126 Comments
  • 126 results
Posted by Sarumarine

It's nice that they let Cliff Curtis be in a Dead Space game as Sgt. Weller. As for the chicken-or-the-egg argument for Necromorphs... I imagine that it's a general infection that any dead body can catch, and the Infectors just speed things along.

Posted by WaffleConed

"Standardize?... YOUR A COMMUNIST!!!!!!" 

-Glenn Beck

Posted by StrikerTheLizard

I can't stand subtitles. I always end up reading them instead of paying attention to the characters.

Posted by lead_farmer

There needs to be a contest among the staff where everybody does there best Isaac grunt

Posted by FoogleSmoogle
@MrStool said:
" Did I see B.J. Novak at 1:57? "
God damn it I thought the SAME EXACT THING when I saw that dude.
Edited by MikeFightNight

Speaking about video game books, I can't speak for Dead Space but I just got done reading the Mass Effect and Dragon Age books and really enjoyed them.  If you like the fiction in the games I would recommend the books.  I feel like the writing in the ME books are better but the DA books are more directly connected to characters from the games, as Loghain is one of the main characters in the first book while Duncan and the Architect play big roles in the second book.  

Posted by Th3_James

Vinny Double Fisting Caravella

Posted by Deathpooky

Yeah, they weren't exactly going for strategic dismemberment as much as they were going for strategic shoot them in the fucking head.

Posted by MeatSim

Get the purple egg!

Posted by rjayb89

Thanks for ruining the ending, Brad.

Posted by Kjellm87

The "GET THE PURPLE THING" seems accurate.  
On our playthrough we spammed the grab button, no matter what

Posted by ch3burashka
@Soap said:
" Subtitles isn't an audio option, it's a video option... just saying "
Subtitles are for hearing issues, not seeing issues. Therefore, it's an audio option.
Posted by Cazamalos

i really want to play this, but i don't know if dead space 2 copies from amazon still have extraction included, or if someday sony will have this game in sale on the store 

well i'm being way too cheap, i'm  going to buy it after i finish dead space 1 (i brought dead space 1 just a week ago very cheap)

Posted by steelknight2000

Those flying Infectors used to be people too. Some humans get turned into those things when they get infected by the Marker.

Posted by BLipp18
@Crushed said:
" @Rothbart said:
" I found it quite funny how Vinny and Brad asked themselves when they'd see the plasma cutter, *just* after having frantically picked it up. "
I think that was actually an upgrade for the cutter.  You get it in the tutorial and then lose it, but upgrades persist. "
you also get it in this level, its in the beginning when you first look at the lockers. its on top of them. they were talking all over that part and barely got any lockers open, missing the cutter in the process
Posted by Robin_Gr

I actually played this on the Wii before I played the original Dead Space. I really enjoyed it and it actually made me pick up Dead Space in a steam sale.

Posted by Soap
@CH3BURASHKA said:
" @Soap said:
Subtitles are for hearing issues, not seeing issues. Therefore, it's an audio option. "
True, but at the same time you don't hear subtitles you see them ;) 
Edited by Seroth

Watching this reminds me of how boring this game was. Too much walking and talking. Not enough shooting. In a game where you have little control of your movement, you should give the player something to do. Either that, or just call the "game" a movie.

Posted by Deusoma
@rjayb89 said:
" Thanks for ruining the ending, Brad. "
Wait, does he spoil the ending of Dead Space, Extraction, or Dead Space 2? Cause I'm definitely not watching this if he spoils DS2. D:
Edited by neoepoch
@Deusoma said:

" @rjayb89 said:

" Thanks for ruining the ending, Brad. "
Wait, does he spoil the ending of Dead Space, Extraction, or Dead Space 2? Cause I'm definitely not watching this if he spoils DS2. D: "
The ending of  Extraction...sorta.

@Brad The marker basically encodes for a virus that reanimates dead tissue. Some doctors/scientists used the marker to make the virus and it didn't work on living tissue, but it worked on some dead cells. The bat things were people once, but now they spread the virus to new dead bodies.
Posted by BLipp18
@Deusoma: he talks about the single player DLC for DS2. which spoils the end of this game
Posted by TadThuggish

I've seen enough of this game to know I'd enjoy it, but hahahahahahaha this voice acting is the fucking wooooooorst.

Posted by Demonstride

Turns out infectors just come from the humans too. 

Posted by VierasTalo

Well, apparently they've shortened the horrible loading times. AKA this is now one of the best rail-shooters available.

Posted by FuzzYLemoN

How convenient, I was about to start this game tonight. :D

Posted by crusader8463
@CH3BURASHKA said:
" @Soap said:
Subtitles are for hearing issues, not seeing issues. Therefore, it's an audio option. "
You read subtitles by looking at them, you don't hear them. There for it's visual and needs to be in video.
Posted by marlow83

I gotta say, I like these 30 minutes way more than anything from the original Dead Space

Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish

That constant jarring 'encounter music' kiind of destroys the mood. 

Posted by InfamousBIG
@crusader8463 said:
" @CH3BURASHKA said:
" @Soap said:
You read subtitles by looking at them, you don't hear them. There for it's visual and needs to be in video. "
Liars, it's a taste option.
Posted by FuzzYLemoN

Brad, the infectors come from the marker.

Posted by Lazyaza

If I had a move I would totally get this, seems kinda pointless without one though. Sucks they didn't do a pc port.

Posted by ArtelinaRose

I actually really liked this game. The last hour or so was one long, boring GET ON WITH IT but other than that I thought it was a very well put together cinematic rail shooter.

Edited by mars188

Half of the time these Videos dont play smooth stops then plays- I Can watch Vids on IGN Gamespot- Gaintbomb player is awful
Posted by golguin

I originally beat it on the Wii. It's good.
Posted by edgefusion

Brad Spoilermaker strikes again!

Posted by skywing

I'm gonna say it, this would make for a fun and quick endurance run.

Posted by jorbear

Those reticles seem really big. Looked kind of hard to dismember strategically. 

Posted by m0nk3y80y

The answer to your necromorph questions, Brad.

http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/Necromorph

Posted by Arrested_Developer

I just bought the original for the 360.  I'm pretty sure I'll never be brave enough to actually play it.

Posted by CornBREDX

I've wanted to get this on WII for awhile.
I still might, I do really like the Dead Space universe.

Posted by Gizmo

Reminds me of Jurassic Park : Trespasser for some reason...

Posted by Gizmo

This looks pretty cool. 

It's such a shame about Move support not being in the main package of LBP2. That, along with Killzone 3 and Extraction HD support may have convinced me.

Posted by onarum
@mars188 said:
" Half of the time these Videos dont play smooth stops then plays- I Can watch Vids on IGN Gamespot- Gaintbomb player is awful "
use progressive, also with firefox, no problems whatsoever here.
Posted by Gizmo
@onarum said:
" @mars188 said:
" Half of the time these Videos dont play smooth stops then plays- I Can watch Vids on IGN Gamespot- Gaintbomb player is awful "
use progressive, also with firefox, no problems whatsoever here. "
Confirmed no problems here on Chrome as well.
Posted by danimal_furry

Yep. Pretty amazing game when I played it on my Wii.

Posted by RobotHamster

I giggled when he told her to keep it tight.

Posted by Romination
@TadThuggish said:
" I've seen enough of this game to know I'd enjoy it, but hahahahahahaha this voice acting is the fucking wooooooorst. "
What are you talking about? I know you just can't hear it well through Vinny and Brad but having actually played this game, the voice acting ranges from "decent" to "great"
Posted by MikeOfAllTrades
@Ronald: 
It plays awful with a Dual Shock 2.  The problem is that the horizontal stick movement is accelerated, while the vertical movement is slower -- as if you were using a mouse on a 4:3 game which was stretched to a 16:9 aspect.  If it weren't for this horrible oversight, it might actually be playable (though not ideal) with a traditional controller.
Posted by talideon
@retsub101: She's actually from Derry, in Northern Ireland, so she's Irish, not English, and she very much sounds like she's from Derry as opposed to any other part of the UK. Her acting is actually quite good in it, but the cadence of the Derry accent might get in the way for those unfamiliar with it.
Posted by The_Moose

Makes me wanna get it for the Wii.

• 126 results