182 Comments
  • 182 results
Posted by RuthLoose

Just came from a buddy's wedding reception party this weekend where 3 of the 4 couples at the table couldn't get over how fantastic Just Dance 2 is. So glad I pointed them in the direction of Dance Central.

Posted by Hansolol

The best selling games list for whatever month it happens to be never fails to depress me.

Posted by Vonocourt

I kinda contributed to two of those L.A. Noire sales...

Posted by jkuc316
@oroboros said:
@AzHP said:

Can't believe Shadows of the Damned didn't sell well...I heard it only sold 50k. A crying shame.

Be a shame of all those people who would have bought SotD bought DNF instead.   Seems like a similar demographic. Notice FEAR3 isn't on the list, either.  Dirt3 sales were also pretty poor.
But... DNF only makes your dick hard as steel, while SotD gives you a hole in your pants.
Posted by Daygon

I'm surprised Cars 2 wasn't higher... Sorry I'm surprised its on the list

Posted by EpochError

DNF in the top 10 period is more than it deserves.

Posted by SockLobster
@xaLieNxGrEyx said:
@Vexed said:
@xaLieNxGrEyx said:
I don't understand why people still buy 360's    I don't mean this in a fanboy insulting way I'm actually really curious   What are you playing?
There's a list of top selling games right there and 7 of them are on 360.... So maybe that's what people are playing? >.>
I was refering more towards exclusives   I'm just wondering what right the 360 has to be the top selling console...   I haven't played mine since I beat Alan Wake and Metro. To each his own I suppose.
People use the 360 for more than just exclusives, it also usually has the best version of multiplatform games. For instance, the 360 version of MK is superior to the PS3 version. Speaking of PS3, there's a console that I only play exclusives on, the latest being Infamous 2.
Posted by MisterSamMan

I love that Black Ops is still in the Top 10. Nicely done.

Posted by advocatefish
@CrazyChris
Numbers! Feel bad for Gearbox, hopefully they can focus on Borderlands 2 now instead.
Hell's yes.
Posted by HellBrendy
@Montyboggs said:

Since L.A. Noire doesn't have a digital version and Duke does, I have to imagine Duke did sell more than L.A. Noire. NPD really needs to get some deal going where they can at least add Steam purchases to the charts. I think that would make it a much more accurate representation of sales. Even if the game was sub-par, I'm glad Gearbox is being rewarded for their decision to help Forever see the light of day. I'm also sure that if Gearbox fully designs the next one (3D Realms designed single-player of Forever) on their own it will be much better.

Didn't think of it, but yeah you're probably right. Not including digital sales is kind of a big miss in 2011. 
Posted by Skald

Mortal Kombat deserves to sell well. It's pretty much the only game I've played this summer.

Posted by Sooty
@Hizang said:

Who dosn't have Black Ops already?

People with taste. 

hurrdurrhurrlololol
Posted by Montyboggs

Since L.A. Noire doesn't have a digital version and Duke does, I have to imagine Duke did sell more than L.A. Noire. NPD really needs to get some deal going where they can at least add Steam purchases to the charts. I think that would make it a much more accurate representation of sales. Even if the game was sub-par, I'm glad Gearbox is being rewarded for their decision to help Forever see the light of day. I'm also sure that if Gearbox fully designs the next one (3D Realms designed single-player of Forever) on their own it will be much better.

Posted by SPCTRE
@Hizang said:

*raises hand* At this point I have no intention of getting it, although one of my buddies will most likely gift me one for Christmas. He did the same with MW2.
Edited by Lazyaza
@niamahai said:

@Asurastrike said:

@Lazyaza said:

Geezus, this list makes me sad. Alice and Shadows not even on it, fucking hell gaming community you have failed hard.

Alice seems like a game which relies very heavily on it's art style, which comes off as a little too middle schooler sketching dark things in his notebook during class, to me. From everything I've heard about it, gameplay wise, it's nothing special.

Shadows of the Damned seems like it could be interesting, but I have been to Target and GameStop and have yet to see a copy on store shelves. I think it was a limited run.

pretty much this.

Only gaming hipsters will claim other people just "don't get it" about Alice.

No not really, Alice has a great well done story, incredible characters, good atmosphere, enjoyable platforming and competent but not so great combat.  The only major flaw it has is tedium and excessive repetition but whatever, opinions.  And yeah Shadows does indeed have a limited run, so anyone who wants to get it new probably should asap, won't be anything but pre-owned copies in most stores in a couple months.
Posted by Nethlem

@Jimbo said:

3 million+ copies for Duke Nukem Forever, eh, Pachter? Good job, nailed it.

He didn't mean at launch, but rather during the games "valid" lifetime. It's only the release month, wait 1-2 years and the game will have sold quite alot and made back some money.

Posted by Winternet

@Enigma777 said:

I can't believe Duke outsold Infamous 2. People are crazy!

I can't believe people are still buying Black Ops. People are crazy!

Posted by YukoAsho
@onarum said:
@Shaanyboi said:

For fuck's sake, GO BUY ALICE AND SHADOWS OF THE DAMNED!!  Two games that deserve to sell!  Not the pathetic sack of shit known as Duke Nukem...
Hell cars 2 and Just Dance 2 sold more than those... now that is just wrong....
Well Cars 2 apparently isn't so bad, which is a good thing considering the absolute dearth of good children's games. 

Now Just Dance 2, that shit has no place on this list.  And... NBA2K11?  Aren't we close to a release date for NBA2K12 at this point?
Posted by Enigma777

I can't believe Duke outsold Infamous 2. People are crazy!

Posted by YukoAsho
@selbie said:

MK would be higher if our fucked up country (AU) had an R18 rating. >____>

Erm, NPD is US only.
Posted by Eyz

That's already quite impressing. Taking account how rushed and messy it was. (DKF)

Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx
@Vexed said:
@xaLieNxGrEyx said:
I don't understand why people still buy 360's    I don't mean this in a fanboy insulting way I'm actually really curious   What are you playing?
There's a list of top selling games right there and 7 of them are on 360.... So maybe that's what people are playing? >.>

I was refering more towards exclusives  

I'm just wondering what right the 360 has to be the top selling console...  

I haven't played mine since I beat Alan Wake and Metro. To each his own I suppose.
Posted by selbie

MK would be higher if our fucked up country (AU) had an R18 rating. >____>

Posted by niamahai

@Asurastrike said:

@Lazyaza said:

Geezus, this list makes me sad. Alice and Shadows not even on it, fucking hell gaming community you have failed hard.

Alice seems like a game which relies very heavily on it's art style, which comes off as a little too middle schooler sketching dark things in his notebook during class, to me. From everything I've heard about it, gameplay wise, it's nothing special.

Shadows of the Damned seems like it could be interesting, but I have been to Target and GameStop and have yet to see a copy on store shelves. I think it was a limited run.

pretty much this.

Only gaming hipsters will claim other people just "don't get it" about Alice.

Posted by Vexed
@xaLieNxGrEyx said:
Posted by Asurastrike

@Lazyaza said:

Posted by Lazyaza

Geezus, this list makes me sad.  Alice and Shadows not even on it, fucking hell gaming community you have failed hard.

Posted by Shaanyboi

@onarum said:

@Shaanyboi said:
For fuck's sake, GO BUY ALICE AND SHADOWS OF THE DAMNED!! Two games that deserve to sell! Not the pathetic sack of shit known as Duke Nukem...

Hey now, Cars 2 is alright... And no, I'm not joking. It's pretty good.

Posted by NoelVeiga

These are US results only. 

People sometimes forget to explain that when NPD numbers come out.

Posted by umdesch4

Add me to the "wish Alice made the top 10" camp. I enjoyed that game a lot, despite it's flaws, and I want it to sell well so that developers feel it worthwhile to emulate certain aspects of it in future releases.

Posted by Rawrz

Kinda surprised that Duke came in 2nd. Kinda expected that game to do way worse. LA Noire being 1st was a given since well anything with the Rockstar name attached to it seems to sell quite well.

Posted by Hizang

Posted by LiquidSwords

@steelknight2000 said:

All those poor, poor Duke Nukem Forever owners...

All those Duke Nukem's went to to the used bins.

Posted by GorillaMoPena

Now if you switch Duke Nukem and Cole Phelps things get weird when Duke starts saying "Evidence is for pussies"

Posted by Slaker117

@xaLieNxGrEyx: There are definitely games to play on the 360, but it does seem a bit weird to be selling half a million units this late in the life cycle when it isn't attached to a major release. Who's jumping in now?

Edited by ptys
Man anyone who doubts MW3 will go gangbusters aught to look at the figures for Black Ops 9mths after release. Who are the people buying this game?!
Posted by Apollo87

I kinda feel bad about not buying Shadows of the Dammed, I mean I haven't bought any game lately either but still I'd like to see that game succeed. 

Also for people wondering  I DO NOT OWN BLOPS and have no plans to purchase it in the near future, if I were to buy a FPS it'd be KZ3.

Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx

I don't understand why people still buy 360's  

I don't mean this in a fanboy insulting way I'm actually really curious  

What are you playing?
Posted by Bestostero

Number 2 is pretty good considering how awful it was.

Posted by steelknight2000

All those poor, poor Duke Nukem Forever owners...

Posted by Daroki

Wasn't Shadows of the Damned the game that Duke Nukem wishes it was? Yes, I'm eyeing it very closely, and it's not going to take too much of a price drop for me to add it to my collection.

Posted by dragonzord

@Redbullet685 said:

@zoner said:

@Redbullet685 said:

How is CoD still in the top 10? Who doesn't own it already?

map pack

This doesn't count map pack sales, just good ol physical game disc sales.

But it increases sales of the game for people who sold their copy

Posted by onarum
@Shaanyboi said:

For fuck's sake, GO BUY ALICE AND SHADOWS OF THE DAMNED!!  Two games that deserve to sell!  Not the pathetic sack of shit known as Duke Nukem...
Posted by Redbullet685
@zoner said:

@Redbullet685 said:

How is CoD still in the top 10? Who doesn't own it already?

map pack

This doesn't count map pack sales, just good ol physical game disc sales.
Posted by TooWalrus

I'm sure somebody already already asked, but if Duke Nukem had a PC version, and LA Noire didn't, isn't possible that Duke sold enough digital copies to take the #1 spot? People love digital downloads, and the PC version of Duke WAS the version to get...

Posted by Shaanyboi

Posted by Vorhenze

@gamefreak9 said:

... People bought Duke Nukem more than infamous two? SHAME... omg SHAME!!!

Release the game on multiple platforms and it wouldn't be a shame.

Posted by Cogzwell

My favorite was Infamous 2

Posted by JarenFace

I was hoping Alice to at least nab the tenth spot, but a part of me believed that that was hoping for too much. Maybe it's because I loved the Carroll books/original Alice game growing up, but I really enjoyed Mcgee's latest release. Plus replaying its predecessor made me appreciate it even more (I was surprised at how unplayable AMA had become after finishing Madness Returns).   

I still need to pick up Shadows. With it still being $40 this week in Canada (or at least where I live) now might be a good time to.

Edited by ninjalegend

I have to say I'm surprised Duke out sold Infamous 2, Shadows of the Damned, and Alice. A deeply flawed, mind numbingly stupid, misogynistic game beat out those 3  solid titles. I guess Gearbox knows their audience. Good for them, though. It still sucks to see a game fail, even one as not for me as Duke Nukem. Now if only Shadows and Alice sold better......... 

• 182 results