20 Comments
Posted by Sayishere

Im exactly like that, i actually bought assassins creed 2 on release, and havent even played it yet. I have such a backlog of games, and you know the main cause of it? becuase i was an avid MMO player. I played many MMOS.. Warhammer online, star wars galaxies, WoW, City of Heroes, Age of Conan. I hardly played console games for like 5 years. Now that i given up on MMOs theres alot of sequels coming out that looks amazing and i must play....but to do this i need to play the prequel!. An exmaple is Mass effect 2...(yeah i havent played it yet :( )

Posted by Marshermallow
@Hizang: Oh ok. I would still love to go back and play something old school though, even if it did just suppress my problem.
Posted by oraknabo

I can only afford a new game maybe once every 6 months, so I never have this kind of problem.

Posted by Dr_Robocop
@IBurningStar: Yeah I try to be the same way, and am rarely successful at it. It's usually because after a while, I sorta feel that I put enough hours in and had enough fun (or just plain "enough") to justify my purchase of the game. Two good examples for me would be Fallout New Vegas, which I had fun with for 40+ hrs but just lost interest; and Dragon Age II, which I played 20+ hrs before realizing that I was just forcing myself, and dumped for L.A. Noire.
Posted by Hizang
@SwirlinDervish I didn't mean it like that, what I was trying to say was when I have to many games I need to play I end up going back to an old favourite. This may seem good but really it just means I'm avoiding my problem and soon my backlog will get bigger.
Posted by Marshermallow
@Hizang: dude thats awesome, I wish i still had some old games to play
Posted by xpxTomxqx
@Masha2932 said:
I have the same issue, especially with my PS2 back catalogue.There are  games i bought years ago and I've barely touched them. I'm currently trying to rectify this by dedicating myself to one game at a time. Its tough to impose rules on myself but i believe it will help me in the long run.
One game at a time is hard work. I have tried this but always get tempted away too easily haha!
Posted by Hizang

I have a bunch of games that I buy and don't play immediately, my problem is when I buy like 3 new games and I can never decide what to play, I go and drag out like Super Mario 64 or Banjo-Kazooie and go "This is great right?"

Posted by Example1013

Do you ever find yourself using too many words in a paragraph, and people don't find the time to read them all?

Yeah, that's as far as I got.
Posted by Doctorchimp

That's why I limit myself always.

The Witcher 2 and LA Noire in the same week was stretching it for me.

Posted by eccentrix

While I have almost 400 Steam games and haven't played most of them, the problem I have, and always have had, is that I never finish games. Unless I'm really into it and I play it a lot, or it's short and/or easy, I just stop whenever I'm stuck or don't play  for a few days. I feel like I'm missing out, but it never feels like there's enough time to play everything.

Posted by IBurningStar

I don't allow myself to buy a new game unless I have finished the previous one. The only exception to this is if I end up despising the current game and can't stand to play it anymore. Final Fantasy XIII was a game I allowed myself to walk away from about 3/4 of the way through. Another example would be Dante's Inferno. Those are rare occurrences, though, as I have finished roughly 90% of the games I own.

Posted by JoyfullOFrockets

Kinda got this too, but I never let myself get behind with more than 10 games.

Posted by Masha2932

I have the same issue, especially with my PS2 back catalogue.There are  games i bought years ago and I've barely touched them. I'm currently trying to rectify this by dedicating myself to one game at a time. Its tough to impose rules on myself but i believe it will help me in the long run.

Posted by iam3green

i think eveyrone is in this problem. i also have a log of games that i don't play. i have been meaning to play them. i just beat forza 3 a couple of weeks ago. it was a great day. now i just need to get the 100,000 point drift and i'll S-rank that.

Posted by Marshermallow

Well its good to know there are others with this problem

Posted by rentfn

I am just like that. I get into the hype and feel i should get a game, then i will play it for an hour and then not pick it up for awhile. I wanted to try to fix this problem now that I lost my job and have some extra time. Stay Strong!!

Posted by Video_Game_King

Kind of? It's mostly stuff I got for Christmas, and it doesn't help that I bought 3 DS RPGs to top everything off.

Edited by PenguinDust
Posted by Marshermallow

Have you ever found yourself buying too many games, and not having time to play them all? I've run into this problem and i feel stupid, because i'm wasting money paying full price for these games, which i can now buy for half the cost. Of course I don't pay full price for a game unless i really want it, but once i have it i can't bring myself to play it. I've bought games like Singularity, Bioshock 2, Dante's Inferno, Dragon Age, Farcry 2, Army of Two: The 40th Day, God of War 3, Metro 2033, Darksiders, a bunch of Steam games (not all at full price, but some of them), and have barely scratch the surface of any of these games (some i still haven't opened). I'm telling you this because I am afraid that I would rather own a good game than actually play one, but I can easily do both without consequence, so why don't I play these games? I am becoming less of a gamer and more of a collector and it sucks, I want the gamer and collector in me to be 50/50, so i can have my games and play them too.  
 I also find it hard to play games when I'm alone. I need an audience, or a Co-op partner, or someone to play with online. I do have this a lot of the time, but not all the time, and when I don't, like today when I'm sick, and I'm asking buddies to play online, and they're doing other shit, it sucks. And when I eventually do play something, I'm playing old games, not new one's. I guess the answer to my problem is easy...don't buy so many games, and I would probably play more. But I'm not writing this looking for an answer, I want to know who else has this problem if anyone, or any other strange gaming related problems, please comment if you do. Also if your looking for someone to play with, but only if you really want to play, here's my Gamertag: Marsher and PSN Name: SwirlinDervish