135 Comments
  • 135 results
Posted by Pink_o_mat

Awesome!

Posted by ajamafalous

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

This is so well done. Mad props. You should be proud of what you've created.

Edited by mr_shoeless

Black Knight 2000 is the greatest pinball game ever. For any of you that haven't played it, you should definitely seek it out wherever you can find it.

Much as I find this a clever mash-up, the original music is even cooler without someone talking over it.

Posted by teekomeeko

I'll be listening to this a few times on my way to work. Hot as hell.

Posted by Dain22
@PsEG said:

@Dain22 said:

I went and done a thing.

An absolutely amazing thing. I'm a little late to the praise party here, but this is up there with my favorite mash-up of Smells Like Teen Spirit and Never Gonna Give You Up in awesomeness. It works beautifully on its own, and I think this very well might be my favorite song from the community.

I'm only quoting you for quest purposes, since it's all I can do as thanks for blowing my mind with this amazing piece of work. Seriously, though...great freakin' job.

Wow! Thank you so much. I really appreciate that. :)
Posted by RecSpec

This song made my drive out last night so great. Amazing song.

Posted by Vitor

Wonderful. Perfect fit.

Posted by artofwar420

Yep, this is too awesome. Great job bro!

Posted by rmanthorp

Yes.

Posted by jorbear

When that Lincoln Force game gets made, this better be the theme music for the final boss. Bonus points if the final boss is Kanye West.

Posted by ArclightBorealis

I can't stop listening to this.

Posted by Little_Socrates

@Dain22 said:

@Little_Socrates said:

This has reinspired me to work on my video-game Kanye-West concept mash-up album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Final Fantasy, featuring other tracks such as Luigi's Monster Mash-Up and Lost Woods. I was having an absurd amount of trouble coming up with something to mash Power with, and you seem to have found it.

That sounds like a Team Teamwork kind of project - Awesome! Please keep in the loop because I'd love to hear the final release. If you'd like to try your hand at remixing the Black Knight 2000 music, I'll put a link in the OP to where you can download the files.

The thing is, I badly need some acapellas to work with, and I've had a lot of trouble finding them for this album. Once I have those, I can probably work out the rest. I'll keep you posted, though, as I've definitely got concepts for all of them so far.

Posted by MattBodega

From Ed Boon's Twitter this morning;

The last pinball machine I programmed was Black Knight 2000. I luv this mix of the game's music with Kanye West vocals! tinyurl.com/6fvogsh
Posted by retsub101

Like... wow!

Posted by BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Very nice.

Posted by Dain22
@Little_Socrates said:

@Dain22 said:

@Little_Socrates said:

This has reinspired me to work on my video-game Kanye-West concept mash-up album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Final Fantasy, featuring other tracks such as Luigi's Monster Mash-Up and Lost Woods. I was having an absurd amount of trouble coming up with something to mash Power with, and you seem to have found it.

That sounds like a Team Teamwork kind of project - Awesome! Please keep in the loop because I'd love to hear the final release. If you'd like to try your hand at remixing the Black Knight 2000 music, I'll put a link in the OP to where you can download the files.

The thing is, I badly need some acapellas to work with, and I've had a lot of trouble finding them for this album. Once I have those, I can probably work out the rest. I'll keep you posted, though, as I've definitely got concepts for all of them so far.

Have you tried acapellas4u.co.uk? That's where I get most of mine. If you're looking for something in particular let me know and I'll have a look through my collection.
Posted by Dain22
@MattBodega said:

From Ed Boon's Twitter this morning;

The last pinball machine I programmed was Black Knight 2000. I luv this mix of the game's music with Kanye West vocals! tinyurl.com/6fvogsh
I just got an email from Brian Schmidt saying that he thought it was awesome as well. I don't think I could get much higher praise than from one of the original composers, let alone programmers!
Posted by lordbazuco

wow. This actually sounds great too. good job man

Posted by Demoskinos

I give you my respect sir.    Some would say  "Mad" respect even.

Posted by DeltaDreamer

Best thing I have ever heard next to the original BK2000

Posted by TheLastNeo

This is just glorious...

Posted by DallyDoll

This was amazing!
Posted by drevilbones

This is totally great. Good job, duder!

Posted by Mars_Cleric

beautiful, just beautiful

Posted by Slab64

@Dain22: I'm wondering where you sourced the vocal from...was it a live performance? Did you consider taking the vocal from the album version and slowing down the BK music? Just curious.

Posted by Scrawnto

This is just superb. Top notch.

Posted by Entish

Video game based hip-hop is an under exploited genre...

Posted by Dain22
@Slab64 said:

@Dain22: I'm wondering where you sourced the vocal from...was it a live performance? Did you consider taking the vocal from the album version and slowing down the BK music? Just curious.

The vocal is from a live performance. If I had found an album version I would've used it - unfortunately there's still no technology for extracting vocals without artifacts. There is a way to phase-cancel if you have the original and instrumental track, but that whole process seems needlessly complicated (unless I'm in dire need of a particualr A Capella).
Posted by Dain22
@Entish said:
Video game based hip-hop is an under exploited genre...
Speak of the devil... I recently came across something of that nature! 

Posted by chilibean_3

Just checking aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, yup. This is still great.

Edited by mr_shoeless

@PsEG said:

@Dain22 said:

I went and done a thing.

An absolutely amazing thing. I'm a little late to the praise party here, but this is up there with my favorite mash-up of Smells Like Teen Spirit and Never Gonna Give You Up in awesomeness.

You mean this?

Thanks for the tip.

Posted by TheSouthernDandy

I want to inject this directly into my veins. Absolutely brilliant.

Posted by CastroCasper

This is amazing.

Posted by Glottery

Topical *and* great.

Edited by TrulyAlive

After Vinny brought up the BK2K theme on the podcast I googled that track and this was one of the first things to come up.

This shit is siiiiiiiick, son.