167 Comments
  • 167 results
Posted by Oscar__Explosion

I really wish they would have kept the vs screen the same in this video rather than have two identical copies of the screen for each player.

Posted by kamenlidaa

this looks cool!

just bought it, will play now.

Posted by Xymox

I don't like word-games because they always have words that "are not words" even if they are. And they usually don't allow for profanity even though they're pulling words from a dictionary... A word suggestion feature is needed, especially if it's patchable.  Other than that, looks kinda cool. 

Posted by Blackout62

What would Douglas Adams be in this game and who do I call to get him implemented.

Posted by beanZfury

Chris Tolkien would be the literary version of Dan from Street Fighter. All lame moves and rehash.

Edited by RenegadeSaint

Brad: "I just went through this entire Quick Look not realizing the letters were weighted."

*sigh*

Posted by Quacktastic
@ryanwho said:
@EuanDewar said:

@Snapstacle said:

@HS21 said:

@crusader8463 said:

Keep the iphone crap to tested.
*Golf Clap*

clapclapclap

ClapClapClap

1,2,3 4! 4 babies!
Ah ah ah.
Posted by SuperJoe

Will could've spelled "DOMINEERS" at 5:36

Edited by ProfessorEss

Excited to check this out, would've really liked to have gotten a peek at the single player campaign.  

Posted by craigymail

Looks good, hope they have customisation stuff, like typography and boards and stuff.

Posted by vinsanityv22

This game looks awesome. But man, is Brad NOT THE GUY TO GO TO for stuff like this:) Poor Brad. I wonder if he's really a terrible gamer, constantly getting off-focus, second guessing himself. Or if he just really has a hard time playing and talking at the same time...'cuz you know, everyone else didn't seem to have a problem.  Brad should never be in charge of a Quick Look that involves competition. Anyone remember the Red Faction Battlegrounds QL?

One of these days, I'm gonna see a QL where Brad is playing competent, and is very eloquent and knowledgeable about the game he's playing (or absorbing information the developer is telling him). And I'm gonna be able to say, "I was there when it happened, my friends. I've seen it!".

Posted by Xpgamer7

Definitely getting this for android.

Posted by Klaimore

Evo '12 is going to be off the wall!!

Posted by Hardtarget

what the crap, ipad quicklooks?!

Posted by Movius

Did I just see "ti" not accepted as a word? Appalling! My scrabble dictionary is rolling in its grave.

Posted by JJOR64

Looks great. Wonder how well this would work if it came to 3DS.

Posted by PandaBear

@H2Oyea said:

@ryanwho said:
@EuanDewar said:

@Snapstacle said:

@HS21 said:

@crusader8463 said:

*Golf Clap*

clapclapclap

ClapClapClap

1,2,3 4! 4 babies!
What the fuck does any of this mean?

As if covering an upcoming game on an extremely popular platform isn't what Giant Bomb should be about.

Posted by SSully

@Gramiero said:

Man, I don't have an iDevice, but if I did... I would buy this. It looks really well done!

It is coming out on android as well, if that helps you.

I am looking forward to this, I will get it for android when it comes out.

Posted by dropabombonit

Looks pretty cool

Posted by Aegon
@ryanwho said:
@EuanDewar said:

@Snapstacle said:

@HS21 said:

@crusader8463 said:

*Golf Clap*

clapclapclap

ClapClapClap

1,2,3 4! 4 babies!
What the fuck does any of this mean?
Posted by emem

@Mars_Cleric said:

if I had a device to play it, I would totally buy this

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. It looks great.

Edited by ryanwho
@EuanDewar said:

@Snapstacle said:

@HS21 said:

@crusader8463 said:

*Golf Clap*

clapclapclap

ClapClapClap

1,2,3 4! 4 babies!
Posted by EuanDewar

@Snapstacle said:

@HS21 said:

@crusader8463 said:
*Golf Clap*

clapclapclap

ClapClapClap

Posted by Vrikk

Looks decent, but I don't know if I would play it for a long time.

Edited by Phished0ne

YO THEY NEED TO ADD HUNTER S THOMPSON AS A DLC CHARACTER! 

...instead of letters he throws bottles of Wild Turkey. 

He also does quadruple damage if you spell the word "Nazi". (on a side note, i wonder why they didnt do that with the powers...give each character a certain word or set of words that are associated with their writing style and use them as "power triggers")

Posted by MeatSim

Words are more deadly then sticks and stones.

Posted by rmanthorp

PROBRADSUPPORTER

Posted by HorseMeatRider

"Hap"? "Pah"? "Mels"? Based on the developer's playstyle, it looks like they have an overly-inclusive dictionary, and an effective player just shits out random strings of letters really quickly hoping it's some outdated plural latin abbreviation.

Posted by Gen_Discomfort

Just wanted to say that the videos thru the mobile site are knd of broken again on iPad.

Posted by HS21
@Tarsier said:
@HS21 said:
Brad: I went through the entire Quick Look not knowing the letters were weighted.  Developer: I EVEN SAID!  Brad: I only heard half the things said during this Quick Look.    Brad is trolling everyone. 
no hes not. not everyone is a troll like you. he was playing A WORD GAME. he was paying attention to the words on the screen and trying to do an interview at the same time.
Alright Brad's alt account. 
Posted by Tarsier
@HS21 said:
Brad: I went through the entire Quick Look not knowing the letters were weighted.  Developer: I EVEN SAID!  Brad: I only heard half the things said during this Quick Look.    Brad is trolling everyone. 
no hes not. not everyone is a troll like you. he was playing A WORD GAME. he was paying attention to the words on the screen and trying to do an interview at the same time.
Posted by dudeglove

@Lepton said:

Another classic Brad quote: "I went through this whole thing not realizing the letters are weighted." Does he say this stuff on purpose??!!

He's trolling. He has to be. Off camera he claims to have reached diamond league in Starcraft 2's multi, and he hit no.1 in the leaderboards on Bastion. On camera he goes into derp mode.

Posted by dudeglove

HELEN KELLER!

Edited by Roddykat

@avantegardener said:

More than a hint of the Bookworm Adventure about this, no bad thing!

This! Can't wait until it comes to Android.

Posted by FCKSNAP

@HS21 said:

@crusader8463 said:
*Golf Clap*

clapclapclap

Posted by TruthTellah

The developer really did a great job here.  I wasn't that interested at first, but his love for the game and thoughtfulness for how it would actually be enjoyed made me appreciate it more and more.  Quick Look EX's like this are fantastic when the developer is so on-board. :)

Edited by Thor_Molecules

BOOM SHAKALAKA!

Great quicklook! Will Smith is ALWAYS welcome on the Bomb.

Posted by Mars_Cleric

if I had a device to play it, I would totally buy this

Posted by HS21
@crusader8463 said:
*Golf Clap*
Posted by HS21

Brad: I went through the entire Quick Look not knowing the letters were weighted. 

Developer: I EVEN SAID! 

Brad: I only heard half the things said during this Quick Look.  

Brad is trolling everyone. 

Posted by Mr_Skeleton

@mbr2 said:

först

That's not a word!

I think...

Is it?

Posted by BabyChooChoo

I always love it when they manage to get a designer/developer whose really into the quick look. This guy was really cool and I'll definitely be picking this up when it hits Android.

Posted by ThePhilatron

Sold!

Posted by Tikicobra

I love iPhone and iPad games, and this looks really awesome. I love the developer in this video, too. He's great at quick looks. 

I'm getting this.

Posted by EndlessMike

Triple damage seems pretty busted.

Posted by Fuga

"P-o-r-n--- quick backspaces"

Posted by MrKlorox

"Hey I want this, oh wait... I have to buy an Apple device. Guess I don't."

Edited by Afroman269

@OllyOxenFree said:

@crusader8463 said:

Dammit, crusader8463...

lol at the iOS games haters.

Posted by craigbo180

If I had an Ipad I would buy this game day one.

Posted by vr00m

Port this to webOS please.

• 167 results