72 Comments
  • 72 results
Posted by YOUNGLINK

Does anyone know if this supports local split screen? I've heard on GAF that it doesnt, but I have not seen anything official.

Posted by mariokart64fan

i already got the saturn version of cce and the regular version

Posted by Contro
Posted by seanord

Definitely worth it for the karaoke mode. Was a fun diversion in the arcade, especially w/large parties for those non-gamers.

Posted by MeatSim

Karaoke in a racing game? perfect.

Posted by YoungBuck

I never played it, but I want to know what the fuss is about.

Posted by aldofigueroa

I really enjoyed the Daytona series on my Saturn. I hope they give it the HD remix treatment with the option to play with the original polygon models.

On a side note, it's great to see Sega releasing their Saturn games on the Xbox 360/PS3 and at the price of only $10. Though I still have my Saturn and Daytona, I'll pay $10 to have an updated version with online play.

As long as Sega releases good Saturn games, I'll be buying them!

Posted by miguelkosta76
Posted by Olivaw

DAAAAAAAAAAYTONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Also ROOOLLIIIIIIIIIING STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART

Man, what an awesome game.

Edited by Rmack

This is my first time hearing the song outside of the gum-ridden, 20 year old speakers at my old arcade.

It's fucking weird, man.

Edit: Oh, and I'm gonna buy this.

Posted by Orange_Pork

God I love these games. I have put more hours into the XBLA versions of Outrun 2 and Sega Rally than any other racing game in at least the past decade.

Posted by sirdesmond

This pleases me.

Edited by TeflonBilly

@arch4non said:

I demand a Quick Look!

Karaoke mode Endurance Run!

Posted by TigerDX

Question is, will it be the arcade or Championship Circuit Edition version? Both of the game and the songs!

I need nothing more than super-bright environments, overly-crisp visuals, and super-smooth 60 FPS to bring me back to those 90s arcade sensibilities. Saturn version just wasn't smooth enough! Still, horse.

I mean, HORSE!

Posted by Contro

I'm not going to be in hurry to get this, having bought Guardia Heroes and Radiant Silvergun recently.

Posted by somekindarobot

Sweet, now all I need is the Saturn version of sega rally championship that was on that pack in disc

Posted by Colinpatchin

Can i still race as a horse?

Posted by miva2

When i hear Daytona, my first thought is that crazy pingpong movie.

too good to be true i guess.

Posted by FrostTee

Must have now, great party game

Posted by 1p

That video is awesome!

Posted by kingopork

I really really hope they don't try to make an updated version of the daytona song.

Posted by lunalicrichard

This is already out in europe ! for several weeks now .

Posted by UnbreakableVow

I live right next to Daytona.

Sometimes when people mention Daytona I'm like "Daaaaytooooonaaaaaaaaaaa" and they look at me funny

Uncultured swine

Posted by arch4non

I demand a Quick Look!

Posted by Bribo

Let's go away!

Posted by joelalfaro

At last! An arcade perfect Daytona. I enjoyed it on my Saturn, but I knew it wasnt perfect even then!

Blue, Blue Skies, I seeee!

Posted by SeriouslyNow
Posted by Progman9000

I remember playing this in a racecar in front of a local grocery store when I was a super young. I think they were trying to see who would get the fastest top speed or something. All I remember is ROLLLLING STAAAART!

Also playing 10 player Daytona USA at DisneyQuest in Orlando over and over again has a very special place in my heart.

So what I'm trying to say is, the sooner this comes out, the better.

Posted by TheWorstComputerEver

One of my all time favorites coming to XBLA and PSN with a karaoke mode? Count me in! This is easily a day one purchase for me!

Posted by CounterShock

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG SSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTT

Posted by drewbert
Staff
Posted by Gold_Skulltulla

The Daytona theme has been my alarm clock on my phone for the past year. I wake up to this bliss every day. Better than breakfast!

Posted by North6

We can't eat, We can't eat, We can't eat.... We eat cake.

Posted by DeltaDreamer

I'll likely get it for the nostalgia. 

Posted by DeltaDreamer

I loved this game. Had it for the PC, I liked the fact you could ride a horse in the console version. And the music is forever horribly epic. I may get it just for the nostalgia

Posted by ApolloBob

I once visited Daytona Beach and just screamed "DAYYYYYYTONAAAAAAAAA" over and over until I was forcibly removed from the area. True story (not a true story).

Posted by GirlsGeneration

Daaaaytonaaaaa! it's time to burn some rubber!

Posted by EuanDewar
Posted by ZmillA

rolling starrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt

Posted by jewunit

Rolling gooooooooooo.....wait......wrong series.

Posted by YOUNGLINK

ROLLLLING START!

Posted by Rekt_Hed

ohhhhh man I remember playing this in the Arcade thinking this was the future of racing games.......i was a child back then but god damn it looked slick.

I played this on the dreamcast when I was older and just thought 'what the fuck was wrong with me'

..kinda excited for this..I think.  

Posted by JamesJeux007

"Probably worth paying the $10 just for the karaoke mode."

Yep, definetly. Insta-buy ! This is my childhood, right there. I'm so happy to see that I'm not the only one to remember this awesome soundtrack (and game) after more than 15 years... Actually, this makes me feel old xD

DAYTONA, LET'S GO AWAY !

Posted by Airickson

I don't understand what any of this means, yet I find it really cool.

Posted by johnsonic7

I own and have played the dreamcast version for years, so online multiplayer and updated visuals seems like pretty good deal.

Posted by Th3_James

Oh man, Daytona was the shit.

Posted by xq

"If you sing the theme song to Sega's Daytona USA and all you get is killed, count yourself lucky." -Jerry Holkins

Edited by TeflonBilly

I love that vid. I saw Rony Barrak play percussion live with a symphony orchestra few years ago, he's pretty amazing.

I also remember back in teh day I would pop in the Sega Saturn disc of Daytona USA in a CD player to listen to these rocking tracks.

I wanna fly-ay-ay sky hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh!

Posted by Atom

I wonder which version they are emulating for this...

Posted by Hailinel
@patrickklepek

@Little_Socrates said:

You are joking about the karaoke mode, right?

I haven't played Daytona USA in forever.

Nope! Totally serious.

GOTY for all years confirmed.
  • 72 results