62 Comments
  • 62 results
Posted by Xpgamer7

I really liked the article. I knew about the subject matter behind it but reading into it even more, I became thoroughly engrossed.

Posted by Gizmo

So this is an 'Art-Game'? 

I'll certainly be picking this up, the curious art student that I am.

Posted by Cerafin
I wonder if the game's tittle is intentional ? "Papo & Yo" is very similar to Papa y Yo which is spanish for Dad and Me. 
Posted by spilledmilkfactory

This is starting to look really great. Can't wait to play it. The fact that he mentions telling a story through mechanics is what really excites me, because that's what makes gaming so unique, and I feel that if more developers approached storytelling this way, the products that the industry produces could be that much more powerful

Posted by SonKite

Great read, Alex. Thank you
Posted by FunExplosions
@Cerafin: I'd have to assume so. Funny, I took 4 years of Spanish and it took your comment to make me realize that. 
Posted by Cozmicaztaway

Great article, and this game seems really interesting.

Posted by Philzpilz

Ok, I'm pretty interested in seeing this now...

Posted by abdo

Caballero is pretty cool and smart. I love that he cites Fumito Ueda/Ico as an inspiration, and I wish him the best. Can't wait for the game to come out.

Posted by FesteringNeon

Dude, it's Mr. Brainwash (Thierry Guetta)

Posted by HarlequinRiot
@spilledmilkfactory said:

This is starting to look really great. Can't wait to play it. The fact that he mentions telling a story through mechanics is what really excites me, because that's what makes gaming so unique, and I feel that if more developers approached storytelling this way, the products that the industry produces could be that much more powerful

I completely agree. This is is one of the most difficult aspects of games to capitalize on but it's the most rewarding. I understand why games tend towards more traditional story telling means (cutscenes, etc), but I wish more people would experiment with this style of game.
Posted by CaptainCody

You know you're cool when your name sounds like a skateboard trick.