114 Comments
  • 114 results
Posted by CaptainFish

Ryan needs to not be gathering all the time. Spreading out lets you hit lots of pick ups at the same time, and keeps all your swarm from dying when near explosives.

Posted by Unchartedftw

I guess that's another Quick look I'm not going to watch. Thanks Alex, you are saving me time!

Posted by TehJedicake
@Unchartedftw: lmao god damn
Posted by warxsnake

Wooooow @ this community. The people who won't watch a video because Alex is in it? Go back to lifeless Gamespot and IGN you fools. 

Edited by Death_Unicorn

Amazing quick look, especially the end, "Don't put that controller there, that's my personal controller!"

Edited by MindOST

*Puts on pro-Alex pin*

Posted by CastroCasper

No! No! No! Everything's fucked!!!

Posted by Stupot
@mathkor:  Waa? Was that facepalm directed at me or the other guy?
Posted by Undeadpool
@warxsnake said:
" Wooooow @ this community. The people who won't watch a video because Alex is in it? Go back to lifeless Gamespot and IGN you fools.  "
Their loss. What they don't seem to realize is it still counts the view that they used to write their comment. Oh and that Alex ain't goin' nowhere, so all posting the comment did was give an Alex Navarro Quick-Look another view.
Posted by Milkman

This game does not look fun. 

Posted by Milkman

Also, to the Alex haters: cry more, you pathetic nerds. 

Posted by angelfan91
@MindOST said:
"*Puts on pro-Alex pin" "
Edited by Stubee

Out of all the non regular GB crew, why does Alex crop up so much. Wheres Dave and Drew? Or even Rorie? Instead we get stuck with this irritating goatee mofo. 

EDIT: I should i elaborate i guess. Alex seems to have almost a polar opposite taste in games to me and i find his voice annoying. Just an opinion, no need for the geeks to get all protective over someone they have never met....

Posted by mrcraggle

What's with the Alex hate? He was one of my faves along with the regular GB crew back in the GameSpot days.

Posted by Volgin13

great ending.

Posted by rndmtask

I don't understand how anyone who hates Ryan (or Alex) so much can be a fan of Giant Bomb.

Posted by mithhunter55

I find it frustrating watching people playing games with score multipliers more then any other game. 45% of the time during this video I would end up starring at the multiplier running out.

Edited by LiquidSwords

Wow, some of you sound like you didn't get your bottle this morning. Alex is more than qualified to review games. Seems like some of you forgotten that. And don't ask about Dave or Drew, they got jobs too you know. They're not sitting down watching paint dry all day.

GB community......................................................................................................Alex Navarro
Posted by Xpgamer7

Alex and the first lock up.

Posted by ApolloBob

Whenever the Alex hate gets particularly irrational, I like to go watch the Kirby Epic Yarn Quick Look.  And I also like to quote Alex himself from his review of same "Get the hate up out your heart".

Posted by OllyOxenFree

Another video with Alex in it. Another video with comments bitching.

Love it!

Posted by RoyCampbell

A lot of nut riding and nut stomping over Alex in here, over a person you've never met.

This is gross.

Posted by bkbroiler

This was an entertaining watch. But whoever said it earlier is right, I would probably only get this game for like 5 bucks. 

Posted by ViciousAnchovy
@Zabant: I remember playing the demo of it in Best Buy. I first learned the word "impale" when the demo timed out and played a sequence of the different ways to die. I loved slamming things over and over with the grappling beam.
Posted by FrEeZe

Sneak appearance by me in this video apparently

Posted by Bumbuliuz

A good quick look. I don't understand the Ale hate here. I like him for the most part, and always like when he is with the old Gamespot guys.

Posted by wumbo3000

Alex, I think you're cool and keep up the good work. :)

Posted by m2cks

I got this game just because of the progressive death metal.

Posted by SatelliteOfLove

"You're fine, you're fine."

"NO! EVERYTHING'S FUCKED!"

lol

Posted by bunkerbuster05
@SBYM said:
" More Alex. Eat it, haters. "
Yeah son.
Edited by Tennmuerti

A lot of people seem to ask the question: "Why the hate for Alex?"

Here are a couple of examples, to start you out:
Maybe some people dislike Alex because they don't enjoy his constant cynicism about almost everything.
It can be kind of a downer really, for them I guess.
Oh and maybe the constant whining sounding voice, could be a factor for those dudes.
Some people might have other reasons I don't know about.
Or they just simply have oposite tastes in games/movies.
Or maybe I'm completely wrong, and it's totally none of the above, who knows, could be something else.
It's surprising but other people can feel differently from me or you, amazing!

I'm really trying to help out here, since the issue is so beffudling to a lot of those who like him :)
Hope this helps!
Cheers.

@Milkman

said:

" Also, to the Alex haters: cry more, you pathetic nerds.  "

Aaaaaaaaw, how cute, calling people nerds on gaming forums.
It's so ADORABLE.
Posted by DuskVamp

Hmmm, don't think I'd pick it up full price, but on sale it's a definite contender.. Also, whats with the Alex hate all the time?

Posted by Ronald

$15 for what in the end became a vibrator indie game.

Posted by prestonhedges

like 2 comments of Alex hate and 400 defending him

what a White Knight community

Posted by GarryDH

I can see myself getting this if it goes on sale, full price not so much.

Edited by Portis

Great ending. LOL! 

...Still buying.

Posted by 234r2we232
@Tennmuerti said:
" A lot of people seem to ask the question: "Why the hate for Alex?"

Here are a couple of examples, to start you out:
Maybe some people dislike Alex because they don't enjoy his constant cynicism about almost everything.
It can be kind of a downer really, for them I guess.
Oh and maybe the constant whining sounding voice, could be a factor for those dudes.
Some people might have other reasons I don't know about.
Or they just simply have oposite tastes in games/movies.
Or maybe I'm completely wrong, and it's totally none of the above, who knows, could be something else.
It's surprising but other people can feel differently from me or you, amazing!

I'm really trying to help out here, since the issue is so beffudling to a lot of those who like him :)
Hope this helps!
Cheers.

@Milkman

said:

" Also, to the Alex haters: cry more, you pathetic nerds.  "

Aaaaaaaaw, how cute, calling people nerds on gaming forums. It's so ADORABLE. "
Someone's trying a little too hard :) 

People on the Internet like to complain. Do you see any of the comments against Alex being remotely rational? Nope. Just a lot of "I WANT TO MAKE NOISE PEOPLE LOOK AT MY WORDS I DON'T LIKE THIS". There is nothing more to it than that. And even if there were, perhaps they'd be better served to say this to his face as opposed to an Internet forum.
Posted by Tennmuerti
@sofacitysweetheart: 
Clearly the most logical way to provide negative feedback is to buy a plane ticket and fly to the persons location to say it to his face instead of voicing your negative view in the comments secion provided for the video.
Posted by Soap

Lock ups are how all quick looks should end. 

Posted by IronScimitar

Alex Defense Force GO GO GO!

Posted by Phoenix778m

I couldn't be more indifferent about Giant Bomb staff. At least they have personalities unlike most game sites who are so full of cheer about games it's fake. Or so monotone and dry it's boring. I find they have a good medium and that's why I support their site.

Swarm is a fun game but it locks up occasionally while playing. It locks almost all the time on the level select screen while it's fishing for top scores. They need to fix this issue. I just disconnect from Xbox live and it's not an issue from there.

Posted by Cirdain

CALM THE FUCK DOWN!!! THIS IS GIANTBOMB NOT GAMESPOT. TAKE YOUR SHIT ELSEWHERE AND LEAVE your perfectly resonable comments behind :)

Posted by TruthTellah

I personally like how neurotic Alex can be.  I think he is a more amusing straight man to some of the more jocular quick lookers. It's good to have a little negativity for overly optimistic and silly voices to play against. :)

Posted by TruthTellah
@Phoenix778m:  I agree.  Any kind of personality is better than little to no personality.  A little variety is always appreciated.

Though, I personally think they need to put more fellows like Alex on Game Room Quick Looks. haha.  The sheer agony and despair would be magnificent and penultimately entertaining.
Posted by Cincaid
@FrEeZe said:
" Sneak appearance by me in this video apparently "
I hope you don't plan to visit me anytime soon!
Posted by Vexxan

Game still seems great, despite the wacko ending

Posted by Sneakybadger

I enjoy this.

Posted by TheHUD

I saw the other quick look a while back, seems interesting but I don't see anything that grabs me enough to justify purchase. Good Quick Look though!

Posted by Mezmero

I love that the term "dudes" has become synonymous with "lives".

Posted by radioactivez0r

This QL did more for my desire to play the game than Alex's review.  I think there's a fundamental block to intentionally killing your own guys, though, which could make it hard to get a high multiplier until you get used to letting some eat it for points.  Ryan, for example, seemed intent on not letting any more die than was absolutely necessary.

• 114 results