182 Comments
  • 182 results
Posted by Beforet

The Duke lost out to a Pig Cop? The world truly has gone to hell.

Posted by dragonzord

@Redbullet685 said:

How is CoD still in the top 10? Who doesn't own it already?

map pack

Posted by ATTILAtheFUN

@Siphillis said:

Duke never comes first, baby.

YES! you are amazing!

Posted by PXAbstraction
@sins_of_mosin: Sorry, can only people from the US view this site? Yeah, I didn't think so. They don't need to provide worldwide numbers, but it should be mentioned in the stories that these are only US numbers and not worldwide. A lot of people see the best selling game moving only 500,000 units and think it was a flop when in fact 500,000 in the US might translate to double or more worldwide. The US numbers alone don't accurately represent the health of the industry. My only suggestion is that such a thing be noted.
Posted by Khann

@sins_of_mosin said:

@PXAbstraction said:
Once again, not only do those numbers not include digital sales, they don't include ANY sales outside the US! I really wish more stories would mention this. There are other places in the world that buy games.
Once again this is a US site so that additional info isn't needed. Can't believe the Xbox 360 sold over 500k consoles in the month of June. That is impressive!

Last I checked, Giantbomb had a significant international audience.

Posted by YukoAsho

As shit as Duke Nukem Forever is, I'm glad to see it doing well.  Hopefully this will encourage Gearbox to make another one, since they, at least, will do it right. 

That said, I agree with  Redbullet685, who doesn't already have Black Ops!?  I love the game and all, but damn that mofo has legs.

Posted by tobygw

Duke was probably number 1 including all the Steam sales.

Posted by buzz_killington

Duke just did a number two on the whole NPD. Awesome.

Posted by Redbullet685

How is CoD still in the top 10? Who doesn't own it already?

Posted by AstroCow
@AssInAss: Agreed. It's my personal GOTY thus far. The imagination and art direction are fantastic. Absolutely love Alice: Madness Returns.
Posted by mrsmiley

Glad to see Duke at #2. Definitely a misunderstood and under-appreciated game. I loved it. Lots of fun. :)

Edited by Siphillis

Duke never comes first, baby.

Posted by MarvinCidamon

Silver ain't bad...

Posted by Ben99

Whoa ! how the fuck did Duke game get that sales figure?!

Posted by Shakezula84

I'm glad to see LA Noire continue to get sales. It was a solid game and an interesting concept. I know the games format isnt really built for a sequel, but I wouldn't mind playing LA Noire 2 on the next generation of consoles.

Posted by iam3green

well that sucks for duke. i'm surprised that black ops is still there. i would have thought people would stop buying it since everyone has the game.

Posted by GioVANNI
@DM613 said:
already afresh admiring with Patrick affairs humans Alice and caliginosity. blessed to accept LA Noire outsell battle.
Lol
Posted by Phoenix778m

@Abyssfull: Agreed, I picked up SOTD on a whim and have loved it so far.

Edited by Yummylee

I am a fellow Shadows of The Damned consumer! Really is a crying shame it couldn't least hit somewhere at the bottom. It's not amazing, by any means, and naturally with the unrealistic expectations set by any kind of Suda/Shinji project, it's disappointing. But it deserves revenue dammit! 

Also inFAMOUS 2... good on ya! You most certainly deserve a solid spot near the top.

Posted by AbeTheGreatest

sucks thats Shadows of the Damned didnt sell well, but even I didnt buy it. As much as I want to  play it it just doesnt seem to be worth $60 but its definitely a buy once it hits about 20 or 30

Posted by DS23

DNF is number two alright...
Posted by NTM
@AndrewB said:
@NTM said:
@AndrewB said:
@bkbroiler said:

@AndrewB said:

The fact that it was #2 makes me just as sad.

I don't know... a game finally being released after 14-some years only debuting at number 2? Or maybe that's what you mean.

That's a good point, but what I meant is that it's a piece of garbage and it still sold better than games that deserve attention.
Generally it'd be easy to agree that games that are better deserve the attention more so than bad ones, but really, it's Duke Nukem, everyone that's been playing games for a while now, should pay attention to Duke Nukem Forever, if only to notice how shitty it is.
But the last thing you want to do is give money to crap and encourage them to produce more crap. I have the same policy for movies. I don't watch shitty movies anymore just to see how shitty they are. Not only is it a waste of money, but there's a more important waste of time attached to that where I could either be doing something productive or at least wasting my time with something good.
OK, sorry. I do agree. If we're really talking serious, Duke Nukem Forever is total crap, and deserves no attention when we compare it to all the other great games out there. I have the game, and I played about five minutes of it until I was done, my older brother wanted it for his birthday this month, so he got it on release, and he beat it. And that's good enough for me. MAN! Don't bring movies into this... I hate bad movies. *goes off an' cries* I just saw this movie called Adaption, it was quite good. Go see it if you haven't yet. I love Blade Runner, Alien/Aliens, Avatar, and every other fantastic movie you can think of. Goodbye. 

That was weird huh? Now raise an eyebrow.
Posted by JeanLuc
@pyromaster222 said:
kind of a bummer that duke nukem beat infamous...
Kind of a bummer that Duke Nukem beat anything.
Posted by MikeFightNight

Ahh man Alice didn't make the list, that has me bummed. It ain't perfect but I really like it, better than Duke thats for sure.

Posted by MisterMouse

kind of a bummer that duke nukem beat infamous...

Edited by Quacktastic

Duke Nukem in 2 isn't that weird really.  If you break down individual formats it's probably more like Infamous, LA noire, LA noire, Zelda, Duke, Duke, Duke - in which case there isn't a ton of competition for its spot.

360 numbers are crazy.  Kinect I guess?

Posted by Tennmuerti

I feel shame for having contributed to the DNF sales number.

Posted by AndrewB
@NTM said:
@AndrewB said:
@bkbroiler said:

@AndrewB said:

I don't know... a game finally being released after 14-some years only debuting at number 2? Or maybe that's what you mean.

That's a good point, but what I meant is that it's a piece of garbage and it still sold better than games that deserve attention.
Generally it'd be easy to agree that games that are better deserve the attention more so than bad ones, but really, it's Duke Nukem, everyone that's been playing games for a while now, should pay attention to Duke Nukem Forever, if only to notice how shitty it is.
But the last thing you want to do is give money to crap and encourage them to produce more crap. I have the same policy for movies. I don't watch shitty movies anymore just to see how shitty they are. Not only is it a waste of money, but there's a more important waste of time attached to that where I could either be doing something productive or at least wasting my time with something good.
Posted by Simplexity

How fucking depressing that Duke Nukem is in second place. Fuck me.

Posted by Luck3ySe7en

"Detective Cole Phelps, badge 247"

"What can i help you with, detective?"

"Any messages?"

"Yes, Coroner Carruthers has asked you to come down to the morgue to positively identify the Dukie Nukem gentleman you murdered on sales charts."

"Thank you, ma'am"

Edited by coryrx8

After hearing about the working conditions at Team Bondi, I can't help but be a little disgusted that LA Noire is sitting there at the top.

Posted by NTM
@AndrewB said:
@bkbroiler said:

@AndrewB said:

Posted by kingzetta

mortal kombat still hanging in there

Edited by AndrewB
@bkbroiler said:

@AndrewB said:

And I don't think I'm being harsh calling it a piece of garbage. Even the developers and publishers that held the game previously recognized it as such.
Posted by PrivateIronTFU

I bought Shadows of the Damned, and I'm very happy with my purchase.

Edited by Agent47
@the_chojin99: Probably cause Duke has a bigger name and popularity in gaming?...Yeah it's probably that...oh and inFamous is an exlusive.Well I'm not sure about exclusive cause GOW2/1 sold millions(and 3 will probably top both) so did Halo so yeah I guess exclusive doesn't matter.
Posted by Xpgamer7

All that hype led to a serious downfall.

Posted by RE_Player1

@weeman105 said:

I'm slightly disgusted that Cars 2 is on that list.

Cars 2 is a quality game.

Posted by JackSukeru

I intend to play both SotD and Alice someday, but haven't bought either yet.

Posted by gamefreak9

... People bought Duke Nukem more than infamous two? SHAME... omg SHAME!!! 

Posted by Subjugation

I'm slightly disgusted that Cars 2 is on that list.

Posted by JayDee

you ever think about how crazy video game sales are? 500k is ridiculous for a $60 product.

Posted by bkbroiler

@AndrewB said:

Posted by sins_of_mosin
@PXAbstraction said:
Once again, not only do those numbers not include digital sales, they don't include ANY sales outside the US! I really wish more stories would mention this. There are other places in the world that buy games.
Once again this is a US site so that additional info isn't needed.

Can't believe the Xbox 360 sold over 500k consoles in the month of June.  That is impressive!
Posted by GohanEgret
@Jimbo: I do agree that he was optimistic to a hilarious fault. I was merely just saying that he corrected his overenthusiastic numbers and that NPD can't track everything (even if it's been trying to do so recently).

As for how it did in the rest of the world, it spent 3 weeks in the top 10 in the UK and is at 21 a month after release. Of course, without hard numbers that doesn't mean much ...

Trust me, I usually give Pachter plenty of shit for his ridiculous "analysis."
Posted by TheKing

Those are some holiday type numbers for the 360.

Posted by Jimbo

@GohanEgret said:

@Jimbo: He revised his numbers to half that, NPD can't account for all PC sales, and his numbers could be worldwide instead of just North America.

He didn't have much choice but to revise his numbers down massively did he? He was fucking miles off. If you stood on the spot of his insanely optimistic original estimate and looked toward the actual sales, all you would see is a barely visible speck on the horizon - that's how far off he was.

The unaccounted for PC sales will hardly be worth mentioning and the non-US market will be what? It's a dumb FPS not a Settlers game; I suspect even adding 50% on top of the US numbers would be optimistic. If this gets to a million actual sales it's gonna limp there at about $5 a copy.

Go watch the Pach Attack where he tears somebody apart for suggesting DNF won't sell very well, it's pretty amusing.

Posted by JCTango

I'm glad NBA 2K11 landed in the top ten.  It's one of my all-time favourites :D.

Posted by PXAbstraction

Posted by jorbear

@SugarRay: That's because it is one of the best sports games of all time. It deserves it.

• 182 results