interest in cartoon animals. If that makes them more "retarded" than someone who likes superhero comics, Star Trek, technical CRPGs or whatever, then I don't know what to say.
I guess everyone looks like a retard to everyone else. :P 

Oh, and I'll also say "Haters gon' Hate" and then let everyone just wind themselves into a frazzle over some non-issue. 

And, back on to the topic of the video, I totally agree with Dave on this one.  
The problem with superhero MMO's is that they let you do all the cool stuff up front. What have you to aim for when you're already totally awesome looking out of the gate? I'd love to see just a superhero RPG that starts you as an average teenager, and the choices you make and what not dictate what sort of hero/villain they'll become. Sort of like the orgin stories from Dragon Age meets the personality tests from Elder Scrolls games. You then can work up from some Kick-Ass style kid in a home made suit up to some kind of incredible supe'. 
That'd be pretty rad.
Posted by Quacktastic

B4tm4n leaps lawsuits in a single bound.  This QL is insane.

Posted by armaan8014
@SuperSambo said:
" @SubwayD said:
" @Pinworm45 said:
" @Sharpless said: 
Comparing a subculture to the gay rights movment is perhaps a little strong.  But really, there is a lot of misunderstanding and general nerd snobbery when it comes to furries. From what I can see, it's all just fucking nerds making fun of other nerds. "
Erm... What?  I dont think im going to read the comments for this video... "
What are you guys talking bout?
Posted by Baal_Sagoth

Very entertaining QL. You guys creating weird-ass chgaracters is always the most hilarious part. To me this looks just like a lot of other MMOs and I'm not interested  in the slightest, but I think that's just me. The acrobatic movement reminded me of Prototype very pleasantly though.

Posted by Capt_Ventris

Undead 50 cent in a top hat and cape. SENSATIONAL!

Posted by ZHabermann

I would totally sign up to be The B4TM4N's sidekick. Dude looks like he needs some help (In more ways than one).

Posted by GunslingerPanda

This looks dreadful, like a port of a console game.

Posted by Flaime

The quick look and the guys' first impression of the game probably suffered hugely on the fact that Vinny picked the rifle as his main weapon. I've seen some videos with a more melee focused character and the action looked a lot better. 

The game still looks rather bad though...

Posted by MjHealy

Was this live?

Posted by blacklab

God, I love MMO quicklooks. I hope they do a series!  This is weird because I have never played an MMO.

Posted by Tordah

The character creation stuff is hilarious. Everything else seems like typical MMO stuff.

Posted by MetalMoog

Shame there is a bullshit subscription fee attached to the PS3 version. I'll never subscribe to play a game on a console, ever.

Posted by kratier

a wow player complaining about /20 items in a quest, has he ever done a quest in WOW before?

anyway, game looks like made for consoles, ported to PC for easy buck

Also i heard the levels are way low, and you can basically grind to max level in a day or two. which kind of defeats the purpose of progression in an mmo, they say their intended content is endgame, so why are they charging a monthly fee when basically its just a multiplayer game thats online?

Posted by Zatoichi_Sanjuro
 SGT D04k3s
Posted by DeShawn2ks

Judging a MMO on someone else running around doing nothing but just being goofy sounds kinda wrong. I bought the game when it came out and I am loving it so far. I am currently playing as a gadget using martial artist like Batman and I think it is very fufilling. Me being able to pull off combos and moves with different button presses instead of waiting for a bar to fill up. I think it is a pretty good game and can't wait to dive into it some more this weekend. I am not a MMO snob so take my words with a grain of salt because I honestly don't know what would make a good or bad MMO. All I know is I am having fun and I get to fly around with a afro and call myself Black Dynamite. Only thing I haven't liked so far is sometimes it seems like certain sounds go out which isn't bad considering some of the voice acting and the PVP Legends que is kinda jacked. I guess you can chalk it up to first week MMO jank.

Posted by ch3burashka

Anyone register  B4tm4nb4tm4nb4tm4n.com yet?

Posted by Undeadpool

Maybe when the price drops...this looks alright, but not great. 
Either way, we got this hilarious Quick Look, so I call it a win.

Posted by Splodge

@TadThuggish said:

" @Shinri said:

" That 'DERR FURRY EWW' stuff sort of annoyed me. Not only is it ignorant, it's also pretty childish.  Also anthromorphic superheroes and villains are really common.  -10 respect for GB crew. "
Someone likes to fuck his pets! "

The only pet I've ever had died in a car crash, and I can assure you I never fucked her, you sick bastard. 

You really should not let your pets drive, it puts everyone at risk.