81 Comments
  • 81 results
Posted by EgoCheck616
@freshym said:
" This is fucking horseshit. You should have played the game on PC when it came out. It runs on any pc. It has a fucking netbook mode. I'm primarily a console gamer and I can see the bullshit that this is. "
100% behind you on this. 
Posted by zus

did runic ever say if they will include the console controls in torchlight II, or change the way the game will be controlled because of the port?

Posted by Three0neFive
@freshym said:
" This is fucking horseshit. You should have played the game on PC when it came out. It runs on any pc. It has a fucking netbook mode. I'm primarily a console gamer and I can see the bullshit that this is. "
Can't say my opinion is as strong, but I agree.
Posted by EvilNiGHTS
@freshym: Just because you can run it on a netbook doesn't mean anyone in their right mind would want to play it on one. Even playing it on a laptop without a USB mouse isn't pleasant.  

I bought the game on Steam but don't find the interface satisfying. If it controlled more like the console versions of Baldur's Gate (which I'm lead to assume the XBLA version does) I might have a better time with it. 
Posted by Vafthrutnir

As much as I want this it isn't really high on my list of games to get. Will probably get it during a Steam sale ('11 holiday, $10?).

Posted by CheckPointD

My computer blows so I never care to play games on it verses my 360. So I'm looking forward to the xbla release so I can finally give Torchlight a go.

Posted by 234r2we232
This is unfortunate, but you know, it'll probably make the game better in the long run anyways. 

@Jinto
said:
" Fucking A man, fucking A. Damn 12 year old console kids. "
Effing 12 year-old complaining PC Kidz. Ugh.
Posted by GeneralZod37

FIAL!

Posted by RsistncE
@sofacitysweetheart said:
" This is unfortunate, but you know, it'll probably make the game better in the long run anyways. 

@Jinto
said:
" Fucking A man, fucking A. Damn 12 year old console kids. "
Effing 12 year-old complaining PC Kidz. Ugh. "
For obvious reasons there just aren't as many 12 year olds playing on the PC. Logic fail.
Posted by djaoni

Sad to see it delayed, but The Witcher 2 comes out in May so I wouldn't have played it until at the earliest July anyway.

Posted by solidamus90

Oh man, and I was kinda psyched for getting to play it quite soonish, I loved the first one.

Posted by BounceDK

Expecting another dumbed down game then.

Posted by m2cks
@OmegaPirate said:
" Inb4 "console babies ruining the master race" "
Can't we all just, you know, get along? Grab a guitar, sing Kumbayah?
Posted by Gruff182

I'm one of these PC players that puts the PC on a pedastal, mostly due to the fact that it is, you know, better. 

Seeing people complain here is just moronic. As a PC gamer I hate having certain franchises "dumbed down" to be multi-platform. eg Battlefield.

This game was already built for the PC and is now being ported for consoles?! What the hells wrong with that? More people get to play a great game. Plus their a small studio that had a hit, they deserve to get paid.

Posted by buft

Maybe change the news title to "PC Elitists get another stick to put up their collective rectums"

Posted by WinterSnowblind
@BounceDK said:
" Expecting another dumbed down game then. "
When a game involves nothing more than clicking the mouse button and mashing keys to use potions, how exactly do you "dumb it down"?
Posted by Marz

Where's my Torchlight MMO?   

Posted by MikkaQ

Man I love it when shit like this happens, the PC crowd goes bananas.

Posted by AmericanNinja

Delay box indeed.

Posted by MindOST

There are few things more delicious than the tears of whiny PC-only gamers. If I have to wait a little longer for Torchlight 2, that's alright.

Posted by ajamafalous
@drag said:
" Console gamers ruining everything! and so on and so forth.  "
Posted by ajamafalous
@WinterSnowblind
@BounceDK said:
" Expecting another dumbed down game then. "
When a game involves nothing more than clicking the mouse button and mashing keys to use potions, how exactly do you "dumb it down"?
They could do something like less active skills because there are only so many free buttons on a gamepad even though a keyboard has more than enough hotkeys.
Edited by valrog

That's a shame. Because Diablo III will crush it.

Posted by ProfessorEss
@valrog said:
" That's a shame. Because Diablo III will crush it. "
I dunno, even with the delay that'll still give Torchlight II a couple of years to gather sales.
Posted by Sanity

This seems neat, i really need to go back and play some more torchlight, never finished it, but i am really curious to see how this plays on a console.

Posted by Aklost

So'k Magicka run through's until then i guess, damn that game is two whole bags of awesome. Still does anyone know if Diablo 2 works on windows 7? I do miss looting. 

Posted by CastroCasper

Not too bummed since I am just now going through Torchlight on Steam.

Posted by WinterSnowblind
@valrog said:
" That's a shame. Because Diablo III will crush it. "
Of course it will..  But Torchlight has a pretty devoted cult following, even releasing close to Diablo 3, I don't think it has much to worry about.  Plus that's assuming Diablo 3 will be out anytime before 2015.
Posted by Renegade1973

cool

Posted by mrburger

My roommate and I were totally psyched for Torchlight 2.  But it only just now dawned on us that it won't be on XBLA until, well, ... probably a good long while after it's PC/Mac release.

Posted by Tru3_Blu3

The guys that made Torchlight made the classic Diablo and Diablo 2. It sort of dampens my optimism for the quality of Diablo 3, now since it's made by a different team.