231 Comments
Edited by schmid

@max_hydrogen: Du taler meget mærkeligt dansk. Her er noget rigtigt dansk: Tors hammer, økse, svinesylte, ølbajer, fedtegreve, etc.

Posted by MysteriousBob
@avantegardener said:
@Nettacki said:

" @Godlyawesomeguy said:

" @Comando156 said:

"I @deltaalphabravo said:

" Movie Games = No Buy "
1+ on this... It never works out. "
Eh, I have fond memories of tearing guys to shreds in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. "
I have fond memories throwing dudes like rag dolls over buildings in Minority Report, as well as swinging across New York City in Spider Man 2, but...that's it. "
A conversation I only had recently, add to that list:

The 1995 Bladerunner Game

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
And The Warriors.
Posted by Danial79

6min in and I've seen more than enough. This game is terrible.

Posted by LackLuster

ODINFORCE ENERGY DRINK OUT NOW

Posted by Max_Hydrogen
@slaneesh:

Du siger, at du troller ikke, men din kommentar foreslår ellers. Taler jeg i folk som er nerder ikke? Hvis vi betragte, at jeg taler i dig, så jeg tænker, at vi har vores svar. Din kommentar så meningløs ud. Derefter du blev forstyrret.

Men bekymr ikke. Det var kun vittigheden.
Posted by Max_Hydrogen
@slaneesh:

Ok slaneesh, thanks for the comment, although I'm not exactly sure what it is your trying to say. Also, when you wrote: "Now you where talking about human sacrifice!", you probably meant: "Now you are talking about human sacrifice!" And while we're at it, the past tense of the verb "to be" is "were" /wɚ/ not "where" /wɛɺ/ which is a question word concerning location.

Indeed, I mentioned human sacrifice which was integral to Aztec civilization. It was less common among the Norse though.

Just out of curiosity: what is the important stuff I should be focusing on?

Thanks again slaneesh.
Posted by Volgin13

Vid is broken. 

Edited by avantegardener
@Nettacki said:

" @Godlyawesomeguy said:

" @Comando156 said:

" Movie Games = No Buy "
Eh, I have fond memories of tearing guys to shreds in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. "
I have fond memories throwing dudes like rag dolls over buildings in Minority Report, as well as swinging across New York City in Spider Man 2, but...that's it. "
A conversation I only had recently, add to that list:

The 1995 Bladerunner Game

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Posted by chicomendes2

looks agony to play

Posted by Nettacki
@Godlyawesomeguy said:
" @Comando156 said:
" Movie Games = No Buy "
I have fond memories throwing dudes like rag dolls over buildings in Minority Report, as well as swinging across New York City in Spider Man 2, but...that's it.
Posted by Slaneesh
@Max_Hydrogen said:
" Rayden is the Rayden of White people: Thor is the Rayden of Blond people.

It seems like they're making a God of War for every mythology; I hope the Aztec one will have lots of human sacrifice. Salt on watermelon?! Man, Cackalacky is FUCKED!! "
Damn dude your all over the place. Focus on the important stuff, now you where talking about human sacrifice!
Posted by Majkiboy
@Ares42 said:
" Wow... as a Norwegian who has never seen any of Thor the comic book, I have to say this is quite the abomination of it's source material =o "
pretty much what I thought :)
Posted by BlazingWookie

Movie good, game bad.

Posted by JJOR64

Another shitty movie game from SEGA.

Posted by Max_Hydrogen
Rayden is the Rayden of White people: Thor is the Rayden of Blond people.

It seems like they're making a God of War for every mythology; I hope the Aztec one will have lots of human sacrifice.

Salt on watermelon?! Man, Cackalacky is FUCKED!!
Posted by big_jon

Poop

Posted by Landon
@panda21 said:
" i guess you could call this game... god of thor, am i right??? "
I know your trying to do a play on words joke, but God of Thunder would make more sense as a title.
Posted by Scarabus

I'm Scandinavian and I think Thor might be the dumbest thing to ever come from comics. The way they put umlauts on everything annoys the living hell out of me, because they actually have meaning to me and ruins every other word or name.

Posted by Robin_Gr

Golden Axe was also my first thought when the camera pulled out for the lighting strikes.

Posted by MistaSparkle

At least we can be optimistic and think about how this is way better than Iron Man, and maybe there will be another game from them that we can say, "this is way better than Thor."

Posted by Classtoise

So it's basically God of War?
Eh. Might be worth a rental off Gamefly, but definitely not a "buy".

Also, to answer your question: Yes. He is literally the God of Thunder.

Posted by Godlyawesomeguy
@Comando156 said:
" Movie Games = No Buy "

Eh, I have fond memories of tearing guys to shreds in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
Posted by AddyMac

Any games containing platforming that aren't platformers ought to use a Heroic Recovery. (especially God of War)

Posted by denj3325

God of Thunder = God of War?

Posted by Comando156

I @deltaalphabravo said:

" Movie Games = No Buy "
1+ on this... It never works out.
Posted by panda21

i guess you could call this game... god of thor, am i right???

Posted by fembotbeck

Hmm, I get the impression that the best thing about this game is the Quick Look commentary.

Posted by baron_calamity

This is the best Sega Marvel Super Hero movie licensed game ever! I know, that is not saying much.

Posted by Darkstar_KoP

Just came from a midnight showing and I have to say I was diggin it. Saw it on a REAL IMAX screen and in 3d, all n all I would give it 3 1/2 PUPPAHS. =( poor half pug
Posted by Nicholas

@Brad Bruce Banner/Hulk is Mark Ruffalo in The Avengers

Posted by CrashTanuki

Jeff and Brad don't need to know everything about Thor to be able to discern whether this is a good action game or not.

Posted by Shaymarx
For what ever reason the marvel motion title is now silent across mediums.
Posted by milkman4591

Thor. You know, Raiden for white people

Posted by theberserker

garbage

Posted by Qwert
@reptilia_kun said:
" brad: knowledge lvl of thor?jeff: he's got a hammerbrad: intrest lvl?jeff: he's got a hammerbrilliant "
+ 1
Posted by reptilia_kun

brad: knowledge lvl of thor?
jeff: he's got a hammer
brad: intrest lvl?
jeff: he's got a hammer
brilliant

Posted by TruthTellah
@slaneesh said:
" @Pepsiman said:

" @TruthTellah said:

" @pepsimaxofborg said:

" @DarkbeatDK said:

" As a Scandinavian, I'm a little offended at how lightly you make jest of the Odinforce.It's a very real force that we use to power our longboats to commute to work in IKEA (Or ÅKØÆ as we call it in my country) "
I too am outraged. As a fellow Scandinavian I've come to depend on Odinforce every day while doing dishes, putting the kids to sleep and last but not least, power my hedge trimmer.
"
This is unacceptable.  I, too, rely on the great Odinforce.  It powers our trains, planes, and automobiles.  I ask you, fine duders, have you heard the good news about Odinforce? "
Odinforce? 'round here we calls it thetans. My, oh my is it magical! Truly, how can our unfortunately non-Scandinavian friends be living without it!? "
This deserves its own thread on the forum. I laughed so hard. Odinforce flows though the veins of all scandinavians. Its called beer in your  tongue "
The Odinforce must flow!
Posted by demontium
@HerbieBug said:
" @demontium said:

" SUPER HERO "

there you go, gootecks.  :) "
Awesome. I love that show.
Posted by KnifeySpoony

What's Jeff got against watermelons? :/

What sort of fruit do you like Jeff?
Posted by Titl

I think the word Odinforce is quite excellent

Posted by pwnmachine

...Raiden for white people...

Posted by Rasmoss

I love how Jeff and Brad are trying to hang on to the notion that this isn't a piece of trash.

Posted by Majkiboy

Just as bad as the movie

Posted by ProfessorK

I don't like how when you hit an enemy the camera shakes. Probably not an issue when playing but, omg it's making me nauseous watching this QL. That aside this looks like Force Unleashed+Too Human+Raiden for white people= Thor God of Thunder

Posted by asian_pride

VALKNUTS, DUDE. VALKNUTS

Edited by CrimsonAvenger

Tell me you're not playing that on the Xbox 360 because those graphics are terrible.

Posted by TheCrushader

I hate how Marvel visions this Norse God, also: I feel in-directly offended since I'm Norwegian. Tor in Norse Mythology was red-headed and a pure badass warrior, not this blinged up Aryan chap.

Posted by beef_melody

Even for a licensed game this looks generic and tedious.

Posted by MuttersomeTaxicab

Yo, Bob Odinforce is a helluva comedian.
Posted by PenguinDust

Obviously, Jeff and Brad never talk about movies with Alex or Matt since neither seem to know what's coming out this summer. 

The enemies in this game seem very confused.  They seems to suddenly drop in a fight then a few seconds later pop right back up.  It's like there are frames of animation missing from their movements. 

Still, it looks a lot better than some other movie tie-in games, so the kids will like it.