73 Comments
  • 73 results
Posted by TwoOneFive

that's actually pretty meh. theres war all over the us, and it just says "the world stands on the brink"....  

i could think of a much more urgent and terrible looking cover

Edited by Solemn

“I like the concept of Time being a related brand of something that’s happening in 2030,”

So....it's 2030 and the characters in the game are using equipment from over twenty years ago?
Posted by chstupid
Posted by natetodamax

This is pretty old stuff. I've had this poster for several weeks now. Got it at GameStop when I pre-ordered the game for my dad.

Posted by VTheSystemV

I paid 2.50 deposit for this game to get the poster.  I'm not even going to refund the deposit now I'm getting Skyrim instead, as I thought the poster was worth it!

Posted by buft

great stuff, maybe they can get the new yorker to make a funny comic about it too?

Posted by rmanthorp

WW3 :0

Posted by xMP44x

If the game is set in 2030 it's a sixteen year jump from when Modern Warfare 2 ends? Weird. I'd love one of those covers but I don't have a GameStop nearby, nor do I have a pre-order. My thought is to just get a really nice, high-end scan and have that professionally printed or something.

Posted by AuthenticM

MW3 does not take place in 2030.

Posted by Vodun

Severely disinterested in MW3, but this is kind of cool.

Posted by Chris2KLee

Sure, why not.

Posted by brewso

I'd like to see The Onion's take...

Edited by Agent47
@gbrading said:
Enough real people are dying in conflicts around the world as it is, without the need to make a fake cover of Time Magazine advertising global conflicts.

@Hector said:

Not interested in anything relating to CoD!

Posted by itsVASH

I've had this for over 2 months... this is news?

Posted by Jackel2072

i rather like the poster. i have that hanging on my wall VS the standard MW3 cover. side note. why is this news now? i mean i got the post like a month ago. did it take Time this long to comment or are people now just figuring out it was a pre-order bonus?

Posted by Marokai
@Jerome85 said:
How this could possibly bother someone is beyond me.  Oh wait it's COD...no wonder.  Keyboard warriors...continue your miserable existence.
Of course, it can't possibly have anything to do with the fact that Time used to be a really great magazine and is now becoming this disgusting mainstream shell of it's former self, and this is just one example of a magazine that used to be AAA now selling out to the lowest common denominator for readership. Or it couldn't also have anything to do with the fact that some people value print media and this just fits with the overall narrative of print media becoming more and more desperate to maintain any relevancy despite their once-great past.

No, it must all be because we hate Call of Duty. There couldn't possibly be any serious objections here. Sure.
Posted by EvilTwin

This is probably the coolest pre-order bonus ever.

Edited by Kyreo

@Yanngc33 said:

I'd love to get my hands on one of these posters

I'll sell you one for 20 bucks. PM me.

Posted by Beaudacious

Time is in financial ruin, so they sold out for some desperately needed money.

Posted by Branthog

@Klarion18 said:

Pretty sad to see Time magazine doing this.

Why? Time has no prestige to it. They pandered to the audience by calling "you" the "person of the year". They're as ridiculously bought and sold in and out like every other mass media entity.

Posted by Lunar_Aura

Time was hardly a respectable rag but this pretty much cements their status.

Edited by cyraxible

Print media desperately grabbing for relevancy by selling out to a lowest common denominator blockbuster. This is gross.

Posted by Xpgamer7

Advertising has reached a new level. I don't feel great about this.

Posted by Tennmuerti

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Posted by SleepyDoughnut

I've always thought Time was a horribly overrated magazine, so this works out?

Posted by RadixNegative2

Now I REALLY don't want this game.

Posted by Kyle

@Agent47 said:

@abdo said:
I never thought Time would stoop so low.
Posted by tourgen

classy

final death squeals of print media

Posted by President_Barackbar

Ummm...ok?

Posted by CitizenKane

@RE_Player92 said:

I don't know if I feel indifferent or disgusted by this.

Why would you be disgusted by this?

Posted by MeatSim

Time must really like money.

Posted by PirateNeal

It looks way cool! Creepy in a way

Posted by Jerome85

How this could possibly bother someone is beyond me.  Oh wait it's COD...no wonder.  Keyboard warriors...continue your miserable existence.

Posted by Klarion18

Pretty sad to see Time magazine doing this.

Posted by PieGuy

Yay making war and what our soldiers are doing trivial to market a cash cow arcade game. 
Activision are the best!

Posted by Mr_Skeleton

Plus Activision paid them a lot of money.

Posted by Deathpooky

It's cool for MW3 and looks great, but kind of sad for TIme that they'd sell out their image to promo a game.

Posted by gbrading

Enough real people are dying in conflicts around the world as it is, without the need to make a fake cover of Time Magazine advertising global conflicts.

Edited by RYNO9881

Who are the two most wanted criminals on the cover. Please tell me it's Soap and Price.

The ad seems cool

Posted by shway

lol at nerd rage....for normal folks that play games casually this is kinda neat...for jaded gamers a little excessive but still its neat imo

Posted by Winternet

@SensuousLettuce said:

Next up, Playgirl: "See Price wearing nothing but his moustache!'

I'd buy that.

Posted by SensuousLettuce

Next up, Playgirl: "See Price wearing nothing but his moustache!'

Posted by MrKlorox

I heard you can draw a question block on your arm and it works as a 3DS AR marker.

Thanks Kotaku Klepek.

Edited by Hector

Not interested in anything relating to CoD!

Posted by Portis

I like it.

Posted by MariachiMacabre

These have been in the window of my Gamestop for months now. Didn't know it was actually Time behind it.

Posted by Agent47
@abdo said:
I never thought Time would stoop so low.
Posted by AjayRaz

i like it !

Posted by Sinful

Sigh shame shame

Posted by MrMazz

Saw to cover at my local gamestop in the window stopped and took a picture of it. I like it actually

• 73 results