111 Comments
  • 111 results
Posted by tourgen

Soooo xbox or PS3 version?  I'm locked up over which to get.

Posted by lacke

Not really an Xbox character but Ryu Hayabusa would fit imo. Albeit not as interesting as Kratos he has ninpos that would justify projectiles, closers and fatality.

Kratos seems like a perfect fit. It's a shame we didn't get to see any QTE.
Edited by ptys

Did I hear Brad say he's getting married Thursday!? Why aren't Ryan and Jeff going?..

Posted by 234r2we232

This looks incredibly dumb :/ and it's the way Jeff keeps repeating how easy this game is - so you're just button mashing while watching CG gore? Are you 13? Then this game is clearly for you.

Posted by Parkingtigers

So, this video and the review made me rush out to buy the game before the shops closed.   Which is odd for two reasons:

1/  I never buy games new, I have a huge backlog and I can wait until they are going cheap.
2/  I've never liked Mortal Kombat.

So ... yeah.  I guess I just want to be a part of a new thing along with everyone else for a change.  Game looks good.  You guys made it look good.  I spent money.  Guess I should go play it then.
Posted by LordKisame

Woaw.. This is awesome.. And I totally like the gameplay..

Posted by Dan_CiTi

Kratos definitely isn't overpowered from what I've been hearing, too bad he's banned because he's one of the most interesting characters in the game. 

Posted by Scribbly

Damn I gotta have this game.

Posted by crusader8463

Where is part 1?

Posted by Cypher
Edited by fox01313

Wouldn't mind seeing Mokap as an additional DLC character, there's times on the challenge ladder when you play as stuntmen/directors without any special moves but I think Mokap would be perfect. Plus imagine that his fatality would be something breaking the 4th wall.

Posted by MichaelBach

This convinced me, kombatting mortally right now!

Edited by Anwar

Not Medusa's head Ryan, it's Helion's. But whatever being recorded live and everything

Posted by core1065
@Underachiever007: good point.
Edited by MeatSim

Who's baby is that!?

Posted by CastroCasper
@core1065 said:
" This is great... But how is it any different then a quicklook? "
These are showing off the different versions of the games, plus it was a giant live stream. Usually a Quick look is just a the game on one console, and they talk a little about the other versions. Here they are showing the differences in PS3 and 360, like Kratos. Or if a PC game looks/runs fine on a console. That kind of thing.
Posted by sublime90

im loving shrink wrap tuesday

Posted by ShadowKing7
@selbie said:
"Fuck....I can't get over how good that announcer is.Every time he says FIGHT I feel like I want to beat up something IRL or bust some ghosts. "

Fun fact:  the announcer is Kevin Michael Richardson, who also voiced Goro in the first Mortal Kombat movie.

Also, someone needs to find out how Jeff pulled out cheese when they were spectating in King of the Hill.

Posted by sixghost
@TwoOneFive said:
" Considering Stryker, Sonya, and Jax... Who else thinks Solid Snake would have made a great addition?!?

also, um... Ninja Raiden fits in quite well too. Maybe he could be a future DLC for the 360 version!
"
Yeah, those storied XBox characters, Snake and Raiden, would be great 360 dlc.
Posted by ThePickle

Why were they so rushed?

Posted by dcgc

And Brad failed the Fatality. :D

Posted by Origina1Penguin
@ptys said:
" Did I hear Brad say he's getting married Thursday!? Why aren't Ryan and Jeff going?.. "
No, he said he would be at a wedding. Hence the open bar remark.
Posted by natetodamax

Man, I want this game now.

Posted by drumpsycho89

I WANT THIS GAME!!!!!!

Posted by MooseyMcMan

I am still at a loss as to how you get the Toasty guy to appear. And I got it to happen once during the demo for this game. 

Posted by 49th

Mortal Kombat is so entertaining to watch!

Posted by dbz1995
@sofacitysweetheart said:
" This looks incredibly dumb :/ and it's the way Jeff keeps repeating how easy this game is - so you're just button mashing while watching CG gore? Are you 13? Then this game is clearly for you. "
Actually this game has its fair share of depth. It really isn't easy, it's just accessible. Button mashing, not just in this game but in every fighting game, will pretty much get you nowhere if the guy you're playing with knows what he's doing.
Posted by TheHT

Anya or Cole Train could be good as a 360 character, but it don't matter none now.

Posted by Solh0und

I'll wait til Amazon has a deal on it before I jump to buy this.

Posted by NegativeCero

So for those who have the game, how well does it pair players online? Kind of want the game but don't want to be destroyed every match.

Posted by ThePhenomenal1

kratos got a 9/1 matchup against kratos

Posted by Baal_Sagoth

I cannot get enough of seeing MK gameplay. I'm already excited for TNT - sooo good to see the MK franchise have such an appealing comeback.

Posted by IkariNoTekken
@MooseyMcMan: Just keep finishing combos with uppercuts. Doesn't appear very often though.
Posted by The1stMJC

Now I want to pick this game up and I am not a huge MK fan, but it looks so good. 

Edited by ptys

Shrink Wrap Tuesday, awesome, when do we get Endurance Run Sunday?! LOL.

Posted by MisterMouse

good stuff!

Posted by DrMadHatten

Did you know I've watched this three times today? It's getting sick

Posted by ch3burashka

They should have included a KI character, if only to get a "C--c-c-combo breaker" in there.

Posted by Entmoot

Not a Bad

Posted by Woodroez

I love how Jeff danced around character spoilers the whole show and then Brad just takes a few seconds to look at the spoiler and be like DAMN LOOK AT THAT!

Posted by popmasterruler

What is the most controversial Fatality/X-ray that you've seen in this game if any?

Posted by BlazeHedgehog

They need to pick from the Killer Instinct roster for their Mortal Kombat 9 Xbox 360 character. I know some guys like Jeff will probably disagree with me, but Mortal Kombat vs. Killer Instinct was something I know I wanted to see when I was a kid because I always felt they were cut from similar cloths - especially with MK3's dial-a-combos. Get some Fulgore, Spinal, Riptor or Sabrewulf.

Posted by JoeRosa

Who is this Ninja Mime, i want to play as him!

Posted by Portis

"I...I got the cheese to come out *looks at camera* a couple more times here."

I laughed really hard at that. Just the way Jeff said it made it gold.
Posted by JayHayabusa

To Vinny, Anna, Drew, Joey, 

I noticed lately that all the videos across Whiskey Media have a very low sound mix (The volume is way too low). Is this by choice? Can it be fixed?        

Posted by AngelicRampage

i think a good Xbox exclusive character would be a Fable hero. Either good or bad (maybe 2 costume choices) and the attacks he would have involve fire, lightning, and force push (though there could be more specific spells that could be taken from either of the 3 games themselves). also he could use a sword, and a gun.  he could also possibly have wind attacks (such as vortex in fable 2). i dont think this idea would be that far off, since the fable games are rated Mature and when the hero is evil, with the right clothing he could fit in the MK universe. As a fatality he could possibly use the spell "Berserk," after transformation he walks up to the opponent picks them up (holding the legs in 1 hand, and in the other hand he's holding the torso) and rips the opponent in half and slams the halves on the floor. there are plenty of other spells to monkey around with but i think this would be the best route to go for a Xbox exclusive character. in the games he even has a teleportation like ability called "Assassin Rush," since a lot of the MK characters have a teleport move, if  he were to have one it would make sense.

Posted by TruthTellah

It's so beautiful that we watched so much Mortal Kombat while the site was down.  This game will always represent the Amazon outage for me.

Never forget.

Posted by TheCheese33

I love this game SO MUCH.

Edited by TwoOneFive
@dbz1995 said:

" @sofacitysweetheart said:

" This looks incredibly dumb :/ and it's the way Jeff keeps repeating how easy this game is - so you're just button mashing while watching CG gore? Are you 13? Then this game is clearly for you. "
Actually this game has its fair share of depth. It really isn't easy, it's just accessible. Button mashing, not just in this game but in every fighting game, will pretty much get you nowhere if the guy you're playing with knows what he's doing. "
IM STHMARTER THAN EVERYONE YOU STHUCK!
Posted by 234r2we232
@TwoOneFive said:
" @dbz1995 said:

" @sofacitysweetheart said:

Actually this game has its fair share of depth. It really isn't easy, it's just accessible. Button mashing, not just in this game but in every fighting game, will pretty much get you nowhere if the guy you're playing with knows what he's doing. "
IM STHMARTER THAN EVERYONE YOU STHUCK! "
Contribution noted.
  • 111 results