116 Comments
  • 116 results
Posted by lumberingjackal

This looks like a pretty boring game.
Posted by MeatSim

Robot on robot violence when will it end!? 

Posted by animateria

Myeh.

Slightly better than a Flash game.

Posted by clarke0

First level looks a lot like the opening level from X4. The best thing about this game, by far, was the music. Everything else looked alright.

Posted by Tshirt

Music is brilliant in this game, too many new releases (or most game from thast 6 or 7 years) have put the soundtrack on the backburner it seems, It's a real shame.

Posted by JCannihilates

lol I love Ryan's penchant for anime faces.

Posted by Dezinus

That is some gnarly screen tearing.

Posted by buft

this was last years dream play build winner, it was an XNA game. sucks there is no 360 version yet

Posted by needforswede

yea...Capcom needs to make a new Megaman X game...they can even do it 16-bit, like they did Megaman 9 and 10 with 8-bit graphics.  Although X8 was really good but I know I'm in the minority with that opinion, it's probably the best Megaman game in my opinion.

Posted by Terjay

MEH

Posted by Ronald

My favorite turrets are from Portal. They're so polite when they kill you and so sad when you knock them over.

Posted by Little_Socrates

WIsh I could give a damn about this game or this QL. I tried.

Posted by GlenTennis
@iWonder said:
   Yeah, the music is fucking awesome. Really refreshing to see so many people liking it, considering its done by one of my favorite groups. You can find their website here:    http://www.hyperduck.co.uk/?page_id=1093 

Prior to ARES, they're most known in the indie community for their work on Iji, a freeware shooter -   http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji.php (Should you decide to play Iji, GET THE HQ SOUNDTRACK, the lower quality one is compressed as hell) "
Cool, thanks!
Posted by demontium
@chilipeppersman said:
" its cool they are looking at these small indie games, but this one isnt that great "
Yeah, them quicklooking obscure ones like this and Catherine helps a lot.
Posted by chilipeppersman

its cool they are looking at these small indie games, but this one isnt that great

Posted by mightybob3000

so, aes is the pc mega man

Posted by iWonder
@Miketakon said: 

" Great game. The soundtrack is amazing. "

@Lydian_Sel said: 

" Not into the gameplay but really feeling the music. "

@SatelliteOfLove said: 

@Miketakon said: 

" Great game. The soundtrack is amazing. "

I was about to say this. Great tuuuuuuuuuunes. "
@KaiserZephyr said: 

" Music is ballin! "

@RVonE said: 

" While it looks decent enough and it has awesome music, this just makes me want a new Mega Man X game.  "

@TobyD81 said: 

" That was pretty cool. I like the look and I REALLY like the music. The first couple levels look kinda easy, but maybe it builds. Was all that screen tearing happening in the game or is it just this video? "

Yeah, the music is fucking awesome. Really refreshing to see so many people liking it, considering its done by one of my favorite groups. You can find their website here:    http://www.hyperduck.co.uk/?page_id=1093 

Prior to ARES, they're most known in the indie community for their work on Iji, a freeware shooter -   http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji.php (Should you decide to play Iji, GET THE HQ SOUNDTRACK, the lower quality one is compressed as hell)
Posted by Mathey

Ha ha ha. Dunk Sector.

Posted by Cirdain

The lack of shadows is scary....

Posted by Lind_L_Taylor

$10 with Steam Achievements & Xbox 360 Controller support?  Count me in!

Posted by moonpix

shooting robots are my favorite kind of robots

Posted by feDaykin7

one word: Turrican

Posted by Mcfart

Looks lame. Waiting on Magicka QL to base purchaseing decision (though no matter what, am waiting for a steam sale to drop it to 50 cents).

Posted by RVonE

While it looks decent enough and it has awesome music, this just makes me want a new Mega Man X game. 
Posted by TobyD81

That was pretty cool. I like the look and I REALLY like the music. The first couple levels look kinda easy, but maybe it builds. Was all that screen tearing happening in the game or is it just this video?

Posted by ThePhilatron

Super Meat Boy has some legitimately awesome turret encounters

Posted by DoctorWelch

For a second I thought this game was going to be metroid-like, but now I'm disappointed. This probably isnt the right place to ask this, by why arent there more games that try to steal that style of gameplay?

Posted by Cold_Wolven

Looks alright, kinda wish it played a bit faster as it feels slow.

Posted by Depth
@KillyDarko said:
" @Depth said:
" They did a QL of this but not Magicka? "
Yeah, I'd really like to see one for Magicka; it looks cool, but I feel like I need a QL before I decide to buy it or not. "
Seriously, if you like having fun then you should buy Magicka. I only want the QL for their reactions.
Posted by kratier
@august: 
because they make all their videos on monday/tuesday and magicka didnt come out yet
Posted by august

Not sure why they're quicklooking this and not Magicka.

Edited by core1065

The old dude looks so much like Dr.Light...
Posted by Romination

Dr. Conniving was a pretty effing funny joke.

Posted by JetForceGemini

Seems solid. That second boss fight was very well designed. Yay indie games!

Posted by Vinny_Says

looks like a flash game

Posted by Woodroez

The rare occurrence of a block Super Mario'ing the player at 20:40.

Posted by amandackrueger

Extinction Agenda makes me think of X-Men. 

Edited by vinsanityv22

I got this game on Gamersgate awhile ago because it looked cool and was cheap. I do not like it. I was hoping for a Mega Man ripoff shooting platformer. I do not care for this "mouse look in 2D" crap - though to be fair, I use my Dual Shock 3 as a USB controller. Which means I had to use ControlMK to get it to work correctly; I suppose with a 360 pad, it looks like it could just play like a Metal Slug title (which would be preferable). But it sure made for a cool Quick Look ;)

Posted by Sheetsy77

Look alright, nothing I would buy though.....

Posted by tourgen

looks pretty fun

Posted by doe3879

seems really dull

Posted by dabe

Generic to the nth degree...is most certainly not my cup of tea. 

So says Mr. Me.

Posted by falling_fast

the enemies look really boring

Edited by BobJustBob
@zerdune:  Yeah, Valve are the kings of turrets. Half-Life had a great turret sequence during On A Rail where you had to flank a soldier on an emplaced turret. Half-Life 2 had a similar sequence except you were drawing the turret's fire so your antlions could flank him. Portal was nothing but awesome turrets. And Team Fortress 2 is all about the turrets. Yay turrets!
Posted by DarkTravesty
@KillyDarko said:
" @Depth said:
" They did a QL of this but not Magicka? "
Yeah, I'd really like to see one for Magicka; it looks cool, but I feel like I need a QL before I decide to buy it or not. "
a demo is out on steam for you to make a decision.
Posted by zerdune

Half-Life 2 and Portal had great turrets.

Posted by JJOR64

After watching the full video, the game looks neat.  Totally would check it out if it came to XBLA for $10.

Posted by eagles_band

Looks terrible. 

Posted by JJOR64

This is the Aris I know.

Posted by SuperfluousMoniker

I like the concept and what they were going for, but this doesn't look very good. Level design looks really bland and boring. Having more than three enemy types might help.

• 116 results