237 Comments
Posted by UnrealDP

@SuperSambo: yeah dude they never fire it but you see it fired at them plenty of times and just how powerful it is by being on the recieving end.

Posted by TehJedicake

I'd care about this if it was a PC game.

Posted by SomeJerk

I was just told that rage quitting in GoW 3 (like to preserve your sweet KDR brah) makes it so that only your deaths are saved, not your kills. I like Epic again!

Posted by Solh0und

Seeing that it's near impossible to get a beta code during today's giveaway via twitter and epic games, I'll wait til the 25th and preorder the game. Can't wait til the full game comes out though.

Posted by WrathOfBanja

I heard that the shotgun is good in this game.

Posted by bybeach

Female locust sounds kind of bitchy. Arn't they nicer than that,being the locust fairer sex, or are they strictly into demanding you to take out the garbage and no, not going to be any making little locusts tonite. No not tomorrow night either. Ask again and you get the chainsaw response.

I like that yessssssssssssss that one lucust makes, I think with the bow I remember right. He likes the chainsaw response, turns him on.

Posted by FuzzYLemoN

I foresee pressing A to stick to cover, pulling the left trigger to aim, and pulling the right trigger to shoot.
I'm a wizard.

Posted by Sharpshooter
@somejerk: Really? Thats pretty sweet.
Posted by Pr1mus
@FuzzYLemoN said:
" I foresee pressing A to stick to cover, pulling the left trigger to aim, and pulling the right trigger to shoot.I'm a wizard. "

That sounds fucked up
Edited by p3lon_

I kind of wish that for once you guys knew something about a game you're doing a quick look for. But still fun to watch jeff die over and over lol.

Posted by Sinkwater
@FuzzYLemoN said:
" I foresee pressing A to stick to cover, pulling the left trigger to aim, and pulling the right trigger to shoot.I'm a wizard. "
But...it doesn't sound fucked up?
Posted by MooseyMcMan

Can't stop the TRAIN, baby! 

Posted by Carlidus

yup. this is pretty much my experience with gears multiplayer...

Posted by BUCK3TM4N

i like gears but........ the multilayer always had issues

Posted by Raven_Sword

looks pretty.
Posted by RsistncE

Looks like a pile shit, just like Gears 2. It's too bad also, Gears 1 was the game that got me to buy a 360 but they fucking failed terribly with the sequel and this looks the game that they should have released 3 years ago...a version of Gears 2 that WORKS.

Posted by Gen_Discomfort

Looks awesome!

Posted by Patman99

I skipped Gears of War 2 so I guess I will pick this up, it looks pretty cool.

Posted by LackLuster

Finally a good new shooter

Posted by RandomInternetUser

... : /  I guess I'll end up getting a 6th 360 when this comes out.

Edited by NTM

It looks like you can tumble roll diagonally this time around. If so, that'd be awesome. I can do without, but it's always a plus in games if they have a roll function. I also like how when you die, you come back into the action instantly so when someone dies they don't have to sit out for the rest of a round.
Posted by theberserker

oh snap!

Posted by Bubbly

I'm not gonna lie I've always cared more about the single player in Gears of War. Its great that they are doing a beta for this though.

Posted by dancinginfernal

But what about my beard.

Posted by Majkiboy

Gears multiplayer always was to chunky... still is. Other than that, the extremely small maps and lack of vertical action bothers me.

Posted by Blu_Magic

Gawd, I'm gonna end up flunking out of college once I get my hands on this game.

Posted by gizmo88
GoW would be infinitely better if they gave the lancer 1.5-2x damage. No one uses it. It's like the needler from Halo 1. I was hoping to get back into GoW3. After this quicklook, I might just end up waiting for Battlefield 3 to get my shooter fix.

Posted by chickdigger802

Strangely this reminds me of gbc. Color was brought to my eyes.

Posted by Grilledcheez

Looks like Gears, and that's a good thing.  Jeff needs to whip out that shotgun for once and do some crazy rollin' and shooting.

Posted by Wonloong

Anya.

Posted by Olivaw

I don't know how anyone with a functioning brain can care about the plot or story of any of the Gears of War games.

Posted by FoolishChaos
@Olivaw said:
" I don't know how anyone with a functioning brain can care about the plot or story of any of the Gears of War games. "
MARIA!

Seriously that was maybe the sole reason me and my friend only wen't through GoW2 twice, rather than the six or so times we did the first one. Stop trying to get serious in my crazy shooter, epic
Posted by McGhee

AHH. . . COME ON!

Posted by AhmadMetallic

running in circles killing each other... very entertaining 

Posted by danimal_furry

Eh. I am so tired of multi player. Also, this looks not a ton different than any other Gears of War. If I play any game, it is on my own or when I am actually with friends. Does that mean I am losing my gamer tag?
Posted by Example1013

Good job not bitching out and using the shotgun, Jeff! Real men use assault rifles because we have BALLS OF STEEL.

Posted by chplusink

I love the site, but you really do suck at Gears. hahaha.

Posted by thebigJ_A

Looks like Gears. I guess if they can just get it to work properly, it'll be an improvement.

I wonder if the campaign will actually make that lambent stuff make sense.

Posted by ds8k

Weird to see the direction Epic has gone. They went from the near perfection of UT2004 to...this mess. Oh well.  Maybe one day they'll get back to their roots.

Posted by MideonNViscera

I hope they set a new precedent with these dedicated servers. Bungie had a good idea way back in Halo 2, but we're all sick of it now haha

Posted by TorMasturba
@example1013 said:
"
                Good job not bitching out and using the shotgun, Jeff! Real men use assault rifles because we have BALLS OF STEEL.
            "

Actually real mean don't give a shit what other real men think of them, oh and having balls of steel would make less of a man because they wouldn't be able to breed. ;-p
Posted by thebigJ_A

I preferred the hammer burst in 2. Each bullet does more damaged than a single lancer bullet, and by pulling the trigger quickly, you can, for a short period, nearly match the lancer's rate of fire. If you just hold down the trigger it sucks, though.

Posted by AaronChance

After watching this quicklook, I'm still surprised people find Gears series worth playing in multiplayer. It wasn't fun for me in the first, and not much has changed here.

Posted by PenguinDust

Looks fun but too intense for my paltry skills.   Any game that penalizes death and determines victory by using a respawn pool isn't going to work for me.  I would be the cause of many a loss because I'm little more than a "meat bag" usually.  I die easily.   The single player might be fun though.  I don't know, I wasn't a huge fan of the previous two games.  Perhaps, I'll take a look at them again before this is released. 

Posted by chicomendes2

looks shit, like gears 2,

Posted by Sicmeth0d

Amazing Game cant wait to play it this monday!

Posted by PrivateIronTFU

Man, the only way they could get me to play this multiplayer is if they nerf the shotgun, or get rid of it entirely. That is such bullshit.

Posted by zityz

People rolling around with shotguns. Yup it's a Gears game alright. Why even put other weapons into the game at this point? haha.

Posted by fillmoejoe

So roll around and shotgun right? I like that you can unlock stuff for the retail version, they probably could've made these preorder bonuses.

Posted by honeycut1

I'm looking forward to trying it out.  I didn't grab the VIP access so I'll wait for the Bulletstorm beta.