231 Comments
Posted by SBYM

I don't know if I should keep watching this. After hearing "He's Raiden for white people." I'm fairly certain nothing's going to be better than that.

Posted by ashton

Edited by PoisonJam7

Yes, let's get the guy who hates comics and heroes in general to do the quick look. Nice decision.

I'm not sure if this was meant to be a "funny" quick look, but I definitely feel that this game wasn't given a fair chance. I know that movie tie in games have a poor reputation, but honestly I don't feel like they even cared to give this game a chance. That being said, I don't never had high expectations for this, or any movie tie in game for that matter.

Just go back to playing MK Jeff and next time, let Ryan do the comic book games since he actually gives a shit.

Posted by fisk0
@Hellequin said:
" Wow. No Shadows. In this day and age? "
yeah, that was really odd. Made it look like a PS2 title (which it probably also is, these games tend to get released on every imaginable platform). It was also emphasized when that boss had a shadow, but Thor did not.
Posted by DBoy
@PoisonJam7 said:
" Yes, let's get the guy who hates comics and heroes in general to do the quick look. Nice decision.I'm not sure if this was meant to be a "funny" quick look, but I definitely feel that this game wasn't given a fair chance. I know that movie tie in games have a poor reputation, but honestly I don't feel like they even cared to give this game a chance. "
Agreed 100%. Why not Ryan and Rorie for this one?
Posted by danimal_furry

The hammer flies, Thor is awesome, and I'm pretty sure Jeff said he doesn't like people who like comic book movies. 
Posted by SBYM
@DBoy said:
" @PoisonJam7 said:
" Yes, let's get the guy who hates comics and heroes in general to do the quick look. Nice decision.I'm not sure if this was meant to be a "funny" quick look, but I definitely feel that this game wasn't given a fair chance. I know that movie tie in games have a poor reputation, but honestly I don't feel like they even cared to give this game a chance. "
Agreed 100%. Why not Ryan and Rorie for this one? "
I'm pretty sure Ryan would be just as, if not more dismissive towards this game.
Posted by DBoy
@SBYM said:
" @DBoy said:
" @PoisonJam7 said:
I'm pretty sure Ryan would be just as, if not more dismissive towards this game. "
Agreed again, but Ryan knows about the lore and the movie.
Posted by Cazamalos

if watching them play a game that you already played is hard sometimes, imagine how hard must be to watch some of the quick looks if you made the game

Posted by DarkbeatDK

As a Scandinavian, I'm a little offended at how lightly you make jest of the Odinforce.
It's a very real force that we use to power our longboats to commute to work in IKEA (Or ÅKØÆ as we call it in my country)

Posted by Oy

LOL'd hard at Heroic Recovery!

Posted by Brendan

Why does half of the Asgardian dialogue sound like a drug deal going down?

Posted by demontium

SUPER HERO

Posted by Godlyawesomeguy
@DBoy said:
" @SBYM said:
" @DBoy said:
" @PoisonJam7 said:
I'm pretty sure Ryan would be just as, if not more dismissive towards this game. "
Agreed again, but Ryan knows about the lore and the movie. "

Maybe everyone else was busy? Give them the benefit of the doubt. Even so, Is it really that big of a deal that they weren't able to get people more interested? If you don't like their negative banter, then mute them and you'll see the gameplay. If you still don't like what you see out of the gameplay, look up some videos. If that still is not good for you at that point, then just rent it and see it for yourself.
Edited by HerbieBug
@demontium said:

" SUPER HERO "

there you go, gootecks.  :)
Posted by HerbieBug

the skill tree is very pretty. 

Posted by Jaqen_HGhar
@Brad: Your questions on that was valid. Not read the comics, so not sure how they handle it there, but in the movie the Asgardians are more or less aliens. So you where right actually, it's more like the Superman thing than being actual Gods.
Posted by abara

the levels of jank in this make it look like The Thorce Unleashed. OH I WENT THERE

Posted by Jack_Lafayette

Hey, guys. Meet me at the rainbow bridge tonight at half past one. It's gonna get craaaaazyyyy.

Posted by Jackel2072

Why Thor? he never really seemed all that popular. its on the same level as aquaman if you ask me. 

Posted by Lazyaza
@Jackel2072 said:
" Why Thor? he never really seemed all that popular. its on the same level as aquaman if you ask me.  "
Basically so when he shows up in the Avengers film people won't be confused as to why a hammer wielding thunder god is hanging out with a big green radiation man, a robo suit wearing alcoholic and a test tube roid junky who likes throwing big metal discs at people.
Posted by chem

Putting salt on watermelons? I don't know who you are anymore Brad.

Posted by geirr
@DarkbeatDK said:
" As a Scandinavian, I'm a little offended at how lightly you make jest of the Odinforce.It's a very real force that we use to power our longboats to commute to work in IKEA (Or ÅKØÆ as we call it in my country) "
I too am outraged. As a fellow Scandinavian I've come to depend on Odinforce every day while
doing dishes, putting the kids to sleep and last but not least, power my hedge trimmer.
Posted by radioactivez0r

This certainly doesn't look terrible, it just looks unsurprisingly and unapologetically average at every turn.  I'd still play it, though - those damn "x/5" counters would grab me over and over again.  Yay for cheap game rentals.

Edited by TruthTellah
@pepsimaxofborg said:

" @DarkbeatDK said:

" As a Scandinavian, I'm a little offended at how lightly you make jest of the Odinforce.It's a very real force that we use to power our longboats to commute to work in IKEA (Or ÅKØÆ as we call it in my country) "
I too am outraged. As a fellow Scandinavian I've come to depend on Odinforce every day while doing dishes, putting the kids to sleep and last but not least, power my hedge trimmer.
"
This is unacceptable.  I, too, rely on the great Odinforce.  It powers our trains, planes, and automobiles. 

I ask you, fine duders, have you heard the good news about Odinforce?
Posted by Pepsiman
@TruthTellah said:
" @pepsimaxofborg said:

" @DarkbeatDK said:

I too am outraged. As a fellow Scandinavian I've come to depend on Odinforce every day while doing dishes, putting the kids to sleep and last but not least, power my hedge trimmer.
"
This is unacceptable.  I, too, rely on the great Odinforce.  It powers our trains, planes, and automobiles.  I ask you, fine duders, have you heard the good news about Odinforce? "
Odinforce? 'round here we calls it thetans. My, oh my is it magical! Truly, how can our unfortunately non-Scandinavian friends be living without it!?
Posted by Slaneesh
@Pepsiman said:

" @TruthTellah said:

" @pepsimaxofborg said:

" @DarkbeatDK said:

"
This is unacceptable.  I, too, rely on the great Odinforce.  It powers our trains, planes, and automobiles.  I ask you, fine duders, have you heard the good news about Odinforce? "
Odinforce? 'round here we calls it thetans. My, oh my is it magical! Truly, how can our unfortunately non-Scandinavian friends be living without it!? "
This deserves its own thread on the forum. I laughed so hard. Odinforce flows though the veins of all scandinavians. Its called beer in your  tongue
Edited by Daneian

THOR'S ABILITY TO FLY
Several years ago, Stan Lee was talking about creating Thor.  He thought the idea that Superman could somehow break the laws of physics to fly was ridiculous.  His solution for Thor was to put a leather strap on the hammer's handle so that WHEN THOR THROWS THE HAMMER HE FLIES THROUGH THE AIR! It's not the hammer, its Thors ability to throw it.  I hate you Stan Lee, you tard.

Posted by MysteriousBob
@HerbieBug said:
" @demontium said:

" SUPER HERO "

there you go, gootecks.  :) "
Belongs on everybodies team.
Edited by Wonloong

I"m Thor Thupa Fly Guy. Meet me at tha Rainbow Bridge, yo.

Posted by CitizenJP

"He's Raiden for white people."
Lol. Well put, Jeff.

Posted by PenguinDust

Obviously, Jeff and Brad never talk about movies with Alex or Matt since neither seem to know what's coming out this summer. 

The enemies in this game seem very confused.  They seems to suddenly drop in a fight then a few seconds later pop right back up.  It's like there are frames of animation missing from their movements. 

Still, it looks a lot better than some other movie tie-in games, so the kids will like it.
Posted by MuttersomeTaxicab

Yo, Bob Odinforce is a helluva comedian.
Posted by beef_melody

Even for a licensed game this looks generic and tedious.

Posted by TheCrushader

I hate how Marvel visions this Norse God, also: I feel in-directly offended since I'm Norwegian. Tor in Norse Mythology was red-headed and a pure badass warrior, not this blinged up Aryan chap.

Edited by CrimsonAvenger

Tell me you're not playing that on the Xbox 360 because those graphics are terrible.

Posted by asian_pride

VALKNUTS, DUDE. VALKNUTS

Posted by ProfessorK

I don't like how when you hit an enemy the camera shakes. Probably not an issue when playing but, omg it's making me nauseous watching this QL. That aside this looks like Force Unleashed+Too Human+Raiden for white people= Thor God of Thunder

Posted by Majkiboy

Just as bad as the movie

Posted by Rasmoss

I love how Jeff and Brad are trying to hang on to the notion that this isn't a piece of trash.

Posted by pwnmachine

...Raiden for white people...

Posted by Titl

I think the word Odinforce is quite excellent

Posted by KnifeySpoony

What's Jeff got against watermelons? :/

What sort of fruit do you like Jeff?
Posted by demontium
@HerbieBug said:
" @demontium said:

" SUPER HERO "

there you go, gootecks.  :) "
Awesome. I love that show.
Posted by TruthTellah
@slaneesh said:
" @Pepsiman said:

" @TruthTellah said:

" @pepsimaxofborg said:

" @DarkbeatDK said:

"
Odinforce? 'round here we calls it thetans. My, oh my is it magical! Truly, how can our unfortunately non-Scandinavian friends be living without it!? "
This deserves its own thread on the forum. I laughed so hard. Odinforce flows though the veins of all scandinavians. Its called beer in your  tongue "
The Odinforce must flow!
Posted by reptilia_kun

brad: knowledge lvl of thor?
jeff: he's got a hammer
brad: intrest lvl?
jeff: he's got a hammer
brilliant

Posted by Qwert
@reptilia_kun said:
" brad: knowledge lvl of thor?jeff: he's got a hammerbrad: intrest lvl?jeff: he's got a hammerbrilliant "
+ 1
Posted by theberserker

garbage

Posted by milkman4591

Thor. You know, Raiden for white people

Posted by Shaymarx
For what ever reason the marvel motion title is now silent across mediums.