124 Comments
  • 124 results
Posted by Gamer_152

Wow, this sounds really bad. I hope all you Catherine-less people get your copies a.s.a.p.

Posted by sixpin

@buft said:

@FluxWaveZ said:
@sixpin said:

Strangely enough Best Buy has the censored covers.

It's not that strange.
I would almost want that censored cover, i actually think it looks better

Either cover is fine, but I prefer the original. I don't know, I still find it strange that Best Buy has the censored cover but Toys R Us carries the unedited version.

Posted by Barrock

I have a sealed Love is Over with the soundtrack and artbook in my room. Should I keep it? :D

Posted by Nasar7

According to UPS, my copy is waiting for me at home. Looks like they underestimated demand. Glad to see it's off to a strong start.

Posted by StarvingGamer

After screaming at Amazon CS I learned that apparently my order has been delayed due to severe weather conditions? What the fffuuu...??? In California?

Posted by buft
@XII_Sniper said:

@FluxWaveZ: No sexy pillowcase for you!

Amazon canada is pretty unreliable. Kinda depends what city you live in but it's possible some of the last remaining mom n' pop game shops carry this sort of thing. In Toronto we got the Game Centre, who would totally stock it if they could get some copies in for themselves. Might be that the government is restricting shipments on that game because of the lack of bilingual documentation, which I'm pretty sure is law.

is game centre the one on the bottom floor of the Eaton Centre? thats the place where i picked up all my gameboy advance games when i was living in toronto
Posted by RE_Player1

I got my copy today after Gamestop fucked me over. Long story short it took me hours to get to the store due to taking the bus and walking and they didn't have it, I went back home and as soon as I got in I got a call saying they had it so I walked back.

Posted by buft
@FluxWaveZ said:
@sixpin said:

Strangely enough Best Buy has the censored covers.

It's not that strange.
I would almost want that censored cover, i actually think it looks better
Posted by FluxWaveZ
Posted by sixpin

My copy arrived from Amazon today. The Best Buy and the GameStop by my place both have copies in stock. Strangely enough Best Buy has the censored covers.

Posted by JoxxOr

sd@CABBAGES: Some special europe retailers import it and sell it some days after. One of these is the swedish retail store webhallen:

Posted by JoxxOr

Mine is shipped from videogameplus.ca to my home in little sweden, ETA 3 days :,,,(

Edited by Asian2Go

Been waiting for my copy from Amazon for about 6 hours. It was out for delivery early this morning and I've been waiting ever since. To scared to do anything because I don't want to miss it,

Needless to say, I'm having a great time over here.

Posted by Cloudenvy

@CABBAGES:

29th of July, I know a shop which imports US releases.

Posted by Cazamalos

amazon sent me mine the release day but i pre-ordered in march lol 
don't be so mad, that's the way atlus USA works, they  ship low quantitative to create demand and don't lose/need to invest that much money, they aren't EA 

Posted by CABBAGES

@Cloudenvy said:

I'm not getting mine until the 29th D: stupid Europe!

29th of what ? i havent seen a release date for europe yet ?

@FluxWaveZ said:

This shortage or problem or whatever is also apparently happening in Canada because they didn't manage to think about making enough bilingual documentation before the game was supposed to ship. How did this happen?

See they could release the american one here in the UK without having to put French stuff or any other languages in it !

Posted by mutha3
@Spoonman671 said:
@FluxWaveZ said:
 How the hell does a game that is this anticipated
What?
@MooseyMcMan said:
I feel like you may be over-estimating demand. 
Its been in the top 20 of best sellers on amazon for well over a month now, it is one the most pre-ordered items VG+ ever had, so much so, that they had to start processing the pre-orders a week before the game came out. 

Persona sure as hell never drew this attention.
Posted by MooseyMcMan

I feel like you may be over-estimating demand. 

Posted by Spoonman671
@FluxWaveZ said:
 How the hell does a game that is this anticipated
What?
Posted by MatPaget

Went into EB Games. Didn't have it. 
Walked over to HMV. Had it. 
Went back to EB Games and got my Pre-Order money back. 
Went back to HMV and bought it. 

Went home. Played it. 
Spent $1.75 for the bus both ways.

Posted by OllyOxenFree

I bet Atlus Japan is totally bamboozled at the amount of attention Catherine is getting. Hopefully this will pique their interest on localizing the Persona 4 anime. Give Troy Baker more work!

Posted by Nux

Don't worry may I can happly say that this game is worth the wait. It really sucks that shit like that happened to you. Hope you get your copy soon.

Posted by ckeats

Just got back from my local EB, and it was a no show. The manager was working and as soon as soon as I said "Catherine" she put on the sappiest frown. The other dude working was the guy who sold me the the pre order and was the only other person I've met oin real life who was excited for it, and he was super bummed too.

They said tomorrow it should be in.

Posted by Cathryn

Aaaannnnnd I got an update from my local EB saying that I should be able to pick up my game either tomorrow or Thursday. Not so happy about the Thursday :/

Posted by WatanabeKazuma
@DonutFever said:
@davidwitten22 said:
I don't know if this helps, but the game is really good so far. So, when you finally get it for real you should be happy with it.
It only makes it hurt more.

Sorry it had to be done, for what its worth you will still be playing the game before I get my copy.
Posted by ImpendingFoil

@StarvingGamer: Yeah, I would be super pissed as well. Maybe it is a regional warehouse thing. I know my copy shipped from their KS hub.

Posted by StarvingGamer

@dirkfunk: @ImpendingFoil: I preordered my copy from Amazon on March 1 as well but my copy is somehow delayed. The concept that ANYONE is getting their copies and I am not is pissing me the fuck off. I will be calling them angrily.

Posted by TotalEklypse
@FluxWaveZ said:
@Bocam: Yeah, I will. Hell, I'll probably wait outside the store again tomorrow. And every other day until I get it.
That is both sad and funny.
Posted by Cathryn

@FluxWaveZ: For sure you'll get it eventually -- I'm pretty sure Atlus wants to honour all of the pre-orders. Glad you got a rental to keep you busy until your deluxe edition comes in.

Posted by FluxWaveZ
@Cathryn: No, I live in Montreal. I never received a call and even if I did, I probably would have waited outside the EB Games anyways out of disbelief. I just hope I get to receive the Deluxe Edition eventually.
Posted by Freezer_Burn

I'm in Ontario, and found it walking into a small, non-franchise EB Games/Game Stop-ish store. I didn't check anywhere else, so I might've gotten lucky.

Posted by Cathryn

Are you also somewhere in the Greater Vancouver area? I got a call from the EB I preordered from yesterday evening telling me that there was a delay with supplier shipping and that I might be able to get my copy tomorrow.

Though we'll see whether or not that actually happens :/

Posted by dirkfunk
@Catolf

I probably shouldn't have said I'm pissed about it. Minorly inconvenienced may have been a better way to put it.

The only thing i don't like, that makes me slightly weary, is that Amazon has credited my card $80 and I have no game or any record of when I will receive it.
Posted by DonutFever
@davidwitten22 said:
I don't know if this helps, but the game is really good so far. So, when you finally get it for real you should be happy with it.
It only makes it hurt more.
Posted by davidwitten22

Posted by SecondPersonShooter

I pre-ordered from Gamestop yesterday, rolled in there today and picked it up with the artbook, no problems whatsoever.

Posted by sins_of_mosin

Sounds like they are not wanting to take the risk of having extra supply.  That or they really are very bad at their job.
Edited by FluxWaveZ
@FluxWaveZ said:

Just called a Microplay. Apparently they have the game in stock. About to take the bike and go there now.   

Update: So I managed to rent the game at a Superclub Vidéotron (or Microplay; it's a movie/game rental place). When I had called, the lady was confused by "Catherine" even though I was specifically saying "Do you have a game called Catherine?" and she ended up saying "Yes we have it." I was skeptical, because I had no luck anywhere else and I thought she might have just said that so she could hang up. 

Place was a bit farther than I thought (25-30 minute bike ride), when I got out of the store a big rain storm started immediately and I forgot a bag so the game's box kept on falling out of my pants' pocket during the ride back home, but whatever. I still managed to grab the game in some form and I'm happy about it. 

@Sasran
: Haha, yeah. I remember you saying that game distribution was messed up where you live. I'm glad you managed to get a copy.
Posted by SuperWristBands

@FluxWaveZ: Something is messed up in this world. I usually have to wait until Wednesday to get games but after reading the thread talking about it coming out today I decided to go and check it out. Sure enough, Futureshop had the regular edition. They had about 5 on shelves. I picked it up at around 1:00.

Sucks about them not having it but man, this is too weird.

Posted by DonutFever

So bummed. Sounds like I'll have to wait until Wednesday or Thursday.

Posted by SixtyXCelph
@Junpei said:

@Bocam said:

@Gabriel: I actually have 4 copies: The Japanese PS3 and 360 versions and now the 2 English Versions.

Why? Because I want both covers.

I really wish they had reversible covers on it. I want the XBox cover with Katherine but as a PS3 owner I got Catherine instead. Atlus and NIS have both done this before with reversible covers. Guess it'd be too convenient.

I have both consoles, so, it actually was kind o' difficult deciding which to get, 'cause I would rather play it on PS3 but I wanted the 360 cover.
Posted by supermonkey122
@Bocam said:

Just got both my Xbox 360 and PS3 copies

Why would you get it for both?
Posted by m1k3

Amazon seemed to screw up my preorder for the love is over edition. the good news is that it shipped today and i should be getting it tomorrow. half a day i would have been playing it lost, but whatever.

Posted by Junpei

@Bocam said:

@Gabriel: I actually have 4 copies: The Japanese PS3 and 360 versions and now the 2 English Versions.

Why? Because I want both covers.

I really wish they had reversible covers on it. I want the XBox cover with Katherine but as a PS3 owner I got Catherine instead. Atlus and NIS have both done this before with reversible covers. Guess it'd be too convenient.

Posted by Junpei

update on my status: Amazon has changed the status to shipped and the estimate for delivery is tomorrow. It shows my deluxe edition leaving Kansas around 8:30 this morning (really? It takes 7 hours to relay that info?) so hopefully the quick trip to Pittsburgh goes smoothly. At least I have tomorrow off of work.

Edited by FluxWaveZ

Just called a Microplay. Apparently they have the game in stock. About to take the bike and go there now. 

@xombi242 said: 
This isn't just a Canadian thing is it?
No, but it seems to be much more prevalent here.
Posted by xombi242
@FluxWaveZ said:
And by "this", I mean retail supply. How the hell does a game that is this anticipated, perhaps surprisingly so, get its shipment fucked up so bad? Several people who pre-ordered it from Amazon are getting their shipments delayed and a vast number of Canadian retailers also got shafted.

I preordered Catherine about 6 months ago from EB Games(Gamestop), and last night I got a call saying it'll be in later this week. This sucks. I hate waiting after I already waited. 
This isn't just a Canadian thing is it?
Posted by ImpendingFoil

I preordered mine from Amazon on March 1 since it was the first day Amazon was taking preorders. I had a feeling this game was going to be a big thing so I stayed on the ball, I didn't even know Amazon was going to be short until my coworker tried to order a copy last Friday and was told up front there was going to be a week delay.

I'm happy for Atlus though, they are a great company and this shows that they are really stepping up in the world of video game publishing. It is nice to see a growing market for "niche" titles, Nintendo could probably learn a thing or two from Atlus as well with their whole current fiasco.

Here is hoping you get your copy sooner than later.

Posted by CaptainTightPants

Ahh Thats a complete bummer, I knew you were extremely hyped for the game.

Posted by Catolf
@dirkfunk said:
I'm pretty pissed off about this actually.  I ordered mine from Amazon. . . since they have been AWESOME every other time I have ordered anything, especially game pre-orders.  I understand it really isn't their fault, and I was going to pre-order this much sooner than I actually ended up doing so. So, it is partially my fault. I would have figured with the positive press the game has received (even prior to the good reviews), as well as quite a lot of fan anticipation Atlus would have known better.   Atlus even seemed to promote the game. Much more than any other title of their's, that I can recall anyway.
Atlus sends and has limited supply, they have always done it that way. They usually only send as many as people actually want, and when you get lat on the bandwagon this does cause hiccups of having to re-figure how many people want. It sounds like a lot of people last minuted thier orders and things just got messed up with them trying to fill them which get's people who did preorder before that screwed as well.
  • 124 results