418 Comments
  • 418 results
Posted by JokerFrown
@Bakumatsu said:
" Well this gets me more time to play Skyrim I guess.. "
This.  Oh God this.
Posted by Evilsbane
@fabiosooner said:
" It's actually good to get bigger games in the first quarter, when we get way less releases overall. Actually, it'd be good for Skyrim to be pushed back to that time also. Leave the holidays for the multiplayer-focused /shorter single-player campaign blockbusters such as Uncharted 3, CoD, Halo and the like. "
You Stfu sir, I can take ME3 being delayed because 2 honestly wasn't that long ago, Oblivion came out in 06,    06 !! I need some my Elder Scrolls fix man...
Posted by Cybexx

I wasn't surprised to see them attempting to turn around a new game in 18-20 months but giving them a full 24 months will pay dividends. 

I guess this means no epic Mass Effect 3 vs Uncharted 3 vs Arkham City fight for GB Game of the Year though. 

This fall is looking more crazy packed than usual so I am happy there is a bit more breathing room for the major releases. I am curious what else will slip into early 2012.
Posted by Jazz2

I hope they didn't push ME3 out of the holidays out because of the harsh competition. At this point, other games should be afraid of Mass Effect i think :)

Posted by colinjw

Well that kind of sucks. It better be worth the wait. As my impotent rage knows no bounds. 

Posted by FritzDude

No surprise here.

Posted by Evilsbane
@Coldbrand said:
" And it'll of course still be on the same engine since it's being made by EA. "
Considering the Bump we got from 1 to 2 it won't be quite that much but Why would they go to a new engine at this point?
Posted by Musou

This makes me sad, but hey whatever needs to be done to make the game awesome!

Posted by Redbullet685
@DrPockets000 said:

"   

"
This says it all.
Posted by chilipeppersman

wut ever you guys need to do to get it done. ill be waiting

Posted by briangodsoe

Saw this coming a mile away.

Posted by Chalian

GOTY = Skyrim
Posted by steelknight2000

New laser weapons confirmed, exclusive!

Posted by metalsnakezero

Good, because I wan them to have more time to finish this game so that it'll be great.

Posted by rjayb89

Oh right, this makes my ICI bet even sweeter. Mmm, delicious.

Posted by Rudeboy217

damn it

Posted by zudthespud

ME2 got delayed until early 2010 and that worked out great, this is prolly a good thing.

Posted by ch3burashka

Expect even more delays, which is frankly a good thing, considering how bloated Q4 usually is, and this year is no exception.

Posted by NoCookiesForYou

Good decision, take your time. Make the final chapter of the trilogy one to remember.

Posted by PenguinDust

I'm not surprised at all.  This happens every year so I don't count on release dates more that two months away.  I can wait, there will be plenty to play this holiday.

Besides, we don't want a rush job like Dragon Age II, now do we?
Posted by Fjordson

That's fine. Give 'em more time to get rid of ME 2's corridors-with-boxes mentality.

Posted by mnzy

Well, we don't want another Dragon Age 2, do we?
It better be good. You hear me Bioware? IT BETTER BE GOOD!

Posted by Tebbit

2011 seemed wildly optimistic. Early 2012 almost more so.

Posted by pewpewlazer

If you honestly thought they'd be able to turn it out this fast you are a child who still believes in Santa Claus. 

Posted by drumpsycho89

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU !!! it was only a matter of time!!!!

Posted by WickedCobra03

Knew it.  Please release in like the 2nd week of January though!

Posted by CrimsonClown

Thank god. ME3 and Skyrim together would have been too much. 

Posted by MattBodega

It's pretty awesome that the most popular response to this news seems to be, "Good. Let BioWare take their time."

Posted by HatKing

Okay.  This will give me a few months to play through Skyrim.  I'm okay with this. : )
Posted by darksan00

I can either wait, or buy ME1/2 on pc and replay them. Then, preorder BOTH 360 and ps3 versions. Yes, I like ME. A lot.

Posted by ArbitraryWater

I'm cool with giving Bioware more time to make their game good. I mean, it'd be a little too questionable if Mass Effect was GOTY two years in a row.

Posted by TEHMAXXORZ
@Styl3s said:
" early 2012? long as it comes out before the world explodes in 2012 im fine by that. "
Yeah, I heard the Reapers were supposed to be coming in like two days, so not even to 2012... or was that the dlc?
Edited by altairre
@MattBodega said:

" It's pretty awesome that the most popular response to this news seems to be, "Good. Let BioWare take their time." "

Well, with Mass Effect 2 being as awsome as it was/is (at least in my opinion) the last thing that players that love the series want is a rushed and unsatisfying end of the trilogy. So it is a shame that we have to wait longer but if that equals a great and epic conclusion of the story then they can take all the time they want. Just make it good!
Posted by fentonalpha

It's good because there's too much going on with Skyrim and other stuff.  It's bad because i was going to buy it in the Christmas Steam sale.

Posted by blacklab

Damn. 

Posted by Napalm

Godfuckingdammnit.

Posted by Vaile

I feel like my last comment may have been a bit unclear:

I'm not okay with this delay.

I'm ecstatic about it.

Posted by ashton

Posted by MightyDuck

Between Skyrim, Twisted Metal, Uncharted 3, Batman: Arkham City...I'm completely fine with it coming out later.

Posted by siddarth0605

Thank god. this will make it easier to win GOTY cuz if it was released this year and lost, which I could see happening with competition like skyrim, portal 2, batman, and uncharted 3, then I would have lost my shit. Please bioware take all the time you need (not too long), just please make the game as good if not better than ME2

Posted by Nidzumi

Not too surprising. Although I'd like to play ME3 ASAP, I'm happy to wait for a game that can eclipse the last one. 

Posted by Xsheps

This is my most anticipated game on the Citadel.

Posted by Ratfoot

Not big surprise, no way they could have gotten it done that quick.

Posted by MeatSim

This is a good thing there was just not going to enough time to play Skyrim and Mass Effect 3 in the same month.

Posted by papercut

Im super happy this got delayed. I started to think that ME3 was going to be going the path of Dragon Age 2 for some reason. Also ME3, Uncharted 3 , AND Arkham City? GOTY would be fuuuuuuuuuuucked.

Posted by SSully

This is outstanding news. There are so many games coming out this year, especially near the end of the year. That just cleared up a big space for me for another game. 

Posted by selfconfessedcynic

Take the time. Make it awesome.

I'm happy about the delay - comparisons to Dragon Age are apt here... And this will give me some time to finish that Insane playthrough I've been trying for the last year to do.
Posted by DG991

I just hope they make it as good as the 2nd. Don't fuck this up. I liked the first, loved the 2nd... so I am excited to see what emotion I have for the third!

Posted by Enigma777

Called it! Skyrim is next. 

Posted by Vorbis

Great news, don't rush it out the door or it will be another Dragonage2.

• 418 results