169 Comments
  • 169 results
Posted by ReyGitano
@Punk1984: Yes the days of couch Co-Op were good and plentiful, but they are gone now for the most part. Maybe next semester when I move in to my new place I'll be able to revive those days.
Posted by Punk1984
@SlashseveN303: Man you kids don't even know I used to only have co-op at the arcade...(grabs walker and saunters off to yell at ungrateful brats)

Posted by Artisan88
@Skytylz:  Had the same thought. It will be interesting nonetheless to see what they say about it at E3... whether they don't mention it at all (awwkkkwaaard), apologize profusely, chest bump about their improved security and free ps+ offering, or throw some humor at it... or some combination of those. At any rate I'll have my popcorn ready!
Posted by ReyGitano
@Punk1984: Yeah, you're right, by the time I was growing up arcade's were a myth that older kids talked about, and the only proof we had of their glory days were people on our street with Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter II cabinets in their garage... which now that I think about it is pretty amazing, but back then it was just, "oh, you have an arcade cabinet, that must have run your parents like, what, 20 dollars at a garage sale?"
Posted by AjayRaz

i don't mind waiting. i have some games that i haven't finished, and i've been having some good times on xbox live. although when PSN is back up, i'll have to take a stab at some more Uncharted 2 MP

Edited by warmonked

didn't they say they were physically moving to a new datacenter? I would've been stunned if they had been able to acquire all the necessary servers, start them all up, migrate all the data and also have their new server software in place, in a week.

Posted by Jayross

aaaw shit...

Posted by Flesseck

So sorry to PS3 owners... :(

Posted by shodan2020

The downtime sucks, but Live was down for about a month too a time ago. Why do you think I love Steam as much as I do now? :)

Posted by shodan2020
@SlashseveN303 said:
" @Punk1984: Yeah, you're right, by the time I was growing up arcade's were a myth that older kids talked about, and the only proof we had of their glory days were people on our street with Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter II cabinets in their garage... which now that I think about it is pretty amazing, but back then it was just, "oh, you have an arcade cabinet, that must have run your parents like, what, 20 dollars at a garage sale?" "
What....garage....sale?!?!?! :D
Posted by KaosAngel

...so any takers on what Zipper's next game is gonna be?

Posted by SethPhotopoulos

Get me some sales.

Posted by TheJoker138
@shodan2020: Live was actually only down for about a week, and it was only some users who had problems.  For all users it was only down for, I believe, 3 days or so.
Posted by Xanth93
@Xpgamer7 said:
" I understand they needed time. But by now it's getting ridiculous. "
The fact that they had no patches or firewalls makes it impossible for me to be okay with them taking so much time to fix their mistake. They should have kept it up to date in order to stop this from happening in the first place.
Posted by MajesticOverlord

This sure is taking its time. If I don't get to play Demon's Souls by the time they close their servers I will go Postal. 

Edited by Cusseta
@FoxMulder:

Have fun never playing Gears of War, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Left4Dead, Crackdown, Dead Rising, Fable, etc... 

The whole, "I'm gonna stick with the PS3 because of its exclusives" argument is ridiculous.  As a previous owner of both systems (I had a PS3 up until just BEFORE the network crash), I will totally admit to the greatness of Uncharted 2, LBP, Heavy Rain, etc... but to use that as a reason NOT to buy a 360 is mind-boggling.  Either you don't have enough cash to own both (which is a good excuse) or you're just plain being a fanboy.  The PS3 exclusives DO NOT trump the 360 exclusives listed above.  Likewise, the 360 exclusives DO NOT trump the PS3 exclusives.  They're different.  Period.  Have fun never seeing the other side while those around you do. 
Posted by copycatzen

As long as it is up by the time I am on vacations, I will be happy
Posted by MrAristocrates
@Cusseta said:
" @FoxMulder:

Have fun never playing Gears of War, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Left4Dead, Crackdown, Dead Rising, Fable, etc... 

The whole, "I'm gonna stick with the PS3 because of its exclusives" argument is ridiculous.  As a previous owner of both systems (I had a PS3 up until just BEFORE the network crash), I will totally admit to the greatness of Uncharted 2, LBP, Heavy Rain, etc... but to use that as a reason NOT to buy a 360 is mind-boggling.  Either you don't have enough cash to own both (which is a good excuse) or you're just plain being a fanboy.  The PS3 exclusives DO NOT trump the 360 exclusives listed above.  Likewise, the 360 exclusives DO NOT trump the PS3 exclusives.  They're different.  Period.  Have fun never seeing the other side while those around you do.  "
OH THANK GOD SOMEONE WITH SENSE.

With all this console wars BS it feels like 2007 all over again.
Posted by TheWesman

On a side note:  I don't even know what a Qriocity is.