98 Comments
  • 98 results
Posted by freckleman88

looks amazing. makes me want to try out far cry 2 which i somehow missed.

Posted by Spam101

Game will suck, the guy couldn't even accept the huge shortcomings of their original game.

they'd have to promise they'd taken criticism onboard at every opportunity to keep me interested in this fake franchise

Posted by ProjektGill

Man, Vas seems like a total insane badass antagonist. Hopefully he will have more great moments like the one in the trailer.

Posted by punkxblaze
@Taklulas said:
@punkxblaze said:
@ThePantheon said:

"Jason Brody"?

For some reason I really hate that name.

HEY BRODESTER YOU WANNA GO CHILL WITH THE BROLOS AND POP SOME BROSKIS BRO?  That's why.
I felt like punching you, but then I realized you were acting. :x
And therein we have proof that I have successfully demonstrated the problem!
Posted by Taklulas
@punkxblaze said:
@ThePantheon said:

"Jason Brody"?

HEY BRODESTER YOU WANNA GO CHILL WITH THE BROLOS AND POP SOME BROSKIS BRO?  That's why.
I felt like punching you, but then I realized you were acting. :x
Edited by ProfessorEss

It makes me so happy to hear that guy say "If you played Far Cry 2, and liked Far Cry 2 then you're gonna like Far Cry 3".

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but seeing as Far Cry is the only game doing this totally open thing I really, REALLY want them to keep doing it.

I hope they didn't ignore ALL the criticism - but I do hope they ignored a lot of it.

Posted by AssInAss
@Druminator said:
I love open world games but I've yet to love an open "island" game. They always seem too open. Even Far Cry 2 and also Just Cause 2... maybe its all the water.
Add "Tomb Raider" and "Dead Island" to that list. Not interested in those, too?
Posted by Druminator

I love open world games but I've yet to love an open "island" game. They always seem too open. Even Far Cry 2 and also Just Cause 2... maybe its all the water.

Posted by billyhoush

Oh wow, they reinvented acting just for Far Cry 3 *wanking motion*

Posted by warmonked

it looks pretty good... but then again so did Farcry 2 and I felt completely ripped off by that game.

Posted by sheira
@ThePantheon said:

"Jason Brody"?

Baywatch
Posted by punkxblaze
@ThePantheon said:

"Jason Brody"?

HEY BRODESTER YOU WANNA GO CHILL WITH THE BROLOS AND POP SOME BROSKIS BRO?

That's why.
Posted by Robo

@core1065 said:

@ThePantheon said:

"Jason Brody"?

I agree... Sounds like a kind of guy you want to punch in the face for no reason.

Yep.

Posted by hoossy

sounds.... like Lost?

Posted by the_purgatory_station

always wanted to play 1 & 2. this might be my first one in

Posted by oatz

Who ate all the textures?

Posted by DeathByWaffle

I've never played a Far Cry game, but this looks pretty cool.

Posted by SuperfluousMoniker

Far Cry 2 was great except for the copy and paste feeling of every mission. This one looks like it's going for a little more personality and setpiece type stuff, which is exactly what they needed. Very excited.

Posted by MforMaverick

I'm so looking forward to this game. I have a feeling Boss will end up being one of my favorite antagonist/villain. 

Posted by effinjamie

AS long as every enemy in the entire game world is not : 
- instantly attacking me  
- instantly knows were I am 
- can headshot me from halfway across the map through the densest jungle known to man 
- respawns 2 mins later 

Edited by eulogize_my_baked_goods

I loved the first FarCry and was very worried for the game when Crytech moved on. Unfortunately FC2 just didn't capture the aspects I loved so much about the first game, even though it was technically a more expansive world. I think this was mainly down to the rinse-and-repeat mission structure - for such a large world the game didn't really seem to offer that much choice. Having said that the demo for this new game was one of the best of E3 IMO. If they can manage to make good on their promises then I may just fall for FarCry all over again.

Posted by Impossibilium
@WiqidBritt said:
@Impossibilium: uh yeah... since this is pretty much the ONLY footage of the game out at this point, what other parts do you think the guy would have been talking about?

Only footage you've seen perhaps but this was a playable demo on the show floor not just the PR footage that this interview was spliced with.

He was also talking about a sniper rifle when GB intercut Brody shooting guys with a pistol, so how come nobody is complaining that there is no sniper rifle in the demo because GB only showed the .45?
Posted by subatomicpizza

Man that's a pretty game.

Edited by core1065

@ThePantheon said:

"Jason Brody"?

I agree... Sounds like a kind of guy you want to punch in the face for no reason.

Posted by ThePantheon

"Jason Brody"?

Posted by WiqidBritt
@Impossibilium: uh yeah... since this is pretty much the ONLY footage of the game out at this point, what other parts do you think the guy would have been talking about?
Posted by Impossibilium
@WiqidBritt said:
it's a small thing but still annoys me, especially since this dude is the guy speaking for his game... the assault rifle you pick up is not an AK-47, it's an AK-74... the guy talking about the game should at least know the difference before bragging about it

Did he say the weapon in the clip he couldn't possibly know Vinny was inserting was a 74? All he said was that there are 47's in the game, so if anyone is to blame it's GB for picking a clip with the wrong weapon.
Posted by Impossibilium
@nERVEcenter said:
Seeing as Crytek developed the original Far Cry, I guess it can be understood that Ubisoft Montreal made a few missteps attempting to recreate that experience on underpowered consoles in Instincts and Predator, and some other missteps in the creation of Far Cry 2. 

It's funny how people forget that the last quarter of Far Cry was cliched mutant shit with a stupid arena battle at the end.

Crytek didn't make a perfect game with Far Cry.  Their narrative was crap and the best things about it where the two main characters, the realistic enemies and discovering the island. The sci-fi stuff was pure balls and I'm glad that the Far Cry series dumped it to put new characters firmly in the real world.
Edited by RandomInternetUser

Sounds like they are fixing the exact things I didn't like from Far Cry 2 and kept everything I loved, and are now crafting a compelling narrative/characters around it.

awesome

Posted by 24Carrot

There better be a damn good fucking map editor.

Posted by MadeinFinland
@pweidman said:
Why do I get the feeling they didn't learn from their mistakes in Far Cry 2? Just seems like more of the repetitive gameplay from it's predecessor, and I loved how the dude totally avoided addressing the narrative in the game when asked specifically by Brad.
Yeah, I noticed him avoiding it too. Whenever I see that I start feeling a little iffy about the game. But still, I really like Far Cry 2, but I saw the narrative as the biggest flaw. I hope they do end up improving it a lot. 
Posted by DougQuaid
Y O U  are Jason Brody.
Posted by MeatSim

I enjoyed Far Cry 2 despite it's flaws. Hopefully they fix some of those flaws this time.

Posted by TorMasturba

Guys! I have it, a Far cry game that's a joint effort RPG game made by both Ubisoft and Bethesda. Never going to happen I know, but I think it would actually be really awesome.

Posted by thedevilbat

I hearted me some farcry 2.

Can't wait to dig in and massacre this island.

Posted by Luck3ySe7en

Anyone know if FC3 is going to crap on the PC modding community like they did in 2?

Posted by CletusTheFoetus

It looks great, like all the FarCry games, but I really want them to establish some main characters and turn it into a series rather than rehash the same game-play elements with characters you have no connection to.

Posted by vioxtreme

This game looks fantastic!

Posted by spartan1017

epic

Posted by pweidman

Why do I get the feeling they didn't learn from their mistakes in Far Cry 2? Just seems like more of the repetitive gameplay from it's predecessor, and I loved how the dude totally avoided addressing the narrative in the game when asked specifically by Brad.
Posted by nERVEcenter

Seeing as Crytek developed the original Far Cry, I guess it can be understood that Ubisoft Montreal made a few missteps attempting to recreate that experience on underpowered consoles in Instincts and Predator, and some other missteps in the creation of Far Cry 2. I'm definitely willing to give them the benefit of the doubt; that Vaas character is extremely compelling, and having that island jungle throwback to Far Cry 1 with much more open world structure...very cool. 

Posted by JacDG

@KillyDarko said:

I loved Far Cry, but did not like Far Cry 2. This looks great, but I'm still kinda divided here...

that makes two of us, I think there was a lot of potential in Far Cry 2 but they didn't make good on it, I'm hoping they've learned from it.

Posted by Cold_Wolven

Didn't realize how long this game was in development, they did a good job keeping it under wraps. Game looks great both visually as well as game play and really hope it turns out great.

Posted by waypoetic

So, uh, it's called Far Cry 3 : Crazy. Right?

Posted by twillfast

I think this looks cool, but I have a question. If they're at the far edges of the map and everybody's crazy, why are they all covering their faces?

Seems unneccesary.

Posted by Winternet

RAGE ON! 3+ years to make this. Talk about long dev cycles.

Posted by KillyDarko

I loved Far Cry, but did not like Far Cry 2. This looks great, but I'm still kinda divided here...

Posted by krabboss

So far, this whole "everybody is crazy!" thing seems really weak. Undoubtedly it will be expanded on in the game, but at this point it isn't doing much to sell me on the narrative.

Posted by GioVANNI

I hope we see the smoke monster or a hatch sometime during this game

Posted by Master_Funk

E3 RAGES ON!!

• 98 results