175 Comments
  • 175 results
Posted by Evenstar

It looks pretty good. I might buy it one day or at least play it.

Posted by Gamer_152

This game doesn't look amazing to me, but there are much worse directions the Bloodrayne franchise could have gone in.

Posted by MeatSim

They should have hired Jeff as the announcer for this game.

Posted by litrock

Kind of unfortunate that Ryan didn't look into how the game works enough to figure out that you can infect and then explode enemies with the bite. It's one of the best parts of combat completely not touched on.

Posted by SejsCube

Kinda sad that this is the best looking Bloodrayne game I've ever seen.

On the other hand, this one actually looks fun to play.  So, hooray!  Hooray?

Posted by ZmillA

ryan always jams on dem sticks so loud

Posted by jakob187
@daltimond
Note to other bombers: dont try to eat food while watching this quicklook. I instantly regretted it. 
Why not?
Edited by Palaeomerus

Wow. It's like the fanciest Castlevania game ever with a soundtrack that sort of sounds like what would happen if  Queen and the Scorpions got together and had a music baby.  

Posted by ShadyMarino

Girl I'm gonna give you the crab puncher...

Wait...what?

Posted by RandomInternetUser

It looks so very, very good, but the gameplay doesn't seem all that amazing.   

@SatelliteOfLove said:

WHOA @ that blade trail distortion.   
First thing I noticed - that is a really great effect.
Posted by Fleppie
@SteveTabernacle said:
Can you imagine a Castlevania game done in this style?  Get on it, Konami.
Oh man, that'd be AWESOME!!
Posted by SteveTabernacle

Can you imagine a Castlevania game done in this style?  Get on it, Konami.

Posted by rmanthorp

@HerbieBug said:

...oh. When the silhouette turned into a regularly lit cartoon person I was disappointed. :(

Yup. Looks like a bad flash game up close.

Posted by Bouke

Looks pretty cool, but i´m not sure if this is for me...
Posted by MaFoLu

I like how she slowfalls up when she falls off the Crab Puncher.

Also, isn't she a Dhampir? Yes, it's a very important difference...

Posted by HerbieBug

...oh.  When the silhouette turned into a regularly lit cartoon person I was disappointed.  :(

Posted by laserbolts

This actually looks pretty good considering the other bloodrayne games were shit.

Posted by TheHakku

Correction: Not a vampire, a dhampir.

Love BR, love this. Hopefully in ten years we'll see an HD collection!

Posted by Cold_Wolven

Never played the other BloodRayne games but totally digging the look and sound of this game.

Posted by big_jon

I liked the original BloodRayne.

Posted by SatelliteOfLove

WHOA @ that blade trail distortion. 

Wayforward!

Posted by Metal_Mills

What awful music. It's like some garbage nightwish shit a nerd thought would be cool. Heavy metal has some places in video games, nightwish rip offs have none.

Edited by HorseMeatRider

Really great quick look! This game looks pretty cool for what it is. The animation is quite decent, and it's a good direction to go with the Bloodrayne license, stylistically. Gameplay seems shallow, but tight enough to work well.

Posted by teh_destroyer

Boobs+blood= usually a good thing.

Posted by Soap

This looks way better than I thought it would be.

Posted by AuthenticM

The next logical step for them is to basically rip-off Symphony of the Night, and I'm totally okay with that.

Posted by oasisbeyond

Can you put the music down? If not... wow my head.
Posted by Rolyatkcinmai

This looks surprisingly cool.

Posted by MrKlorox

@Max_Hydrogen said:

revamp

Heh

Posted by Max_Hydrogen

I was waiting for them to make a Castlevania comparison and something tells me they were trying to suppress that. Might as well call it Castlevania Unauthorized: Now You Are The Vampire! Strange, whenever they play a beat'em up, they always lament how beat'em ups are dead and boring and nobody wants to play them anymore... Those enemies jumping from the foreground reminded me of the fist battle against Shredder in TMNT IV: a beat'em up they don't like playing.

The game looks really nice; I like the motion blur on some of her moves and the background parallax scrolling was neat. I'm unfamiliar with the Bloodrayne series so I don't know I should feel about the 2D comic book adaptation but just on its own merit: the one level shown suggests that this a well made revamp of a classic genre if a little too reminiscent of Castlevania. The music is good too.

As long as Uwe Boll has nothing to do with this...

Edited by MrKlorox

Damn, this music is fucking great. Trumps anything Castlevania has had since SOTN.

Konami needs to hire these guys to make the next Castlevania, because this is slick. Just needs a grid map and abilities as keys.

@Mumrik said:

Yeah! A QL where Jeff's attitude is positive!

Not only that, but there was metal without him going "Jung jung jung-jung jung."

Posted by Nizzleworth

"When I grow out my mustache, they call me fat 'Fat Magnum'". I love you, Jeff.

Posted by SuperfluousMoniker

This looks great. Nice Castlevania vibe. Day one

Posted by Beechbone

I'm one of the few rare people who actually loved every minute of the original Terminal Reality's BloodRayne. Obviously hated the movies which are unbearable. Still kinda undecided about this 2D iteration, need to play the trial for myself.

Edited by ghostNPC

I know making a game can be expensive, but I know cheap freelance artists that are leagues better than whatever artist they hired for the character design in this game. It's like they just picked up someone off deviantart to work on this game.  The animation is good, and something that is always enjoyable, it's a real shame that an amateurish drawn character has been animated so well.

Posted by PimblyCharles

Please keep Uwe Boll away from this one!

Posted by lokey013

Must BUY!!!
Posted by RedCricketChase

"..that's my favorite kind of hugging *grunting sound*"

hopefully i just made some unsuspecting reader want to watch this vid. cus that was a quote from this QL. also i am drunk, if that matters. ok back to lasagna food land mm!

Posted by TheSilentTruth

Loving the music.

Posted by EveretteScott
@VoshiNova said:

I hate this music so much its ridiculous.

I also hate that this game is covered in "heavy metal."

Also, I hate Bloodrayne, yet I'm watching the whole quick look. lol

I hate everything!
Posted by zoozilla

That is some goddamn awesome animation.  It's too bad 2D only works with certain genres of games.

Posted by Sergotron

Wow... I am actually going to buy a BloodRayne game for once.

Posted by Demoskinos

@AssInAss: Yeah, I have the first two game and I'm a fan. I mean, I'll be the first one to admit that they aren't stellar games and both had a good bit wrong with them but they are fun for just chopping up nazis and vampires. I have a few of the comics too as they are actually fairly decently done as well.

And before you ask... no... I haven't watched and never will watch the movies. Ugh. Fucking Uwe Boll.

Posted by the_r0n1n_named_47

had my doubts definatly, cause hey its blood rayne (and i hate 1,2 and definatly the uwe boll made travesties movies). it seriously reminds me of castlevania...and thats a good thing :D

Posted by Subjugation

This looks like a solid game. Good job.

Posted by Mathey

Animation is magic, especially when its got some handdrawn stuff in there. It has that semblance of reality, but filtered through somebody's brain and hand.

Posted by SockLobster
@Juicebox said:
Phew got hewre before konami  bought and renamed this to Castlevania Bloodrayne. Just like that other  game with the castlevania sticker slapped on to the title  whats that name of that subpar god of war clone with generic puzzles???
That game was awesome, it was far closer to classic Castlevania than the SotN clones will ever be, so suck it.
Edited by beard_of_zeus

Looks super slick and pretty fun; I have a soft spot for those first two Bloodrayne games for some crazy reason. Definitely gonna pick this up. Nice job, WayForward!

Also, I'm gonna sound like a crazy person who knows too much about Bloodrayne, but I'm confused as to how those lights hurt her, since she's technically a dhampir (one human parent, one vampire parent). Maybe that just means that lights hurt her less? I forget the specifics of how that works, but for some reason I thought I remembered the fact that lights don't hurt her being pointed out explicitly in the other games. Anyways...carry on, everyone, nothing to see here!

Posted by Tordah

This looks surprisingly sharp. Loving the Castlevania-esque music.

Posted by slayerofheroes

Blood Belmont.

• 175 results