259 Comments
Posted by Rorie

@bko said:

I'm disappointed at what a black hole of cynicism this whole site -- community included -- has become. Not defending the game, but it's clear you popped in yet another kids game simply for purposes of making fun of it, which of course all the GB fanboys will lap up in the comments. You guys might be getting too old for this.

I would've loved to love this game. As it is, it's just not very good. The controls are abjectly confusing and it doesn't use the Wii motion controller in any necessary way. It's responsiveness is very bad.

"Kid's game" doesn't have to equal "bad game." ESPECIALLY NOT WHEN THE PREMISE IS SO GOSH-DARN ADORABLE.

Staff
Posted by steelknight2000

Please don't tell Michael Vick about dog football.

Posted by JackiJinx

I was really hoping to see one of the peeing touchdowns or an interference with squirrels, like it's suppose to :(

Posted by spiceninja
@JayCee said:
You what, I'll say it. Better then Madden.
You mean better THAN Madden? I don't even know what better then Madden even means.
Posted by mbr

A scottsman playing american football with dogs in a skatepark, in Paris..... The magic and majesty of videogames.

Posted by jay35

The tourettes outburst at Fur-st Down was hilarious :D

Posted by mfpantst
@bko: I love your cynical assumption that they'll make fun of the game because it's for kids, not because it's actually a terrible product.
Posted by Colonel_Fury

They see me trollin, they hatin.

Posted by Tha36thchamber

I want to get my friends together and play this game for money. Everyone goes in cold.

Posted by whitesox
@bko said:
@louiedog: The community is a mix of whiners, cynics, crabs, people who repeat Bombcast jokes ad nauseam, and creepy people who send the guys gifts because they don't have friends of their own. Why would I want to be a part of that?
My biggest problem with this community is the incessant repetition of bombcast jokes.  LOL ZOJIRUSHI GUISE. 

Other than that, I am perfectly ok with making fun of this game.  
Edited by powerpc127
@brehonia said:

This game doesn't look completely terrierble, might see if I can russell up some extra cash for it once I've finished Collie of Duty.

If I was wearing more than boxers at the moment, then I would go pick this up right now. I'm a real wii shovelware hound, so I'd probably love a piece of shih tzu like this. My friends (Jack, Russell, and Terry) and I have sort of gotten a collection of bad wii games going. There's just something charming about their pugly graphics. I buy pretty much any game I can get my paws on. Then again, I think my attention spaniel is a little too short for such a detailed game of football. Besides, it just rained and I'd hate to step in a lingering poodle and get all wet on the way to the store. I guess I'll wait for it to hit the barkgain bin. Or I could borrow it from my neighbor, Bernard. He's a real saint, so I'm sure he'll let me.

What a bunch of dirty, rottweilen puns.
Posted by jelekeloy

For everyone giving them shit about covering kids' games, please remember that it's August. Also, I think their interest for this game started at E3 where, if I remember correctly, it was brought to their attention by some aggressive PR people.

Posted by Siphillis

Among the top five Wii games releasing this year.

Posted by JayCee
@PlasmaBeam44 said:
@JayCee said:
You mean better THAN Madden? I don't even know what better then Madden even means.
And in unison, my English teachers of yore all silently shake their heads in sadness and disappointment. 
Curse you then/than... curse you!
Posted by Popogeejo
@mbr: A Scotsman represented by a four leaf clover no less.
Posted by Rukus

"Hey Matt Rorie..." oh yes this will be great

Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG
@bko said:
@louiedog: The community is a mix of whiners, cynics, crabs, people who repeat Bombcast jokes ad nauseam, and creepy people who send the guys gifts because they don't have friends of their own. Why would I want to be a part of that?
then dont be a part of it.  and why didnt you answer the question?  why are you here?
Posted by Slaneesh

We need an Arf concept page

Posted by MachoFantastico

Burst out laughing when I saw the formation of dogs! As amazing as I'd hope it would be.

It's awesome when there's no games coming out, we get quick looks like this.

Posted by Pabba

+2 ARF!

Posted by YOUNGLINK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitus

Posted by m0rdr3d

It's a Wii game clearly geared for kids... Let's have Rorie on talking about licking ass and nutsacks!
Posted by chilibean_3

Those controls are unfortunate. Like, who's going to play this game? People who probably don't play a lot of complicated games. So make the controls easy and straight forward. And maybe responsive. Responsive would be good.

Posted by Slaker117
@powerpc127 said:
@brehonia said:

This game doesn't look completely terrierble, might see if I can russell up some extra cash for it once I've finished Collie of Duty.

If I was wearing more than boxers at the moment, then I would go pick this up right now. I'm a real wii shovelware hound, so I'd probably love a piece of shih tzu like this. My friends (Jack, Russell, and Terry) and I have sort of gotten a collection of bad wii games going. There's just something charming about their pugly graphics. I buy pretty much any game I can get my paws on. Then again, I think my attention spaniel is a little too short for such a detailed game of football. Besides, it just rained and I'd hate to step in a lingering poodle and get all wet on the way to the store. I guess I'll wait for it to hit the barkgain bin. Or I could borrow it from my neighbor, Bernard. He's a real saint, so I'm sure he'll let me.  What a bunch of dirty, rottweilen puns.
I feel like I need to acknowledge this comment because clearly some effort went into it, so someone should, but that doesn't mean you're not a bad person for making it.
Posted by heav3nzwarrior

I don't know why but I would give this game a try

Posted by Benny

Scottish team with a 4 leaf clover and predominant green colour?...

Posted by Vitor

@MisuseOfLasers said:

Of course Matt Rorie is involved in this. Of course.

How many puppies does he give this game and which ones does he eat up first?! Now to watch the video and find out...

Posted by djames216

I know the Game's attempt at dog puns was half hearted at best, but I can't believe it didn't use Arf-Time.

Posted by Rorie

@chilibean_3 said:

Those controls are unfortunate. Like, who's going to play this game? People who probably don't play a lot of complicated games. So make the controls easy and straight forward. And maybe responsive. Responsive would be good.

There's no reason for this game to require Wii motions. I would've had a much better time holding the controller sideways and using it like that.

Staff
Posted by ShaggE

"Out of Bow-Wow-nds".  

I now understand Ryan's violent reaction to puns. That's just on a whole new level of arf-ful.

Posted by Rudeboy217

I always get my circus ska pants on!

Posted by Warchief

would have been better if the title was michael vick dog football.

Posted by SleepyDoughnut

The fonts in the game have no rhyme or reason to them.

Posted by Zicdab

12:25-12:28  If someone could loop that, it would be appreciated.

Posted by coakroach

Did....did that man just get sacked by a yorkie?

Posted by briangodsoe

man, this kind of shit makes me think everybody else is right and Ninty should just go software only. Goddamn wii...

Posted by Landon

This isn't a game for kids. It's a game for anyone dumb enough to buy it.

Edited by sissylion

I'm fairly certain that the Rock N'Bark Arena is the same arena from that ...On Ice! episode of Fairly Oddparents.  

The Scottish guy's song is just a really bad version of Animal Collective's "My Girls." Christ.

Edited by chilibean_3

@Rorie said:

@chilibean_3 said:

There's no reason for this game to require Wii motions. I would've had a much better time holding the controller sideways and using it like that.

Yup. Or if the "guiding the dog with a treat" is that important to them then at least just make the A button hike, pass, kick and everything else. The awkward motion control is just so reminiscent of all the bad, early Wii games. I had thought devs realized it was a bad idea to force the motion controls but guess I was mistaken.

Or maybe if you have a big football name on the game that person's main input is to "make it feel like you're really throwing the ball".

Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror

@JayCee said:

@PlasmaBeam44 said:
@JayCee said:
And in unison, my English teachers of yore all silently shake their heads in sadness and disappointment. Curse you then/than... curse you!

It's a ubiquitous and stupid typo which is so easy to learn to fix and yet people seemingly get away with it.

Edited by MagikGimp

FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Also, why clovers? They're not even four-leafed either.

Posted by drumpsycho89

does anyone not notice the 4 leaf clover is NO SCOTTISH!!!! its irish u guys!!

Posted by GoldenGlove
@RhombusOfTerror said:

@JayCee said:

@PlasmaBeam44 said:
@JayCee said:
And in unison, my English teachers of yore all silently shake their heads in sadness and disappointment. Curse you then/than... curse you!

It's a ubiquitous and stupid typo which is so easy to learn to fix and yet people seemingly get away with it.

Probably because it's easier to ignore then it is to get upset about.
Posted by Sogeman

Spongebob font

Posted by ariastama

It's a shame I can't find this on gamefly.

Posted by Elvenstein

I lost it at FUR-ST DOWN.

Posted by Linkster7

Instant classic QL.

It was out of Bow-Wow-nds.

Sorry.

Posted by FinalDasa

PUPPIES

Posted by MariachiMacabre

@jorbear said:

@MariachiMacabre: I guess you could say I was...

FUR-st.

God damn you...sir. God damn you.

Posted by creiij

Anyone who buys this should get a horrible decease, like a bad cough and diarrhea...