14 Comments
Posted by Marshermallow

Looking at the daily deals today (day 3) Magicka definitely interests me, Bad Company 2 Complete, and Bioshock 2 are in my cart. Was hoping Half Life: Source would be in the Half Life franchise sale, wondering if I should just buy the original Half Life minus the source engine, any opinions? Also want to know how I should approach Magicka, should I buy the complete pack with all the dlc, or just the game by itself?

Day 2 I picked up Just Cause 2 with all dlc, Star Wars: KOTOR, and Star Wars: Battlefront 2. I really hope I get around to playing all these, because KOTOR will definitely bring back some good memories.

The first day was a great day, Borderlands GOTY, Bit.Trip Beat and Runner, Lead and Gold, and Back to the Future. So far I think i'm handling this Steam sale fairly well. I've decided to wait until the last day to buy the games that will be on deal for the entire sale, in case they happen to be a daily deal.

Also you've seen what I've bought, Steam name: SwirlinDervish would love to play some coop Borderlands

Posted by MysteriousBob
@SwirlinDervish said:

the original Half Life minus the source engine, any opinions?

Do it, you'll also get access to a load of fantastic mods from back in the day. The Source engine just detracts from the experience.
Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1
@SwirlinDervish: I'll add you it'll be from colonelpopcorn.
Posted by Marshermallow

@MysteriousBob said:

@SwirlinDervish said:

the original Half Life minus the source engine, any opinions?

Do it, you'll also get access to a load of fantastic mods from back in the day. The Source engine just detracts from the experience.

alright i'll take your word, thanks for the input

Posted by TheSpartanDon

Sucks to only have a Mac in these times.

LIKE ME. :'(

Posted by Marshermallow

@TheSpartanDon said:

Sucks to only have a Mac in these times.

LIKE ME. :'(

yea I bet, but there are some decent games for mac aren't there?

Posted by Aronman789

I bought the Square Enix pack for $75, which is sadly going to be the only thing I buy this year since it basically took my entire budget, but hey, I get Batman.

Posted by Marshermallow

so any opinions on Magicka, should i get the complete pack or just the main game?

Posted by QuistisTrepe

Bioshock 1&2 for $10, yes please. The first day deals were awesome as well, but I don't think I'll ever have the time to play Oblivion, ever.

Edited by DAFTPUNK
@SwirlinDervish: just get the whole bundle :) you will love it
for magicka
Posted by Aus_azn

I have yet to buy anything.

Yay for restraint!

...But really, nothing that I've wanted has been on sale, and nothing has really been irresistibly cheap (sub-$2.50) that has made me want to jump on it.

Posted by lolak47

is steam very SLOW for everyone esle?

Im downloading  very slow like 50kbs. .. then it stops its self.

It's not my internet as it downloads fine on other sites.

Posted by project343
@SwirlinDervish: Depends how tolerant you are of older games. I went back and tried to play Half-Life (after adoring Half-Life 2 so much) and couldn't play it.
Posted by cjmabry

I recently beat Half Life: Source, and honestly the Source engine doesn't add much, except small stuff like updated water. Just get the original.