237 Comments
Posted by Vexxan

Looking more forward to teh singleplayer part of  GoW3 I gotta say, barely played the first two games online at all.

Posted by Sweep

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted by Dracomaster01

Hey,this looks like Gears...I like Gears. 

Posted by Soap

Wow! It plays just like Gears of War! :D

Edited by Andheez

When does this go open beta?  ever?  Need to play.  Yeah, Jeff is pretty terrible, but it still makes me want to play some Gears, especially since they added servers.

PS.  I love how everyone thinks you should only use shotguns.  Just keep running at me as I slowly back away and gun you down, lol.

Posted by bybeach

Well it looked fun. I'd say thrasher ball interested me the least, that moving king of the hill was a good way to initiate conflicts. One of these days I might try a MP game if I could at least not do something stupid. enough visual cues here friendly fire should not be a problem

But have a good time with this, I'm waiting for the campaign.

And my impression right off also was that the shotgun was too powerfull up close., and this for the most part is a middle to close range depth of field fight.

Posted by Darkerkamikaze

Gears of Gear

Posted by WalkerTR77
@DancingJesus: For anyone who's played a significant amount of gears multiplayer, it's tough to watch the way Jeff plays.
Posted by cojack426

Same exact multiplayer. I think I'm done blowing $60 on Gears of War when it releases.

Posted by hagridore

I'll be playin' for silly unlocks. Campaign and horde are where it's really at for me.

Edited by lacke

Shotguns didn't drive me away from Gears 2. The rubber banding did. Lets hope it's gone now that they are running dedicated servers. Since I'm European, I have to see even there will be European servers. Yeah there should be but I'm not giving Epic the benefit of the doubt anymore. (They said Gears 2 netcode was improved over Gears 1...)

Edit: Gears 3 looks great though. I like the fact that they introduced tickets as a incentive to revive your team mates.
Posted by JudahJones

looks like they still didn't fix the shotgun issue (or rather the fact that its all anyone uses in multiplayer because its so overpowered). I'll stick to horde and beast mode thanks.

Posted by Doobie_Wop

The animations look better, the characters seem much more mobile and the transition from cover to cover is smoother, nice looking character models and it's got some nice lighting going on. The textures look butt ugly though and they could have made the guns look a little better. Overall, it looks like more Gears, which is good, but hopefully the single player really changes the whole game up, because I don't want to play the same game for a third time. 

Posted by ApocalypseLater

I have to say this is one of the few times I've been seriously tempted to buy an Xbox. GB quicklooks are too effective at getting me to buy games.

Posted by ZeForgotten

So Jeff is terrible at this? 

So he sucks just as much as the rest of the people he's playing with since they're doing the exact same thing he is
Posted by Sarumarine

That's a damn shame that multiplayer in Gears of War is still Dances With Shotguns. They might as well take out every other weapon then.

I hope you can still play with bots offline like you could in Gears of War 2.

Edited by SomeJerk

kThe guys with a lot of kills also use shotguns, I wish I could pipe in and say about 40% into the video.

@ZeForgotten
said:

" So Jeff is terrible at this?  So he sucks just as much as the rest of the people he's playing with since they're doing the exact same thing he is
"

I don't know, looks like normal console FPS gaming to me.
Posted by smokyexe

I can't handle how bad Jeff is playing and that he isn't using the shotgun . Its too much!

Posted by Delta_Ass
@somejerk said:
" @ZeForgotten said:

" So Jeff is terrible at this?  So he sucks just as much as the rest of the people he's playing with since they're doing the exact same thing he is
"

I don't know, looks like normal console FPS gaming to me. "
Doesn't look like normal console FPS gaming to me.

It'd need to be an FPS first.
Posted by Afroman269

That was kinda hard go watch. Even though the people who were playing were destroying fools, Jeff would have been better off using a shotgun in well.....close combat...

Edited by ProfessorEss

I'm so in.

Don't care much about the multiplayer but I can not wait to dig into the campaign and sweet, sweet Horde mode.

Posted by ZeForgotten
@somejerk said:
" kThe guys with a lot of kills also use shotguns, I wish I could pipe in and say about 40% into the video.

@ZeForgotten
said:

"

That's pretty good considering that it's a Third Person Shooter (Over the shoulder and everything!) 
Unless we've become so used to our own internet words that we're writing it like "Fird Person Shooter" :P 
Posted by cikame

I don't like the constant diving shotgun spam in gears, so this still isn't interesting.

Posted by akumous

I had a such an amazing experience playing the original gears and in my regard it is still one of the best 3rd person shooters out there regardless of console. I can't say about GOW 2 because I sold my 360 before I could even play and I am not planning on getting another since my experience with the console wasn't pretty, but I do miss playing GOW.

Posted by Seroth

The real reason to play Gears multiplayer is Horde mode. Which is why I'm excited for that variant in which you play as the locust.

Posted by sdornan

Yep, looks like Gears of War...

Posted by Sooty

Talk about stealing the Halo menu system completely

Posted by Eaxis

The first Gears had the best multiplayer. Gears of war 2 sucked horribly online. The third looks more like 2 wich is bad. The maps in the first were great.
Posted by ProfessorEss
@Seroth said:
" The real reason to play Gears multiplayer is Horde mode. Which is why I'm excited for that variant in which you play as the locust. "
Me too.
Edited by MeatSim

Looks like more GOW but if they have better online performance, less glitches, and balance the game better I am all for it.

Posted by Ronald

I love watching Jeff play shooters, especially cover based shooters. Where he runs right at the other team shooting at them and they just mow him down. But that one time he did it near the end was pretty awesome as he chainsawed everyone down and his team cleared out the capture point. Then it was just a bedlam of bodies. That was cool. The shotguns meanwhile are not cool. You can just run through the enemy's gun fire until you are close enough and then bam, one shot kill?

Posted by ez123
@Sarumarine said:
" That's a damn shame that multiplayer in Gears of War is still Dances With Shotguns.  "
Gears 1 was some of that but also getting power weapons. Maybe it's because I'm not a CoD guy but going after the power weapons and switching to the shotty when it's appropriate is fun to me.

Man, the hammerburst looks terrible.  The new reticle, the bloom, and now it goes into 1st person if you want to zoom?  Hopefully there are options to change at least the zoom to be like Gears 2.
Posted by GaspoweR

That quick look was tough to watch. Jeff was pull'n a Brad A LOT.

Gameplay's great though just hope that Epic takes the opportunity to tweak and improve the multiplayer from this beta and apply proper balances and lessening the latency.
Posted by EOT

Soooo....still bots...but we have join in progress back. That'll do I suppose. I would have liked if they'd brought the ability to browse servers back too but no 360 games do that any more (apart from older ones like R6V, Gears 1 and GRAW obviuosly).

Posted by Curufinwe
@somejerk said:
" kThe guys with a lot of kills also use shotguns, I wish I could pipe in and say about 40% into the video.

@ZeForgotten
said:

"

Fird Person Shooter?
Posted by SomeJerk
@ZeForgotten said:
" @somejerk said:

@ZeForgotten
said:

"

That's pretty good considering that it's a Third Person Shooter (Over the shoulder and everything!) 
Unless we've become so used to our own internet words that we're writing it like "Fird Person Shooter" :P 
"
I was actually thinking console FPS gameplay through a TPS perspective - walk out into the open, stand still, aim, die because the other team had an extra person with them doing the very same :D
Posted by IronRinn

That town map really shows some Bulletstorm influenced art direction.

Posted by Afroman269
@somejerk said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
" @somejerk said:

@ZeForgotten
said:

"

"
I was actually thinking console FPS gameplay through a TPS perspective - walk out into the open, stand still, aim, die because the other team had an extra person with them doing the very same :D "
Which is what the inexperienced people tend to do. The way to play is to stay mobile and staying close to cover. 
Posted by raikoh05

this is very frustrating to watch

Posted by Lind_L_Taylor
@Ronald said:
" I love watching Jeff play shooters, especially cover based shooters. Where he runs right at the other team shooting at them and they just mow him down.  "

LOL. I think even I might be able to whip Jeff in a shooter.
Posted by Klaimore

To think this game was supposed to come out this month..

Posted by iamcornjulio

Dude...Its been a while since gears... A bit rusty i see... lolz

Posted by BasketSnake

I'm only interested in the co-op. I don't even want to play it alone. Gears 2 was that good.

Posted by blacklab

Am I the only one that hates how these games control?  I always feel like I'm stuck in molasses.  

Posted by teh_destroyer

I can dig out my copy of the beta off of my disc of Bullet Storm, probably on my day off tomorrow.

Posted by ZeForgotten
@somejerk said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
" @somejerk said:

@ZeForgotten
said:

"

"
I was actually thinking console FPS gameplay through a TPS perspective - walk out into the open, stand still, aim, die because the other team had an extra person with them doing the very same :D "
At, then it makes sense and I agree. 
It's funny in games like Battlefield 2 when people decide to run out in the open and just stand there. 
Me and my sniper like those people a lot =D
Posted by Demon_Sandwich

So. who is actually in the beta right now. i know bulletstorm owners get it tuesday or monday. but i have seen some people playing it right now and talking about it. 

Posted by Jasta
@Nizzleworth said:
" Looks a lot like Gears of War. "
You're so fucking right.
Posted by natetodamax

I'm still only interested in the single player mainly. It's disappointing to see the shotgun still being used so much online.

Posted by CommodoreGroovy

GoW multiplayer has a bit of a learning curve. You only learn how to handle certain situations by dying alot. =p