62 Comments
  • 62 results
Posted by Belonpopo
@Rawrnosaurous:
They have more money than you. Get over it.
Posted by ajamafalous
@JuggaloDarkCarnival said:
" sumtimez u jst gotta go wit a code nomsane? if u dnt have much money like me u gotta do whatchu gotta do 2 get ur blackops on. not all of us can be mad rich and hav credit n debit cardz n rich shit liek dat. we gotta hack shit and get codes ourselv nd hope we dnt get kawt by M$$$$$ "

Posted by ThePickle
" sumtimez u jst gotta go wit a code nomsane? if u dnt have much money like me u gotta do whatchu gotta do 2 get ur blackops on. not all of us can be mad rich and hav credit n debit cardz n rich shit liek dat. we gotta hack shit and get codes ourselv nd hope we dnt get kawt by M$$$$$ "
Words of wisdom.

This man is a fountain of truth, knowledge, and common sense. Sometimes you just gotta get your Blackops on! Nomsane? Truer words were never spoken.

JuggaloDarkCarnival: A man of the people. Not all of us can be mad rich and hav credit n debit cards n rich shit liek dat. A true poet. 
Posted by Oldirtybearon
@PrivateIronTFU said:
" @KingWilly said:
" @PrivateIronTFU said:
" @KingWilly: I don't think you fully grasp how the world operates. Grow up. "
I don't? I know I personally wouldn't (and haven't) stood by while merchants insulted me. Either speak up or walk out. You let them know something they did was wrong (if they have any semblance of intellect) and you get the satisfaction of not giving them your money.

If you want to stare sheepishly and be passive aggressive towards them, that's your prerogative. Don't assume your lack of testicles and inability to confront aggressors is the way the world works, however.
"
I don't assume that's how the world works. I had already finished my transaction. So I left. It's that simple, and that does not constitute a 'lack of testicles'. 

What I do assume is that assholes like you, who love internet anonymity and all the dickishness it allows for, are often the biggest pussies in real life. So it makes me laugh when you suggest that you would have done something about it. We all know that's a lie.

And now I'm going to be the bigger man and walk away. Enjoy living your empty, empty life.

"
lol cool story brah
Edited by MattyFTM

I don't see the problem. They're promoting a product they're selling. If you don't want to buy it from GameStop, don't. There are plenty of people who don't like purchasing things over the internet, but want the DLC and want to ensure they get it on the day of release. You might not be one of those peope, and that's fine, but there is nothing wrong with GameStop advertising to those people. Just don't buy it. They're not forcing anything on you. They're just offering something to a different group of customers.

Posted by TheCableKid

The only real way to combat this bullshit is to not give them your business. Sadly I feel like more and more that gamestop is starting to dominate the game retail market as far as brick and mortar go.

Posted by PrivateIronTFU
@KingWilly said:
" @PrivateIronTFU said:
I don't? I know I personally wouldn't (and haven't) stood by while merchants insulted me. Either speak up or walk out. You let them know something they did was wrong (if they have any semblance of intellect) and you get the satisfaction of not giving them your money.

If you want to stare sheepishly and be passive aggressive towards them, that's your prerogative. Don't assume your lack of testicles and inability to confront aggressors is the way the world works, however.
"
I don't assume that's how the world works. I had already finished my transaction. So I left. It's that simple, and that does not constitute a 'lack of testicles'. 

What I do assume is that assholes like you, who love internet anonymity and all the dickishness it allows for, are often the biggest pussies in real life. So it makes me laugh when you suggest that you would have done something about it. We all know that's a lie.

And now I'm going to be the bigger man and walk away. Enjoy living your empty, empty life.

Posted by Oldirtybearon
@PrivateIronTFU said:

Posted by DrRandle
@Atramentous said:
" You dont have to buy it. 

Im starting to feel like the bitching about GS is getting worse than GS itself.
"
^^^ This.
Posted by Mr_Skeleton

No they didn't people are still buying it from them so that seems perfectly reasonable to me. On a related note, people are still stupid.

Posted by schattenwolf86

I have to say, more power to GameStop.  If someone wants to preorder it there, fine, whatever.  There's no bonus to getting it from them over buying XBL.  I agree with Atramentous, the bitching about GS's practices feels like it's worse than GS's practices itself.

Posted by hicks91

How dare a profit making company seek more ways to make more profits

This crazy idea will never catch on!!!!!!!
Posted by fox01313

I can understand to a certain degree about preordering actual games but agreed that preordering DLC or digital versions of games is just plain stupid.

Posted by Napalm
@TimAllen624: Because I'm sure seventy-five percent of those who get the dlc from GameStop are ten years old.
Posted by Metric_Outlaw
@Napalm said:
" @TimAllen624 said:
" A lot of kids (and some adults for that matter) can't get a debit or credit so they can't get every XBLA or DLC. "
If they cannot get a credit card, or at least a debit card linked to a bank account, then I think they have bigger problems. "
Lol so being 10 is a big problem?
Posted by YetiAntics
@Atramentous said:

Yay! I'm not crazy! Other people feel this way!
Posted by Example1013

Doesn't this belong in the nerd rage thread...?

Posted by EveretteScott
What in the hell....
Posted by fullmetal5550

I don't see what the big deal is. If Gamestop wants to sell DLC than let them sell DLC. No one is forcing you pre-order or buy the DLC from Gamestop. I don't see why so many people hate Gamestop. I hear that some people have had to deal with bad employees. Luckily all of the employees at the Gamestop I shop at are all nice. 

Posted by BraveToaster

Of course we don't have to buy it, but that doesn't keep it from be ridiculous.

Posted by KamikazeCaterpillar
@Atramentous said:

"
I could not agree more.

It's amazing how quickly people will jump on the bandwagon of hating something just because someone on the internetz talked some shit about something that happened once to someone they met once. They're a fucking business. Whether you like it or not their entire existence is based on the idea of making money.
Posted by Xeiphyer

Steam does the same thing? You can preload shit so it works as soon as it releases and doesn't strain the servers as much. Its a great idea honestly.

Also, they are advertising to their followers, people who want to see that kind of shit. So if you don't like it, then don't follow them.

Posted by Xpgamer7

It's because most of the DLC money goes to the publisher rather than gamestop. Preorder DLC and you'll be paying gamestop.

Posted by Napalm
@TimAllen624 said:
" A lot of kids (and some adults for that matter) can't get a debit or credit so they can't get every XBLA or DLC. "
If they cannot get a credit card, or at least a debit card linked to a bank account, then I think they have bigger problems.
Posted by tunaburn

dude youre ridiculous. its a business. in business you try to make profit. in a sales business you try to make profit by selling everything you can. if people are willing to preorder it then why not sell it. does it effect you? CALM THE FUCK DOWN.

Posted by Metric_Outlaw

I think you're forgetting that not everyone kid has a debit card. A lot of kids (and some adults for that matter) can't get a debit or credit so they can't get every XBLA or DLC. And if you don't like something then you don't have to buy it either. Vote with your dollars.

Posted by Napalm

In-store DLC flies in the face of what "DLC" actually stands for, and conclusively, is ass backwards.

Posted by MariachiMacabre
My god. This is what shit like Insane Clown Posse does to people. It literally makes them lose their grasp on language. That is how incredibly shitty and terrible ICP is. They cause their listeners to devolve. Wait....I just realized. If Juggalo's have finally, in 2011, figured out how to both turn on their PCs and browse the internet...that means we could be faced with having to deal with even more of them soon...We must prepare.
Posted by awesomeusername
???
Posted by iam3green

lol at that. gee i think they are going to run out of DLC man! i wounder if the workers get that preorder thing that they have to do. get an amount of preoders by the end of the week or whenever.

Posted by Bloodgraiv3
@ImmortalSaiyan said:
"That is stupid. It's not like the DLC is going to run out. "

Exactly what I thought =|
Posted by Example1013
@Atramentous said: 

"
@Kiro said: 

" GAMESTOP RAGE arrrhg! "

Posted by Gooddoggy
@melcene said:
" @Rawrnosaurous: Rather than get mad at Gamestop why don't you get mad at Activision or Microsoft or whoever is responsible for the fact that you can buy DLC in stores. "
That's not really the same thing - there's a fair amount of people who don't have access to a credit card, or don't like buying things online.  There are people out there who refuse to give Microsoft their credit card info, since it's damn near impossible to get unlinked from your XBL account.  I'm not saying it's a huge market, but it's enough so that there's an economic incentive for companies to provide physical codes in stores for DLC.
Posted by Wes
@melcene: Nah, some people don't like credit cards or extra points just sitting in their accounts. It's pretty similar to disc "DLC."
Posted by Klaimore
@Progn0sticator: Amazing you made my day!
Posted by InfiniteGeass

I see nothing wrong with this.

Posted by DriveupLife
@Rawrnosaurous: 

U mad?
Posted by ninjakiller

Once in a great while I'll stop in to see if they have any good used games, otherwise Amazon is the way to go.  Especially if you can live without playing the new game @ the midnight launch.  

Posted by nemt

Gamestop sucks

More on this breaking story at 11

Posted by JasonR86
@Rawrnosaurous:

I don't have a problem with this at all and I'm not exactly sure why you do.  They're a business and they are pushing the sales of a product they sell.  What's the problem?  Why would it be ok to advertise new and used games but not DLC?  They sell that product just like full-retail games. 

Maybe I'm missing something.
Posted by AjayRaz

still don't get why everyone bitches about GameStop. pre-ordering DLC is completely pointless, but it's not like it isn't possible. 

Posted by Afroman269

It's pretty stupid stuff. The only thing that is more stupid are the sheep who actually preorder the DLC.

Posted by JuggaloDarkCarnival

sumtimez u jst gotta go wit a code nomsane? if u dnt have much money like me u gotta do whatchu gotta do 2 get ur blackops on. not all of us can be mad rich and hav credit n debit cardz n rich shit liek dat. we gotta hack shit and get codes ourselv nd hope we dnt get kawt by M$$$$$

Posted by DoctorTran

Fucking iPhone and thumbs.

Okay, when it gets to the bit where you give them a description of something, lay down your story.

Posted by DoctorTran
@PrivateIronTFU
I don't mind that so much.

What I do mind, however, are the idiots that work at my local Gamestop, who don't know how to keep they're dipshit mouths shut. I'm right in front of them, purchasing a PS3 game, and they're going on and on about how underpowered and shitty the PS3 is, and only idiots buy PS3s. Seriously, I'm right there, purchasing my game. If I hadn't already completed my transaction, I would have put the game back and told them they lost a customer. As it is, I'm just not going back there again. Because one of the guys was the manager.
Do the online survey. Seriously. If you know their names drop the hell out of those names in the survey. The manager/ district manager DOES pay attention to them. I'm a previous employee of GS and know that those surveys do get read.

If someones a dick, do the survey, give it all 1's, when it gets to the
Posted by Evilsbane

*serious face* @ Pre-order DLC...

Posted by TheKing
@Atramentous said:

"
I'm with this guy.
Posted by buft

they sell 1200 point cards in game in the uk with the BLOPS picture on it, handy if you just need a small amount of points.

Posted by swamplord666

stupid people buy games too. i'm sure they'll buy into it

Posted by Kiro

GAMESTOP RAGE arrrhg!

• 62 results