72 Comments
  • 72 results
Posted by MuttersomeTaxicab

DUDE.

DUDE.

HOW DID I MISS THIS?!?!?!?!?!??!

BUYING THE MOTHERFUCKING FUCK OUTTA THIS.

Posted by TinyGallon

It would be so awesome if the game utilized BOTH screens like Contra 4 or Yoshi's Island DS. But I'll play through it again anyway, amazing game.

Posted by Eleonjr

Can't wait to get a 3DS!

Posted by Insectecutor

"VVVVVV will never see the light of day on any console" - Brad Shoemaker, Tested podcast episode 87.

Posted by NorseDudeTR

@Cybexx: Wouldn't put it past Nintendo to release a battery powered add-on thing with a V-button .

Posted by Hobosunday

I love this game, I'm so glad I'm going to be able to play this portably.

Edited by Mexican_Brownie

I will buy this and play through it a 3rd time. The music in this game is so amazing.

Posted by MeatSim

A eShop game that might be worth while now that's something.

Posted by JCGamer

Great game. Can't believe I fins Ed the think with the old keyboard. Real game controls would be a real plus for this game.

Posted by Rox360
@TehFlan said:
@Ockman said:

I was banned for "portbegging" on stupid neogaf because I said the fact that this is coming out on 3DS, instead of the xb360 or PS3 is stupid. Seriously fuck the 3DS, this is a horrible platform for this game because 3D wouldn't make it any better, and the screen is too damn small. I wasn't port begging, I'm saying the 3DS fucking sucks.

The screen isn't that small considering you're holding the game like arms-length from your face, and this coming out on a portable platform is pretty cool. I might buy it, depending on the price. I'm not trying to say that you should have been banned from neogaf, but complaining a game is coming out on one platform rather than another seems kind of pointless.
There's also the part where the game runs at a native resolution of 320x240. Screen size is seriously not a problem. Considering it's a bite-sized game that you can play in bite-sized chunks and only need a d-pad and one button for, I think it sounds like a perfect fit for a handheld device.
Posted by ch3burashka

It's interesting that the 3DS has been so supportive, or sought out, by indie devs. First Cave Story, now VVVVVV? Obviously, these are exceptions among Mario and Star Fox and the like, but the news concerning indies has been much more vocal in regards to the 3DS.

Posted by scottygrayskull

Even though I own it twice on PC, if I had a 3DS I'd buy this. As is I'll just keep hoping for an XBLA (with cheevos) release, or at least XBIG.

Edited by UltimAXE

V6 would make such a wonderful portable game. It's so cute and so fun and so quick. Paying 30-40 bucks for a 3DS version when you can get it on steam for 5 dollars seems crazy, but, I dunno. I'd probably still buy it if I owned a 3DS.

Oh. It's Eshop. Smart move.

Posted by KamikazeCaterpillar

Wait just one second. Is there something worthwhile coming to the 3ds? BLASPHEMY!

Posted by RoyCampbell

Anything is welcomed at this point.

Posted by gbrading

The music in VVVVVV was excellent: Really helped to add to that Commodore 64 vibe the whole thing had going for it.

Posted by Bartman3010

Now why isn't this coming to DSi Ware? Honestly you'd be limiting the customer base if you just left it on the 3DS at this point. Unless theres a specific reason to have a 3D mode?

Posted by SeriouslyNow

@Deusoma said:

@SeriouslyNow: Actually he made a lot of very nice points. Now I wish this was an XBLA title too. :(

I dunno, I think "I want this game on XBLA too" would've been just fine. The rest of what he said was garbage.

Posted by Deusoma
@SeriouslyNow: Actually he made a lot of very nice points. Now I wish this was an XBLA title too. :(
Posted by SeriouslyNow

@Ockman said:

@TehFlan said:

@Ockman said:

I was banned for "portbegging" on stupid neogaf because I said the fact that this is coming out on 3DS, instead of the xb360 or PS3 is stupid. Seriously fuck the 3DS, this is a horrible platform for this game because 3D wouldn't make it any better, and the screen is too damn small. I wasn't port begging, I'm saying the 3DS fucking sucks.

The screen isn't that small considering you're holding the game like arms-length from your face, and this coming out on a portable platform is pretty cool. I might buy it, depending on the price. I'm not trying to say that you should have been banned from neogaf, but complaining a game is coming out on one platform rather than another seems kind of pointless.

I'm a person who likes speaking his mind, and I just thought the news of VVVVVV coming to the 3DS to be one of the lamest things I've ever heard. I had already told them that I have played and beaten VVVVVV on the PC. Great game, love an excuse to play it again, but seriously why the hell the 3DS? It's a platform that's not doing too well, and having a game like that on it's download store only is not a very large audience. Hell, if anything, DSiware would be better because the bigger screen of the DSi XL is much nicer, and there's a much larger owner base for the DSi.

I also said that a XB360 or PS3 version would be a greater opportunity for me to convince other people I know to actually buy the game. They sure as hell don't own a 3DS, and have no plans to buy one. Not to mention, achievements and/or trophies is a very attractive thing for this game considering some of the hidden stuff in it. But nope, they went with 3DS...why, I will never know. The game is not even in 16x9, and it will have borders on the sides of the screen so it's 4x3 image fits. Like I said, if anything, DSi would've been better than 3DS for this very reason alone.

Dude, that post was the worst.

Posted by wolf_blitzer85
@Ockman said:

@TehFlan said:

@Ockman said:

I'm a person who likes speaking his mind, and I just thought the news of VVVVVV coming to the 3DS to be one of the lamest things I've ever heard. I had already told them that I have played and beaten VVVVVV on the PC. Great game, love an excuse to play it again, but seriously why the hell the 3DS? It's a platform that's not doing too well, and having a game like that on it's download store only is not a very large audience. Hell, if anything, DSiware would be better because the bigger screen of the DSi XL is much nicer, and there's a much larger owner base for the DSi.

I also said that a XB360 or PS3 version would be a greater opportunity for me to convince other people I know to actually buy the game. They sure as hell don't own a 3DS, and have no plans to buy one. Not to mention, achievements and/or trophies is a very attractive thing for this game considering some of the hidden stuff in it. But nope, they went with 3DS...why, I will never know. The game is not even in 16x9, and it will have borders on the sides of the screen so it's 4x3 image fits. Like I said, if anything, DSi would've been better than 3DS for this very reason alone.

Alright, tell us where the 3DS touched you.
Posted by ZenaxPure

I oddly just played through the PC version for the first time like last week and was totally blown away by how awesome the game was. If I had a 3DS I would totally get it again.

Posted by Trebz

I'll probably get it. Never bought the PC version for whatever reason but the eShop is desperately in need of any games that aren't Let's Golf 3D so I'd be more than glad to represent an audience for them.

Posted by MikeMetal

The only downside to this being on 3DS is it enables you to look like a crazy person on the bus. But it'll take attention away from the guy behind you who's peeing on the seats, so there's that.

Posted by Cybexx

Pfft, the 3DS does not have a 'V' key, what will you use to flip?

Seriously though this seems cool. Don't really know if the eShop will give this a bigger audience though.

Posted by TehFlan
@Ockman said:

Posted by norfair187

Fantastic news! Maybe I'll finally be able to overcome the nightmare which is Veni Vidi Vici. :P

Posted by TheKbob

DSiware too? I'm down. 3DS? A giant "Nothankyou.jpeg".

Edited by Crushed

NERDY LANGUAGE NITPICK: You would gain "masochistic" pleasure from VVVVVV, not "sadistic." Sadism is pleasure at the pain of others, masochism is pleasure at your own pain.

Posted by Mercanis

This game is so much. It has a very simple gimmick, but it's used to great effect. I highly recommend it.

Posted by FreakAche

So when are they going to start announcing 3DS games that I don't already own?

Posted by Abendlaender

It's an awesome game but I never actually thought it was THAT hard.

Veni Vidi Vici is pretty though but the rest was not that hard and Veni Vidi Vici was optional

Posted by Tophat666

@Eujin: Oh you know what I mean, I just found it funny.

Posted by craigbo180

Have it on pc but will buy it for 3DS as well. If VVVVVV is coming out in the E-shop maybe there is hope for good original downloadable games on a Nintendo handheld afterall. This really us terrific news.

Posted by VincentVendetta

You know, normally I should be like "AWESOME!" but VVVVVV is one of the onlly recent PC game I can run properly.

Still, maybe that means I can recommand the game to people who own a 3DS.

Edited by Silver-Streak

@Tophat666: You realize he's still correct, right? 3DS is a handheld. (Edit: While you could say it's a "handheld console", people do not generally associate handheld systems as part of the term "console")

Posted by Tophat666

I love that Brad just said on just yesterday on the Tested podcast that VVVVVV would never come to consoles.

Posted by BrontoThunder

The same people who are porting this to the 3DS are also in talks with Edmund McMillen to bring Binding of Isaac to 3DS too, pretty great.

Also I find it funny that this was announced the day Brad says there's no way VVVVVV will ever be on another console on This is Only a Test

Posted by tourgen

GREAT! This, this right here is what the eshop needs. Get all those great indie platformers, get them on the eshop, with minor mods to make use of the bottom screen. maybe the touch sensor. Awesome move for everyone involved.

Posted by Romination

Sold.

Posted by Rapid

Brad or Will either one of them, I don't remember will have to eat their words (on eggs) for saying VVVVVV

could not be on anything but the PC on the tested podcast lol

Posted by SleepyDoughnut

please don't be overly expensive

Posted by Nights

I'll have to check this out, Nifflas is a genius. Knytt Stories is amazing.

Posted by Contro

Cool, but I'd rather have La Mulana on 3DS.

Posted by Bobafeet

Such good music in that game.

Posted by soupbones

Ug - I just beat it on Mac. If it has enough new content, I'll bite.

Music alone makes it worth a purchase.

Posted by Hosstile17

@Grrbrr: Piracy? Yeah, probably all the piracy.

Posted by RobertOrri
Posted by FoxMulder

Loved that game up until I got to an seemingly impossible part that needed to be completed in order to continue. I tried about a thousand times with no success. Not a bad game, just a very tough and demanding one.

Edited by Grrbrr

But not for the DSi or DSi XL? They both have the dsiware shop, hardware capability and are more popular to my knowledge? Why would they limit it to the 3DS?

• 72 results