63 Comments
  • 63 results
Posted by Kungfustu72
This is looking more like a movie than a game. :)
Posted by TronCorleone

Is it just me or did I see GameStop offering preorders of this game last NOVEMBER???

Posted by TheBigAristotle

I can't take Ken Cosgrove seriously... anyone else recognize him from Mad Men?

Posted by dragonzord
@hermes said:
"

Its not a Rockstar game. Rockstar is the publisher. Its like saying Mass Effect is an EA game. 

The whole "Rockstar presents..." is no different then "Tarantino presents: Hostel" or "Tarantino presents: Hero". Its brand recognision so it may help the sales of the game by associating it with Rockstar.  

Thats not to say its not a good game, far from it. At this point is hard to pass judgement... Just that people should be more cautious that buying it waiting for a new GTA.

"
But it's a game made by developers that made games similar to Grand Theft Auto, published by Grand Theft Auto ie Red Dead Redemption.
Posted by hermes

Its not a Rockstar game. Rockstar is the publisher. Its like saying Mass Effect is an EA game. 

The whole "Rockstar presents..." is no different then "Tarantino presents: Hostel" or "Tarantino presents: Hero". Its brand recognision so it may help the sales of the game by associating it with Rockstar.  

Thats not to say its not a good game, far from it. At this point is hard to pass judgement... Just that people should be more cautious that buying it waiting for a new GTA.

Posted by dcgc

Can't wait for it...

Posted by HarrySound

Man rockstar really have pulled a rabbit out of the hat with Red Dead and this...
Posted by themartyr

I think I could get into this.

Posted by MrKlorox
@Ygg said:
" @MrKlorox said:

" @Ygg said:

" Bad writing, stop referring to this as a Rockstar game. jeesh. "
It's published by Rockstar Games. That's like saying Crysis doesn't count as an EA game. "
Publishers don't make the game last time I checked, it counts as a game under their name/company but it's still not a Rockstar game.  I thought this was common knowledge. Crysis is a Crytek game. "
We'll just see how the credits are split once the game comes out. I'm expecting something like RDR's with a number of Rockstar studios assisting with more than just QA.
Edited by Sooty
@MrKlorox said:

" @Ygg said:

It's published by Rockstar Games. That's like saying Crysis doesn't count as an EA game. "
Publishers don't make the game last time I checked, it counts as a game under their name/company but it's still not a Rockstar game. 

I thought this was common knowledge. Crysis is a Crytek game.
Posted by Claude

Open world... really? I haven't seen any gameplay.

Posted by cyraxible

I wish I could be excited for this game but without a PC release I won't be playing it.

Posted by wethebiscuitz

If this actually features GTA-style sandbox, this is the best game of the current generation. Hands down.

Posted by SamuSlave

Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

Posted by Fjordson

GOTY 2011! Can't wait.

Posted by Afroman269

It all looks good so far, but I would like to see some damn gameplay. That's the only thing that I have a feeling will be sub-par. 

Posted by falserelic

Its so damn smooth,I must obtain this aswomeness of a game.

Posted by bwmcmaste
@MrKlorox said:
" @Ygg said:
Not to mention the official website says in big bold print "Rockstar Presents: L.A. Noire". 
Edited by Seppli

I'm just about to get hyped for L.A. Noire and woooot, it's just around the corner!

Rockstar really knows how to hit the hype sweetspot with a prompt release like no other.

Posted by Paulrus

I love the technology, but I'm skeptical if it'll be any good.

Posted by DystopiaX

Awesome. Looking forward to the lie detecting, awesome face technology, and the story. One of the most underhyped facts about the game is that every case they took from the game is actually based on a real-life crime that happened in 1940s LA- they went to archived newspapers and pulled those stories...should make the crimes feel realistic, at least.

Posted by AgentofChaos

This may be the only game I have pre-ordered in the past 5 years.

Posted by Artisan88

I dunno about that facetech, I mean the faces look realistic, but they are too good in comparison to the rest of the model. So to me it just looks like they cut out a live human face and glued it onto a robot. Kind of creepy. Still interested in the game though.

Posted by 234r2we232
@Ygg said:
It's the same open world formula game that Rockstar have been rehashing for a decade, right? So...
Posted by mracoon

I'd like to see gameplay of this. It's coming out in less than 4 months but I don't think they've shown any footage of what you'll actually be doing most of the time.

Posted by Th3_James

I would have liked to see this and RDR on PC even though I played it on 360 and own a ps3. 

Posted by Forever

Woot, comes out on my birthday! I have high hopes after playing RDR.

Posted by Zelnox

So cool. I should play RDR first, eh?

Posted by tourgen
@amir90 said:
" On Norway's Nation Day, awesome  btw, same date as Witcher 2 :) "
what?!  oh man I see I'm going to have to do some planning and make a hard choice here.  no idea which one i'll end up getting.  need more gameplay footage.  There are just too many good games coming out this year!
Posted by MrKlorox
@Ygg said:
It's published by Rockstar Games. That's like saying Crysis doesn't count as an EA game.
Posted by GozerTC
@Box3ru13 said:
"considered me interested.  "

Agreed.  Cautiously optomistic.  I await Giant Bomb's review!  (I'm married I'm in no rush to buy games. :) )  
Posted by CL60

Lol, Duke Nukem Forever comes out before this.

Posted by Gaagie

It's Rockstar, so it can't fail right? Can't wait!

Posted by RubberFactory

Holy shit! This looks amazing.

Posted by KillerBears

still waiting for gameplay

...yeah I'm probably gonna buy it though.

Posted by Sooty

Bad writing, stop referring to this as a Rockstar game. jeesh.

Posted by McGhee

Yeah OK Sure Maybe

Posted by Kayotix

Damn this game is looking goooood!
Posted by ABritishNerd
@Chemin said:
" I love the theme and the era. Let's just hope it's as good as it has the potential to be. "
I hope it's better than Red Dead Redemtion was. Not that it was a bad game, just not as good as everyone raved about.
Posted by Jimbo
There is some wicked uncanny valley going on in this trailer.

@nwr123 said:
" My first ever comment, and yes... it's a negative one (sorry)  " Hey, that sounds like a perfect time for an open-world crime thriller."  Is the tagline for this article... But the game actually isn't open-world. Rockstar have said that themselves. "
It's open world.
Posted by Banzai_NL

Guess who's going to have a Happy Birthday! :D

Posted by big_jon

I'm not big into this kind of stuff, but it looks cool.
Posted by Whitetiger13

This looks very cool, I love the unique era.

Edited by amir90

On Norway's Nation Day, awesome

btw, same date as Witcher 2 :)

Posted by bolognarock

I could of sworn Rockstar was developing this

Posted by nwr123

My first ever comment, and yes... it's a negative one (sorry)

" Hey, that sounds like a perfect time for an open-world crime thriller."

Is the tagline for this article... But the game actually isn't open-world. Rockstar have said that themselves.

Posted by Vinny_Says

May of last year is when I picked up another Rockstar game I knew nothing about. And that ended up being my favorite game of the year. 

Could this do it again? Only Rockstar....

Posted by crusader8463

Makes me sad to see Rockstar abandon the PC. Was looking forward to this game, but now I'm going to wait for the bargain bin since I hate playing these kind of games with controllers.

Posted by Surkov

I want this so bad it hurts. 

Posted by MrKlorox

May 17? Damn that's almost a month later than I expected. Oh well.

• 63 results