259 Comments
Posted by Tha36thchamber

I want to get my friends together and play this game for money. Everyone goes in cold.

Posted by Colonel_Fury

They see me trollin, they hatin.

Posted by mfpantst
@bko: I love your cynical assumption that they'll make fun of the game because it's for kids, not because it's actually a terrible product.
Posted by jay35

The tourettes outburst at Fur-st Down was hilarious :D

Posted by mbr

A scottsman playing american football with dogs in a skatepark, in Paris..... The magic and majesty of videogames.

Posted by spiceninja
@JayCee said:
You what, I'll say it. Better then Madden.
You mean better THAN Madden? I don't even know what better then Madden even means.
Posted by JackiJinx

I was really hoping to see one of the peeing touchdowns or an interference with squirrels, like it's suppose to :(

Posted by steelknight2000

Please don't tell Michael Vick about dog football.

Posted by Rorie

@bko said:

I'm disappointed at what a black hole of cynicism this whole site -- community included -- has become. Not defending the game, but it's clear you popped in yet another kids game simply for purposes of making fun of it, which of course all the GB fanboys will lap up in the comments. You guys might be getting too old for this.

I would've loved to love this game. As it is, it's just not very good. The controls are abjectly confusing and it doesn't use the Wii motion controller in any necessary way. It's responsiveness is very bad.

"Kid's game" doesn't have to equal "bad game." ESPECIALLY NOT WHEN THE PREMISE IS SO GOSH-DARN ADORABLE.

Staff
Posted by BaconGames

You're...you're telling me people are defending this game? HAHAHAHA. This is some game of the year material alright.

Posted by buckybit

I can't believe I watched this - all of it. #80 Jerry Rice still has power over me.

Posted by JayCee

You what, I'll say it. Better then Madden.

Posted by Milkman

@bko said:

@louiedog: The community is a mix of whiners, cynics, crabs, people who repeat Bombcast jokes ad nauseam, and creepy people who send the guys gifts because they don't have friends of their own. Why would I want to be a part of that?

Then here's a idea. Fuck off.

Anyways, this Quick Look was hilarious.

"FUR-ST DOWN!"

"FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK YOU"

Posted by jorbear

@MariachiMacabre: I guess you could say I was...

FUR-st.

Posted by Death_Burnout

Paws screen!

Posted by Cereal_Killa
@leebmx: Thank god! As a Scotsman I thought I was the only one who would notice.
Posted by gosukiller
@craigbo180 said:
@bko said:
I'm disappointed at what a black hole of cynicism this whole site -- community included -- has become.  Not defending the game, but it's clear you popped in yet another kids game simply for purposes of making fun of it, which of course all the GB fanboys will lap up in the comments. You guys might be getting too old for this.
Nice Shakespeare theater.
I think they would've made fun of a game like this werther it was aimed at kids or not.  

Kids like great games too. 
Posted by craigbo180
@bko said:
I'm disappointed at what a black hole of cynicism this whole site -- community included -- has become.  Not defending the game, but it's clear you popped in yet another kids game simply for purposes of making fun of it, which of course all the GB fanboys will lap up in the comments. You guys might be getting too old for this.
Nice Shakespeare theater.
Posted by louiedog
@bko said:
@louiedog: The community is a mix of whiners, cynics, crabs, people who repeat Bombcast jokes ad nauseam, and creepy people who send the guys gifts because they don't have friends of their own. Why would I want to be a part of that?
If you don't like it either leave or participate and try to make it a place that you think is better. Sitting on the side lines and telling everyone you're better doesn't help anything, it just makes you an unpleasant person.
Posted by Fistfulofmetal

"The Rice Around" is that some pun on "reach around"? That's not rated E!

Posted by Mezmero

DONDAKE?!

Posted by Vexxan

Most anticipated Quick Look to this date!

Edited by brehonia

This game doesn't look completely terrierble, might see if I can russell up some extra cash for it once I've finished Collie of Duty.

Posted by Aegon

Laughing at the crab in the loading screen. 

Edited by ryanwho

Rorie is the worst dog football player. He'd never last in the Platinum League.

Posted by Aegon

"I think I like him better blonde" Um...it kind of makes it look like he's wearing a hard candy yellow spiky hat. 

Edited by Curufinwe
@bko said:
Ask yourself, not us.  Because here you are, posting on Giant Bomb.  No one will miss you if you leave.
Posted by Phoenix778m

It's funny because Cynic is Greek for Dog-Like. "Jerry Rice and Nitus' Cynical Football."

Posted by Metal_Mills

They ripped off AC/DC's jailbreak at 8:48

Posted by leebmx

According to Wikepidia, Nitus "are small matter, which fall into a person's ear and go to their brain. They do not kill, but are said to feed like maggots on the memory and create tiredness and forgetfulness." 
 Thought you might be interested.

Posted by MariachiMacabre

@jorbear said:

Goddammit this was the exact thing I was going to post

Posted by brehonia

This isn't a very nice conv-alsatian, you guys should just pull the pug on it here.

Posted by Tesla

Hahaha, yes! It's the quick look you've all been waiting for!!

Posted by snowsk8

next up Kobe Bryants "Kitty cats can't hurt me".

Posted by leebmx
@bko said:
Go away then? Maybe find a site you like? Just a couple of suggestions.
Posted by Construc

Why would you waste time on this and not have a quick look for El Shaddai, a game I actually want to see.

Edited by Lockeyness
@bko said:

Wait, you're criticizing the site for being cynical and your post is cynical itself. What's going on here? Cynicism within cynicism? Did you have to go deeper? Or are you just trying to actively antagonize members of the community? 

Edit: Yep, nailed it.
Posted by bko
Posted by Taklulas
@bko said:
So why are you even here? Go back to 4chan or Reddit. Goddamn failure. 
Posted by Nottle

Next time someone needs to get the "FIRST" quest, just type FUR-ST.

Posted by MisterMouse
@jorbear said:
THIS!
Posted by skrutop

Holy crap did it take a long time for you to get into the game!

Posted by Slurpelve
@Seraphim84 said:

Dog football starring Jeff Furstmann, Matt Ruffrie, and Dave Schnauzer!

Good one
Posted by louiedog
@bko said:
I just looked at your activity. In 2 years you've made 23 posts. Looking back, it looks like a lot of them are complaints about other people. You certainly don't appear to want to belong to the community, yet you feel entitled to constantly criticize the members. Why are you even here? What's the point?
Posted by empfeix

This opens the door for Vicks dogfighting game!  Can't wait!

Posted by Shisnopi

i CANT TAKE THE PUNS!

Posted by Scodiac

Of course, Matt Rorie is in this quick look. How could I have not seen that coming?

Posted by MattClassic

I wonder what a Michael Vick version of this would be like... probably a lot like every Pokemon game.

Edited by MormonWarrior
@bko said:

And...there's something wrong with making fun of shovelware? Some of the most entertaining quick looks are the ridiculously horrible Wii games that you already know are terrible. It's humor, man. Most humor is making fun of something at some level.

EDIT: Is everyone at Whiskey Media colorblind? I mean, seriously...it's like an epidemic or something. Only Ryan and Brad seem to see color.
Posted by Seraphim84

Dog football starring Jeff Furstmann, Matt Ruffrie, and Dave Schnauzer!