284 Comments
Posted by Oni

Wow this game is fucking awful to the extreme

Posted by Device

Ugh, motion sickness. Prepare the barf bags!

Posted by Krakn3Dfx

Pretty sure this game gives you the option for Classic Controller support, which would probably make it 10x more playable.

Posted by Venatio
@Metal_Mills said:
" If you don't plan on playing this game WATCH THE ENDING on youtube. It's so stupid it's hilarious.

Ending spoiler
"
Wow what an amazing ending :D
Posted by DeepSpaceJesus

While the game doesn't look like much fun, the aiming itself looks manageable. Still, would rather just play more Prime.

Posted by IronRinn

Listen to those who posted before me: If you don't care about the game watch the ending on YouTube. It is brilliant in its absurdity.

Posted by GetBentTheVideoGame
@craigbo180 said:
" @GetBentTheVideoGame said:
" YOU CON DU IT! "
Urrrrrgh. I died a little inside. "
Owned.
Posted by kollay
Posted by supercubedude
@Metal_Mills said:
" If you don't plan on playing this game WATCH THE ENDING on youtube. It's so stupid it's hilarious.

Ending spoiler
"
The Conduit 3: Darkest of Days
Posted by DefAde

I always feel a bit dumb watching a HD stream of a standard def game

Posted by Th3_Th0rn
@GetBentTheVideoGame said:
" YOU CON DU IT! "
Very nice.
Posted by Ramboknife

Wilhelm scream at 20:20, or am I going insane?

Posted by Roasted
Posted by JasonR86

I don't know why more developers just didn't copy Metroid Prime 3's control set up of 'basic, standard and advanced'.  'Advanced' worked so well with that game.

By the way, that is John St. John from Duke Nukem.

Another by the way, has anyone else noticed who whiny Patrick and Ryan have become on these quick looks?

Posted by Haziqonfire

LOL. 

That's the best ending for a quick-look ever.
Posted by President_Barackbar
@Ramboknife said:
"  Wilhelm scream at 20:20, or am I going insane? "
Added it to the page.
Posted by Sarumarine
@kollay: Kel loves Orange Soda! He also put the screw in the tuna!

But yeah, after Keenan and Kel, I can't picture anything else when seeing Orange Soda.
Posted by supercubedude
@Sarumarine said:
" @kollay: Kel loves Orange Soda! He also put the screw in the tuna!But yeah, after Keenan and Kel, I can't picture anything else when seeing Orange Soda. "
Aw, here it goes!
Posted by Cyrisaurus

I have a feeling Ryan hasn't even TRIED Killzone 3 with the Move. I use the Move exclusively online when I play Killzone 3 and I dominate. It's literally an advantage over DS3 users.

Posted by blacklab

Nice work Patrick.  Just watching someone play this game made me a bit motion sick. Don't know how Ryan didn't barf.

Edited by geirr

The lock-on system here reminds of the one they used in the Wii port of Metroid Prime which was  pretty much the perfect way to do motion control FPS. Conduit 2 didn't quite get there.

Anyway this game is actually fun, not because of the game itself but the sort of B movie ambiance
it creates. If you like bad movies voiced by Jon St. John no less this might just give you a few good moments.

Posted by RandomInternetUser

CONSPIRACY OBJECT!

Posted by Pop

I like watching other people play this game, so freaking funny!

Posted by Curufinwe
@Cyrisaurus: @blacklab said:
" Nice work Patrick.  Just watching someone play this game made me a bit motion sick. Don't know how Ryan didn't barf. "
There's a 99% chance that is true.
Posted by Tennmuerti

Holy depth of field batman!

Posted by itspizza
@Venatio: ryan davis needs to see this 
Edited by MordeaniisChaos
@JasonR86: 
Ryan has been whiny since the beginning, it's why I don't like him running Quicklooks. He does thigns like change the dead zone and then spends 10 minutes complaining about how bad it is when it's clearly much worse since he did that. He also hates immersion, so when a game tries for it, there's a good chance he will hate it without a second glance.

In his defense though the game is awful.

So frustrated with Ryan pulling his usual shit. CHANGE THE DEADZONE BACK D:

Oh thank god. That is slightly easier to watch v.v

This doesn't look good, but it looks like it would be an interesting experience.

Also, I love how they are amazed at not being able to lock on to guys they can't see....

And in defense of the melee thing, YOU guys try and hit someone with the butt of your gun and then aim immediately after
Posted by DougQuaid

I'm looking forward to The Conduit 3: Sorbo's Return.

Edited by bybeach

Those controls are driving me nuts, and I am just spectating.

Pat can recognize sarcasm on the net, he's definetly an advanced lifeform. Almost not joking.

Gawd I hate the controls.....

Posted by Sargus

Why did Ryan make the dead zone so massive? If you want it to feel good, you're supposed to make that bounding box TINY. No wonder it didn't feel right.

Posted by FunExplosions
@handlas said:
" @TurboMan said:
" @handlas said:
" liked the first one! "
uh-oh... fail on the first post quest? "
i dunno did i?  I'm Level 8 (without trying to do any quests)...obviously I don't care about these quests....but if I can deprive others, I shall do so.

Does it like negate it if "first" is in your comment?  That's funny.  I'll try to do that as much as possible now.
"
Make me proud.
Posted by Kjellm87

As far FPS I've seen this gen goes, this was one of the more interesting,
and yes, motion control FPS can work very well.

But it is lacking the final touches it seems.

Posted by Zaccheus
@Cyrisaurus said:
" I have a feeling Ryan hasn't even TRIED Killzone 3 with the Move. I use the Move exclusively online when I play Killzone 3 and I dominate. It's literally an advantage over DS3 users. "
This is true, some people just can't or wont learn to use it. It's a bit of a tradeoff on how fast and well you can turn and how accurate you can be. The second is definitely an advantage since head shots dominate and after some time you can turn very well too by just flicking your wrist and throwing grenades is way easier too. 

The controls in this game are probably ok too if you bother to try different options. Otherwise the game looks mediocre at best.
Posted by SpudBug

Is this the first quick look that's ended with a hard lock crash?

Posted by Nonentity

Ryan's reaction upon first being given control in the game was great, I lost it.

Posted by Mikewrestler5

The recent QL games have all been shit. I can't wait for L.A. Noire.

Posted by TehJedicake
@Mikewrestler5: Same!!
Posted by dagas

Always funny when a QL ends with a freeze.

Posted by BLipp18

any time i hear in this game "Mr. Ford" i think back to Frisky Dingo

Posted by TehJedicake

I'm a lizard and this looks fucked up.

Posted by wrathofconn

Can you really not use a fucking Classic Controller? That seems like a really awful decision.

Posted by bhhawks78

This game is so fucking ugly jesus.

Posted by Deusoma
@Cyrisaurus said:
" I have a feeling Ryan hasn't even TRIED Killzone 3 with the Move. I use the Move exclusively online when I play Killzone 3 and I dominate. It's literally an advantage over DS3 users. "
Whatever you say, Mister Butler.
Posted by SlightConfuse

Lincoln force gOOOOOO
Posted by Seroth

Despite all the cool effects in the game, like the depth of field and such... it's a really ugly-looking game. It just look...dirty. 

I think the key to making a good FPS game on the Wii is to have a good framerate. Metroid Prime 3 was great on the Wii.

Also, I'd like to see Ryan's reaction to this game's ending. :)
Posted by Ramone

@SpudBug: 

Not by a long way

That reload blur is really cool. Suprised no other games have done it

Posted by Death_Burnout

Y'know, The first game got an unfair shake and this one got an even bigger unfair shake. I think saying this is a "bad product" is completely unnecessary and a bit of a low blow, if you watch the ending Ryan you wont be saying that, cus damn...

Also If Patrick is willing to throw out some awesome Perfect Dark death wails, then, well there are no words.

Posted by Depth
@Cyrisaurus said:
Yep the move is really good actually, it just works unlike the wii remote.
Posted by Death_Burnout
@Jonny7892: BLACK for the ps2 and orignal Xbox did the reload blur originally i believe.
Posted by TimFReilly

Man that awesome is ending.