241 Comments
Posted by Death_Burnout

Justin Calvert just creeped me the fuck out! brings a whole new meaning to moonlighting, amirite!? slams!

Posted by CastroCasper

More like a Missile Marve!

Posted by RubberFactory
@Oxar said:
" lol.. While playing, and talking about, a level made a long time ago and in the first LBP (Dead Space) 
"It just seems like everything is way more sophisticated than it was in the first game" -Ryan "
Exactly what I was thinking.
Posted by MeatSim

There are people who are far more creative then I ever will be.

Posted by thealexray

I thought Vinny's Law was when somebody tries to stick their mitts in your oven.

Posted by chriskelly123

fuck.... this is why i need a ps3 - :(

Posted by OneManX

"I'm number one" 

"No I'm number one" 

*Sackboy flies away* 

WHAT~! LOL!

Posted by Splodge

TITANIC WILL FOUNDER

Posted by TigerDX

Sackboy's Japanese name is Ribitts? Or Libitts? Crazy.

Posted by Daniel

Woah that Mario level is insane.

Posted by demontium
@chriskelly123 said:
" fuck.... this is why i need a ps3 - :( "
Me too, my brother has his at college.
Posted by Sovereign13

Yell Dead Cell!

Posted by Curufinwe
@TigerDX said:
" Sackboy's Japanese name is Ribitts? Or Libitts? Crazy. "
Sackboy is kind of a crazy name to start with, given the obvious connotations.  But LBP was made by Brits.
Posted by Crushed

*hears off-brand remixed Yell, Dead Cell*

I guess EVERYTHING in this game is copyright infringement.

Posted by dragonzord

I liked the Sealab reference, Jeff

Posted by teekomeeko

You can actually filter levels by LBP 1 or 2, but I didn;t find that out until I was further into the single-player than Jeff is in this video. It's nice to actually be able to play exclusively new stuff from the new tools, but a good level is a good level. 

I'm almost glad it snows like crazy here overnight - gives me a reason t play LBP2 for a bit instead of go to work early.

Posted by get2sammyb
@Afroman269 said:
" Looks great but I don't see the point in buying it because I'm not into creating levels. I'll probably rent it. "
Just play the ones other people create? You don't have to be a creator to have a role.
Posted by HydraHam

My CE will be here tomorrow i can't wait! ME2 on PS3 will hold me over till then.

Posted by TadThuggish
@Mikewrestler5 said:
" Great job at showing off LBP 1. Most of those levels were from the first game. "
Yep, I was really hoping for a LittleBigPlanet 2 quick look in this video.
Posted by MysteriousBob
@wwfundertaker said:
" The racing game level im sure had metal gear solid 2 boss music. "
Yell Dead Cell. VR Mix, I believe.
Posted by Skald

Is that a song from Pirates in the background of the Mario level?

Posted by handlas
@TadThuggish said:
" @Mikewrestler5 said:
" Great job at showing off LBP 1. Most of those levels were from the first game. "
Yep, I was really hoping for a LittleBigPlanet 2 quick look in this video. "
The game has been out for 2-3 days.  Not like there is a ton of GOOD LBP2 levels yet.  Only ones from the beta.  Give people time to unlock stuff in singleplayer.

That Dead Space level actually shows up when you filter out LPB1 levels for some reason.  I guess the guy re-uploaded it with a LPB2 tag perhaps?  Shoulda showed more singleplayer because some of that stuff is really kewl....i loved the rat racing game.  I only now just got to a level where you have to "herd" bots as you go through the level...kinda like Lemmings.
Posted by Deeveeus

Second I get FF13 finished, it's going in for this

Posted by TehJedicake

Orgasmic much?

Posted by countinhallways

That Titanic level blew my mind. Amazing stuff. 

Posted by enemymouse

heads up, there's an actual music sequencer and game-logic sequencer with logic gates like XOR in this game. So yeah, not nearly as much jury-rigging needed.

Posted by Cincaid

Games like this one makes me wish I had a PS3.

:(

Posted by catoasapun
@Boom_goes_the_dynamite:  

Yea they improved the graphical/visual style. It's great because it makes every predecessor level look better than before.
Posted by MikkaQ

I don't think I recently laughed as much as I did when the guy on the Titanic apologized for not making a better ship in semi-broken english. 

Posted by Afroman269
@get2sammyb said:
" @Afroman269 said:
" Looks great but I don't see the point in buying it because I'm not into creating levels. I'll probably rent it. "
Just play the ones other people create? You don't have to be a creator to have a role. "
No way am I paying $60 to do just that. I got all the enjoyment out of the first LBP when I rented it and it will be the same with this game. I don't hate it, I would just prefer spending that amount of cash elsewhere. 
Posted by JoeRosa

Need More Skill!

Posted by NewfieBullet

This game just looks like a lot of fun.

Posted by christ0phe

This looks incredible

Posted by MechaEspio

Enjoy dinner!

Posted by DukeTogo

What I wanted the first game to be, now I might actually get this.

Ironically Jeff described Ideon as the fictional Titanic anime.

Posted by catoasapun

Something I found bothersome about the community levels was how filtering the search to solely LBP2 levels would still have me running into levels from the first game. Right now we're basically in the infant age of the game where people are figuring out what to experiment with and how to experiment with it...which is shame because that also means that those who aren't creators themselves and are more of the "go on everyday and play other people's creations" type of players will have to be patient and wait. But I'm sure when the gold age of LBP2 comes it will be pure bliss.

Posted by Lokno
@extremeradical: Yup. There was a PoC pack on the first game.  

Some of these levels were made using LBP1. LittleDeadSpace, for instance, seems unchanged since I last saw it. Sorry I didn't pm Jeff some levels using new features. Someone made a Heavy Rain Point-And-Click that is really cool, and the  Wolfenstein 3D ray-traced first-person shooter is crazy.
Edited by blacklab

See the heavyweight champ in his greatest bout 
Books...check 'em out  
Read about stars and cars 
Play electric guitars 
Books...check 'em out

Edited by ProfessorEss

Haha! Bucketdeth loves Titanic!! (29:30)
lollin at dat :)

Posted by NathHaw

I'm impressed.

Posted by TonicBH

I'm not gonna lie. Watching that Titanic level actually made me want to buy this game, just to experience that level for myself.

Posted by senia

This game looks spectacular .

Posted by Undeadpool

This is...craaaaaaaazy cool. It's like Minecraft, but a videogame.

Edited by bjorno

brad + ryan = bryan

vinny + jeff = veffy

brad + jeff + vinny = buffy

Posted by Mephiles1990

Man...Games like this and InFamous make me want a PS3 REALLY badly. Not to mention Modnation Racers and the upcoming Jak/Ratchet/Sly crossover, and the Ratchet co-op game coming soon.

Posted by rottendevice

Hey guys, sorry I didn't build a better ship.  Good luck surviving.

Posted by iamthemoneyj

that dead space level was in lbp 1

Posted by Icemael
@MysteriousBob said:
" @Icemael said:
" Meh. The creation tools are decent, I suppose, but if you have no interest in building levels, this is pretty much just a collection of middling-at-best mini-games. "
Yeah, which is why level creation is the reason you would buy this game. Who the hell would but LBP and not want to build levels? "
You'd be surprised at the percentage of LBP buyers/fans who barely give a shit about building levels.
Posted by MiniPato
@bjorno said:
" brad + ryan = bryan  vinny + jeff = veffy  brad + jeff + vinny = buffy "
Vinny  + Jeff = Jenny
Posted by jorbear

Well. I guess I need to go out and buy this now.