189 Comments
  • 189 results
Posted by shadyspace
@Scooper said:
" Jared Rea is god-like. He needs to be hired by GB so he can fly to all the fighting game tournaments and cover them. I'd love that. Fighting game tournaments are on the edge of going mainstream, all they need is some good constant coverage from a website like GB to help them blow up more. Jared could do that. "
Dude, this.
Posted by brown_delicious

Cant wait for this and Wrestlemania 27!!! :D

Posted by Mcfart

Great QL

Posted by Landon

I don't even like wrestling , but this looks really cool.

Posted by LoggerRythm

I'm going to go ahead and admit it. I still wear Jean Shorts. There.

Posted by TehJedicake

I'm not even a big fan of wrestling but this looks fuckin great!

Posted by TurboMan

The greatness of that Paul Bearer animation makes me wish they spent a bit longer on this game so it would be great.

Posted by sublime90

this will be the first wrestling game ive purchased sense smackdown 2: know you're role actually sense legends of wrestling:showdown

Posted by Solh0und

Macho Man is in this. I'll check it out.

Posted by phantomzxro

I like the idea of this but the super arcade feel of this game i'm not a fan. Sounds great for kids but i want a little more detail and skill.

Posted by AxleBro

... this game looks AWESOME... and i hate new wrestling.... BUT I'M TOTALLY BUYING THIS!! .... if it has online.... play this shit hard like street fighter... lol...

Posted by AxleBro
@Scooper said:
" Jared Rea is god-like. He needs to be hired by GB so he can fly to all the fighting game tournaments and cover them. I'd love that. Fighting game tournaments are on the edge of going mainstream, all they need is some good constant coverage from a website like GB to help them blow up more. Jared could do that. "
this please!
Posted by DougQuaid

Wait, that guy from The Real World is actually a wrestler now? really?

Posted by JohnPaulVann

Andre the Giant is the greatest wrestler in the history of the sport but this horse shit game rapes his legacy to make a cheap buck. 

Posted by rndmtask
@Scooper said:
This
Posted by spiceninja

This is on PS2. WHAT.

Posted by fillmoejoe

What, No Iron Sheik? For shame.

Posted by Pop

I was expecting it to be crap but wow it actually looks good, except Cena and Edge they look super weird.

Posted by MysteriousBob
@phantomzxro said:
" I like the idea of this but the super arcade feel of this game i'm not a fan. Sounds great for kids but i want a little more detail and skill. "
Oh, you. You're the reason why they're still pumping out those shitty Smackdown Vs Raw games. Besides, how many kids know how to perform juggle combos? Or have even heard of the Macho Man? 

For people who appreciate good gameplay and good wrestling games, this looks god damn fantastic. I can't wait to buy it.
Posted by Ulong

The biggest thing holding john morrison back is his lack of charisma, he's great in the ring.
So wierd to match him up with "who is the most charismatic".

Posted by Hero_Swe

What the fuck? Is it just me. Or am I hearing Hell March 1 in the background when they were starting a new path?
Posted by HairyMike87

Wait, how the hell is Hulk Hogan in this game? Isn't he in TNA?

Posted by Generiko

I didn't want this quick look to end 

;(

Posted by buzz_killington

This actually looks fucking awesome.

Posted by JJOR64

Looks fun.  Might have to check it out.

Posted by ajamafalous

Jared firing on all cylinders in this Quick Look with the wrestling humor.

Posted by Nettacki
@Fragonard said:
" WCW vs. NWO is the best wresting game ever. "
Which one? World Tour or Nitro?
Posted by Einherjan

I love you Jared.

Posted by Rocospi

Giant Bomb: The only website left that actually covers shitty wrestling games.

Edited by 234r2we232
@MysteriousBob said:

" @phantomzxro said:

" I like the idea of this but the super arcade feel of this game i'm not a fan. Sounds great for kids but i want a little more detail and skill. "
Oh, you. You're the reason why they're still pumping out those shitty Smackdown Vs Raw games. Besides, how many kids know how to perform juggle combos? Or have even heard of the Macho Man?  For people who appreciate good gameplay and good wrestling games, this looks god damn fantastic. I can't wait to buy it. "
There is no skill required to play the Smackdown vs. Raw games.... so I'm not sure what you're talking about. With that said, Fire Pro Advance and No Mercy (and occasionally Day of Reckoning) still scratch my itch :D 

And I'm pretty sure most kids who watch WWE these days know who the older guys are. They can't afford to rely on their own current production to let them forget. Nostalgia-nostalgia-nostalgia... and even then, they re-write where ever it happens to make them the most money, so it matters even less. This is why I stopped watching this stuff years ago :|
Posted by phantomzxro
@MysteriousBob said:
" @phantomzxro said:
Oh, you. You're the reason why they're still pumping out those shitty Smackdown Vs Raw games. Besides, how many kids know how to perform juggle combos? Or have even heard of the Macho Man?  For people who appreciate good gameplay and good wrestling games, this looks god damn fantastic. I can't wait to buy it. "
Well i don't really support Smackdown vs Raw or think they are shitty games as you say (more in line with there not changing much with each new game).  I was always a fan of the  WWE wrestlemania 2000 or No Mercy games myself. I'm not saying this is a bad game or anything but the style of it is a little over the top for me. I have never liked the so buffed up design of the wrestlers and i don't care for the over the top moves at least not like that. I was cool with in your house style of craziness if you remember that game.

Anyway i'm sure this is a fine game and many will enjoy this if they are tired of the SvsR games and i liked the showdown promo videos they do. But this is purely on a matter of taste and not speaking of the merit of the game.
Posted by m0rdr3d
@DanNapolitano:

Yes!  I'd love those with a full roster of all the old and new superstars. 

The no-selling here ruins the game for me.  I know it's over the top, but that makes the moves feel even more impotent when Cena pops right back up.  And a finisher should almost always be the end.
Posted by Gizmo

Best wrestling game since Here Comes The Pain?

Posted by phantomzxro
@sofacitysweetheart said:
" @MysteriousBob said:
" @phantomzxro said:
There is no detail or skill required to play the Smackdown vs. Raw games.... so I'm not sure what you're talking about. With that said, Fire Pro Advance and No Mercy (and occasionally Day of Reckoning) still scratch my itch :D  And I'm pretty sure most kids who watch WWE these days know who the older guys are. They can't afford to rely on their own current production to let them forget. Nostalgia-nostalgia-nostalgia... and even then, they re-write where ever it happens to make them the most money, so it matters even less. This is why I stopped watching this stuff years ago :| "
Once again i'm no Smackdown vs raw fan or anything and lack of skill was maybe a bad choice of words. I just want more options in my wrestling game. I have said before that i was more into The No mercy era of games and found them to be the best wrestling game of their times. fire pro was some good stuff too. This game is cool and all just don't like the style of it. 

But too your point i don't think younger fans will know the older guys maybe macho man or hulk hogan but the others they won't know. But i feel that is ok because it does a good job of a younger fan can jump in a pick john cena while a older fan can pick stone cold or Brett heart
Posted by HarlequinRiot

Surprisingly good. And Cena's taint will never have enough of any move. 

Edited by ProfessorK

I heart Jared for the Botchamania reference.

Posted by vinsanityv22

Huh - I was under the impression that THQ San Diego was somehow related to Paradox. THANK GOD. Because as the only fighting game developer in the country besides Netherealm (Midway Chicago), they're probably the only guys who care about animation blending. All wrestling/MMA/boxing games are stiff as shit because of lazy, overly mo-capped animations (though the new Fight Night admittedly looks much better in that regards), but the guys who did MK: Shaolin Monks and TNA Impact are some of the best animators in the biz when it comes to snappy, responsive animations and great animation blending. No wonder WWE All Stars is such a blast to play. Awesome for THQ - I hope All Stars does well for 'em. It sure as sh** is more fun to play than Smackdown VS. Raw.
Great Quick Look guys!

Posted by AllanIceman

Oh, memories of my mis-spent youth watching wrestling.

Posted by Krystal_Sackful

Posted by Monkeyman04
@AllanIceman: Same here. I can't believe the hours wasted watching wrestling.
Posted by Fattony12000

The hilarious crowds are the best part of any wrestling game.

I'M SORRY, YOU JUST CAN'T SWIM!

Posted by Rox360
@Hero_Swe: 
Hah, I was reminded of it, too. Kinda uncanny until I realized it wasn't the same song.
Posted by DarkbeatDK

This is how wrestling should be. Not that uncanny valley, 2 different moves, climbing on ladders crap.

Edited by 234r2we232

Where is the Bionic Man sound effect during those special moves?

@vinsanityv22 said:

" Huh - I was under the impression that THQ San Diego was somehow related to Paradox. THANK GOD. Because as the only fighting game developer in the country besides Netherealm (Midway Chicago), they're probably the only guys who care about animation blending. All wrestling/MMA/boxing games are stiff as shit because of lazy, overly mo-capped animations (though the new Fight Night admittedly looks much better in that regards), but the guys who did MK: Shaolin Monks and TNA Impact are some of the best animators in the biz when it comes to snappy, responsive animations and great animation blending. No wonder WWE All Stars is such a blast to play. Awesome for THQ - I hope All Stars does well for 'em. It sure as sh** is more fun to play than Smackdown VS. Raw.Great Quick Look guys! "

I'm sorry, slightly above average animation blending doesn't make for a good wrestling. I'm sorry, it just doesn't.
Posted by ryanwho

Where my Rick Flair and Sting at. I know Im the only one who cares about Sting but he's a legend to me alright.!
*wipes away tear*

Posted by jakob187

Goddamn.  I'll throw down the $60 just to watch all of the promos in that game.  The Stone Cold vs CM Punk one was pretty goddamn great.  The Undertaker bit on the campaign makes me want to watch some old wrestling videos.  Mankind/Undertaker Boiler Room match sounds good.

Posted by MysteriousBob
@ryanwho said:
" Where my Rick Flair and Sting at. I know Im the only one who cares about Sting but he's a legend to me alright.!*wipes away tear* "
Don't quote me on this, but I don't think Sting ever wanted anything to do with WWE.
Posted by mltvcocktail
Posted by swimmi34

I wish John Cena was that ripped. This game is possibly the best wrestling simulation to date.

Edited by NegativeCero

But guys, modern wrestling isn't shitty because The Rock is on wrestling again. He's sort of a legend right? 

Edit: Hell yeah, Randy Savage.

• 189 results