218 Comments
Posted by TheLeamenator

@xXwindoverXx: No, he's not because he only gave Shadows of the Damned a 7 out of 10.

Posted by Foggen

Like a god damned lumberjack.

Posted by m0rdr3d

The movement is so. mind-numbingly. slow. I just can't adjust. This might have to be the first Gears I miss.

Posted by Kordesh

Thanks EPIC, I missed brown and steroids.

Really wish I could understand the appeal around these ultra hyped titles. I mean, yeah, it's a decent action game but the ultra hype around it is just /=

Posted by xXwindoverXx

Ohhhh friends list scoring!

And Arthur Gies is awesome.

Posted by GaspoweR

Woah, I see Arthur Gies' gamertag pop up in the leaderboard. Hehe!

Posted by AmericanNinja

meh. this series got stale after the first game. gears of bore.

Posted by Dtat

Does anyone know if they have plans to release this on PC at some point?

Edited by sixpin

@Meowshi: It is much easier for them to just use arguments from 2006 and pretend that Epic never changes anything.

Edit: Also, this game looks amazing.

Posted by bybeach

Ice-t needs boobs. Otherwise looking foward to this game

Posted by Zamir

i just realized that John DiMaggio does the same voice for Marcus as he does for Fry's Dad on Futurama

Posted by Meowshi

@Buckfitches said:

Just one think irks me about this game.

It's brown. Brown all the time, brown everywhere. Brown sprinkled with grey. Even the foliage and the plants look brown.

Sure it's a war-torn area, but jesus christ, that's just bland as hell, and it bothered me with the first 2 gears games as well. I just don't like it when environments all look the same.

You clearly have not been paying attention. They've shown sequences with much wider color variety to combat this specific critique. Too bad the people criticizing it don't actually pay attention.

Posted by Toodles

Hmm, looks pretty brown. No thanks.

Posted by Superfriend

@Majkiboy said:

Still gears, and still sucks

You seem like you already have made up your mind. Next time don´t watch (and comment on) a QL of a game you know is gonna "suck".

And stop trolling on popular games. That´s so 2009.

Posted by MariachiMacabre
@shinigami420

WOW this looks soooo fucking boring! gears always seems like dumb mindless white trash entertainment

Never not trolling.
Posted by Majkiboy

Still gears, and still sucks

Posted by Mordi

Wat about ze Event Calendar?

Posted by ProjektGill

God, I forgot how much fun the shooting in Gears is.

Posted by Gargantuan

@paulunga said:

That underground going weapon? Yeah, that one was in Fracture. I thought quite a few of Fracture's weapons were quite cool, bummer that the rest of the game was so... bleh.

Warhammer 40k has had a very similar similar weapon called the Mole Mortarsince 1989 I think.

Posted by Kratch

@MildMolasses said:

@shinigami420 said:

WOW this looks soooo fucking boring! gears always seems like dumb mindless white trash entertainment

Dude, you have 420 in your user name. Don't act as though you are somehow in the cultural elite

This made me laugh out loud.

Posted by Afroman269
@nail1080

@Clonedzero said:

@Zace said:

@sn0wman47 said:

You can unlock Ice-T through facebook.

HOW...

go to the gears facebook page, on the side will be a button that says "get griffin", click that, then you have to "Like" the page, then it'll give you a xbox code that you just redeem, its like a 100kb file and it unlocks him for MP for you. i JUST did it after watching the quicklook and finding out how hard he is to unlock without using facebook lol

it really shocks me to see how poorly informed the giantbomb crew are about big titles such as this. DOWNLOADING ICE T FOR FREE USING FACEBOOK HAS BEEN KNOWN TO THE PUBLIC FOR QUITE SOME TIMENOW

There's two versions of him, the second one is where you have to do the crazy shit. The regular version is from Facebook.
Edited by Lifendz

So thats what Brad sounds like during a 49 minute orgasm. I'm sure he needed to change his pants after this.

Posted by Afroman269

I'm curious as to how the average Gears players are playing this. I'll have to wait and see for myself but I was able to easily counter the shotgun rushers in that game. Use that Retro and stay alert, you can down them before they charge at you.

Posted by Crunchman

I suddenly have an urge to emerge.

Posted by paulunga

That underground going weapon? Yeah, that one was in Fracture. I thought quite a few of Fracture's weapons were quite cool, bummer that the rest of the game was so... bleh.

Posted by afrokola

Cannot wait to hear the Bombcast next week with the heavy Gears talk, mad excited for this game!

Posted by nail1080

@Clonedzero said:

@Zace said:

@sn0wman47 said:

HOW...

go to the gears facebook page, on the side will be a button that says "get griffin", click that, then you have to "Like" the page, then it'll give you a xbox code that you just redeem, its like a 100kb file and it unlocks him for MP for you. i JUST did it after watching the quicklook and finding out how hard he is to unlock without using facebook lol

it really shocks me to see how poorly informed the giantbomb crew are about big titles such as this. DOWNLOADING ICE T FOR FREE USING FACEBOOK HAS BEEN KNOWN TO THE PUBLIC FOR QUITE SOME TIMENOW

Posted by PaulKemp

Great vid, this is the game that kicks of this awesome autumn for my part. Disappointed hey didnt show any split screen coop in the QL.

Posted by IceColdGamer

@MildMolasses: Well said.

Posted by MildMolasses

@shinigami420 said:

Dude, you have 420 in your user name. Don't act as though you are somehow in the cultural elite

Posted by Sjupp

COMPRESSION ARTIFACTS.. DURRRRRR

Posted by Clonedzero

@Zace said:

@sn0wman47 said:

HOW...

Posted by SuperSambo

@Halberdierv2 said:

nice, quite enjoyable. although I'm not sure why the guys were getting so excited about locusts popping up from the ground.

Because it looked amazing.

Posted by Halberdierv2

nice, quite enjoyable. although I'm not sure why the guys were getting so excited about locusts popping up from the ground.

Posted by spartan1017

damn this is a lot of gears content.. it's everywhere

Posted by RobotHamster

I Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!!! It's just such a satisfying game to play, I'll be playing this for a lonnnnggg time.

Posted by Tennmuerti

This looks good and not just for a console game.

Posted by Zace

@sn0wman47 said:

HOW...

Posted by Dallas_Raines

@Buckfitches:

Eh, it's more colorful than the first two games.

Posted by MooseyMcMan

Looks rad.

Posted by dropabombonit

Great quick look, going to play this game in co-op with my friend next week so good to see it's awesome

Posted by Thor_Molecules

Just one think irks me about this game.

It's brown. Brown all the time, brown everywhere. Brown sprinkled with grey. Even the foliage and the plants look brown.

Sure it's a war-torn area, but jesus christ, that's just bland as hell, and it bothered me with the first 2 gears games as well. I just don't like it when environments all look the same.

Posted by CookieMonster

Are the bots still terrible?

Posted by ryanwho

I feel like putting a price on ammo is a mistake for horde mode.

Posted by Zaccheus

I tried playing GoW1 on the PC few years back and was just bored out of my mind. I guess it hasn't aged that well. This looks really good but I just dislike the characters and the whole setting for some reason. The broiness of the series is off putting to me and it's nice to hear they are doing something a bit different with this.

Edited by 234r2we232

Oh Jeez. I feel like you invite an ill-informed soundboard to a video and have the same effect as Brad. 

Also, Jeff talking about the conclusion makes me want to avoid the Internet entirely for the next week.

Edited by DougQuaid

Unarmored Marcus?! Why did you show that?! WHY!

Game looks great. I'm so excited to play every single bit of this it!

I feel like all the complaints about shotgun spam in multiplayer from the last games just don't hold up anymore. From what I played of the beta, Epic made all the assault rifles completely savage to counter that.

Posted by dagas

Looks great, but it lost me at Gears of War. I never even played GoW2.

Posted by Glottery

One of the few games that makes me wish I'd have Xboxy, because this looks really enjoyable. Never touched the second one, obviously, but the pc-version of the first one was alright. Though the single-player was a snorefest when compared to playing the campaign with a friend. That was hella fun!

Posted by StoffInator

Do you have to play as Cole? I really don't like him.