114 Comments
  • 114 results
Posted by Max_Hydrogen

Wow, this game looks pretty interesting.

Posted by Time_Muffin

I've just realized that Ryan SUCKS at video games.

Posted by NeilRapalee
@Jonnyflash80:  

I don't think it is that people hate him, but he just seems really bored and monotone.  Like he is going through the motions.   

While I actually really enjoy reading his reviews and feel they are genuinely well-written, I find his narration of these quick looks to be rather boring.  Same way his appearances on the BombCast are again, more of a chore.  He sometimes has decent input or even an ok joke, but I find him sort of annoying in this medium.  Like he feels he is better or above everyone else. 

While I'm sure that isn't the case as they are all friends, it does come across that way and as such does not make for an entertaining listen.
Posted by natetodamax

LOCK UP!

Posted by PosseOfOne

i loved the part when Ryan had seven smarmites left and and killed six of them in the process of dashing one of the big boxes

Posted by krazy_kyle

This game looks really fun. 
ALEX IS A HERO

Posted by Jonnyflash80

What's with the Alex haters here? I think he does a pretty good job and he is definitely qualified to review games. You haters just need to chill.

Posted by Jonnyflash80

God I love it when games lock up Quick Looks. So good.

Posted by rockhardalibi
@Mezmero said:
" I love that the term "dudes" has become synonymous with "lives". "
yes 
Posted by HerbieBug

-INTERNET DRAMA-

Posted by Mercanis

Even if the level design ends up really frustrating, watching the swarmites move around is still mesmerizing.

Posted by Pop

lol, great ending xD.

Edited by Tennmuerti
@ApolloBob: 
The hell is wrong with you?  Get some context.

A) In the first paragraph I was replying to a poster who suggested saying complaints to Alex's face. Which is stupid, hence the sarcasm.

B) I don't care what your question is. I was answering the question of other people.

C) Not once in the comments of this video did I say that I personally dislike Alex.
Posted by ApolloBob
@Tennmuerti said:

" @sofacitysweetheart: Clearly the most logical way to provide negative feedback is to buy a plane ticket and fly to the persons location to say it to his face instead of voicing your negative view in the comments secion provided for the video. "

No, the most logical way to provide feedback is to contact Whiskey Media themselves and tell them what you like or don't like about their websites.  Since you are a gold member,  you have the extra ability to say "I will not renew my membership if you continue to use Alex Navarro for game reviews and quick looks."  That involves their revenue and MIGHT actually influence their decisions about content. 

" A lot of people seem to ask the question: "Why the hate for Alex?"

It's surprising but other people can feel differently from me or you, amazing!

My question is not "why the hate?".  I learned a long time ago that not everyone likes everything or everyone, Captain Condescension.  My question is "Why the desperate need to make sure everyone else here knows about your hate?"  I think sofacitysweetheart is on the right track.  I would prefer comments in a Quick Look of Swarm be about the game Swarm - if you hate Swarm, here is the place to say so.  If you hate Alex, create a thread in the forums that people can choose to ignore.  You know, if providing feedback truly is the goal.
Posted by radioactivez0r

This QL did more for my desire to play the game than Alex's review.  I think there's a fundamental block to intentionally killing your own guys, though, which could make it hard to get a high multiplier until you get used to letting some eat it for points.  Ryan, for example, seemed intent on not letting any more die than was absolutely necessary.

Posted by Mezmero

I love that the term "dudes" has become synonymous with "lives".

Posted by TheHUD

I saw the other quick look a while back, seems interesting but I don't see anything that grabs me enough to justify purchase. Good Quick Look though!

Posted by Sneakybadger

I enjoy this.

Posted by Vexxan

Game still seems great, despite the wacko ending

Posted by Cincaid
@FrEeZe said:
" Sneak appearance by me in this video apparently "
I hope you don't plan to visit me anytime soon!
Posted by TruthTellah
@Phoenix778m:  I agree.  Any kind of personality is better than little to no personality.  A little variety is always appreciated.

Though, I personally think they need to put more fellows like Alex on Game Room Quick Looks. haha.  The sheer agony and despair would be magnificent and penultimately entertaining.
Posted by TruthTellah

I personally like how neurotic Alex can be.  I think he is a more amusing straight man to some of the more jocular quick lookers. It's good to have a little negativity for overly optimistic and silly voices to play against. :)

Posted by Cirdain

CALM THE FUCK DOWN!!! THIS IS GIANTBOMB NOT GAMESPOT. TAKE YOUR SHIT ELSEWHERE AND LEAVE your perfectly resonable comments behind :)

Posted by Phoenix778m

I couldn't be more indifferent about Giant Bomb staff. At least they have personalities unlike most game sites who are so full of cheer about games it's fake. Or so monotone and dry it's boring. I find they have a good medium and that's why I support their site.

Swarm is a fun game but it locks up occasionally while playing. It locks almost all the time on the level select screen while it's fishing for top scores. They need to fix this issue. I just disconnect from Xbox live and it's not an issue from there.

Posted by IronScimitar

Alex Defense Force GO GO GO!

Posted by Soap

Lock ups are how all quick looks should end. 

Posted by Tennmuerti
@sofacitysweetheart: 
Clearly the most logical way to provide negative feedback is to buy a plane ticket and fly to the persons location to say it to his face instead of voicing your negative view in the comments secion provided for the video.
Posted by 234r2we232
@Tennmuerti said:
" A lot of people seem to ask the question: "Why the hate for Alex?"

Here are a couple of examples, to start you out:
Maybe some people dislike Alex because they don't enjoy his constant cynicism about almost everything.
It can be kind of a downer really, for them I guess.
Oh and maybe the constant whining sounding voice, could be a factor for those dudes.
Some people might have other reasons I don't know about.
Or they just simply have oposite tastes in games/movies.
Or maybe I'm completely wrong, and it's totally none of the above, who knows, could be something else.

I'm really trying to help out here, since the issue is so beffudling to a lot of those who like him :)
Hope this helps!
Cheers.

@Milkman

said:

" Also, to the Alex haters: cry more, you pathetic nerds.  "

Aaaaaaaaw, how cute, calling people nerds on gaming forums. It's so ADORABLE. "
Someone's trying a little too hard :) 

People on the Internet like to complain. Do you see any of the comments against Alex being remotely rational? Nope. Just a lot of "I WANT TO MAKE NOISE PEOPLE LOOK AT MY WORDS I DON'T LIKE THIS". There is nothing more to it than that. And even if there were, perhaps they'd be better served to say this to his face as opposed to an Internet forum.
Edited by Portis

Great ending. LOL! 

...Still buying.

Posted by GarryDH

I can see myself getting this if it goes on sale, full price not so much.

Posted by prestonhedges

like 2 comments of Alex hate and 400 defending him

what a White Knight community

Posted by Ronald

$15 for what in the end became a vibrator indie game.

Posted by DuskVamp

Hmmm, don't think I'd pick it up full price, but on sale it's a definite contender.. Also, whats with the Alex hate all the time?

Edited by Tennmuerti

A lot of people seem to ask the question: "Why the hate for Alex?"

Here are a couple of examples, to start you out:
Maybe some people dislike Alex because they don't enjoy his constant cynicism about almost everything.
It can be kind of a downer really, for them I guess.
Oh and maybe the constant whining sounding voice, could be a factor for those dudes.
Some people might have other reasons I don't know about.
Or they just simply have oposite tastes in games/movies.
Or maybe I'm completely wrong, and it's totally none of the above, who knows, could be something else.

I'm really trying to help out here, since the issue is so beffudling to a lot of those who like him :)
Hope this helps!
Cheers.

@Milkman

said:

" Also, to the Alex haters: cry more, you pathetic nerds.  "

Aaaaaaaaw, how cute, calling people nerds on gaming forums.
It's so ADORABLE.
Posted by bunkerbuster05
@SBYM said:
" More Alex. Eat it, haters. "
Yeah son.
Posted by SatelliteOfLove

"You're fine, you're fine."

"NO! EVERYTHING'S FUCKED!"

lol

Posted by m2cks

I got this game just because of the progressive death metal.

Posted by wumbo3000

Alex, I think you're cool and keep up the good work. :)

Posted by Bumbuliuz

A good quick look. I don't understand the Ale hate here. I like him for the most part, and always like when he is with the old Gamespot guys.

Posted by FrEeZe

Sneak appearance by me in this video apparently

Posted by ViciousAnchovy
@Zabant: I remember playing the demo of it in Best Buy. I first learned the word "impale" when the demo timed out and played a sequence of the different ways to die. I loved slamming things over and over with the grappling beam.
Posted by bkbroiler

This was an entertaining watch. But whoever said it earlier is right, I would probably only get this game for like 5 bucks. 

Posted by RoyCampbell

A lot of nut riding and nut stomping over Alex in here, over a person you've never met.

This is gross.

Posted by OllyOxenFree

Another video with Alex in it. Another video with comments bitching.

Love it!

Posted by ApolloBob

Whenever the Alex hate gets particularly irrational, I like to go watch the Kirby Epic Yarn Quick Look.  And I also like to quote Alex himself from his review of same "Get the hate up out your heart".

Posted by Xpgamer7

Alex and the first lock up.

Edited by LiquidSwords

Wow, some of you sound like you didn't get your bottle this morning. Alex is more than qualified to review games. Seems like some of you forgotten that. And don't ask about Dave or Drew, they got jobs too you know. They're not sitting down watching paint dry all day.

GB community......................................................................................................Alex Navarro
Posted by mithhunter55

I find it frustrating watching people playing games with score multipliers more then any other game. 45% of the time during this video I would end up starring at the multiplier running out.

Posted by rndmtask

I don't understand how anyone who hates Ryan (or Alex) so much can be a fan of Giant Bomb.

Posted by Volgin13

great ending.

• 114 results