126 Comments
  • 126 results
Posted by vikingdeath1

Sigh... I will forever remember this QL as the one that spoiled the VERY LAST PLOT POINT of this game for me..... I had gone through the entire game armed with the spoiled knowledge and SO much made sense, it wasn't a 100% enjoyable experience because all the little moments they try and confuse you or hint at what's really happening didn't have any impact on me....

Still a great game though! i'm replaying it now!

Posted by vikingdeath1

Sigh... I will forever remember this QL as the one that spoiled the VERY LAST PLOT POINT of this game for me..... I had gone through the entire game armed with the spoiled knowledge and SO much made sense, it wasn't a 100% enjoyable experience because all the little moments they try and confuse you or hint at what's really happening didn't have any impact on me....

Still a great game though! i'm replaying it now!

Posted by kerse

The combat really clicked for me in this game, I stopped hitting the x button so much and started only pressing it when I was actually gonna be able to attack enemies which led to almost every hit being critical and then I was constantly using the insta ko ability on the dudes who gave me trouble and stunning crowds of enemies with the bat swarm. I can't imagine how frustrating and annoying these games would be just button mashing. I never really got into using the gadgets in battle though, that would probably make it even better.

Posted by Twinblade34

This combat system looks and feels incredible, i would love to see this "freeflow" combat system used on more games.

Posted by Scotto

Considering the game supports multiple save files, they really should have just started a new game for the purposes of this video. Watching Jeff aimlessly glide around and fight guys for no real reason, was kind of boring.

Great game though. Been slowly working my way through all 400 of the Riddler trophies, and there are some interesting story beats in the side missions, that could set up interesting stuff for the next game. Particularly the Identity Theft and Mysterious Watcher missions.

- Scott

Posted by Aarny91

@ArbitraryWater said:

I never actually finished Arkham Asylum. For as much praise as that game got, I never quite found the GOTY material people were raving about, especially in the combat department. I imagine this game will be the same way.

I actually had to rush through it to finish it. It really wasn't that good.

Posted by ALavaPenguin

I really enjoyed the first game...

This game just actively disinterests me.

Posted by rethla

I will never get used to that super heavy cloak clipping and bad physics covering half the screen 100% of the time.

Posted by clumsyninja1

Love the penguin accent. Nolan North is a man with MANY akills. Can wait for the future dlc, hopefully the skins are cheap

Edited by Lazyaza

Finished the main story mere hours ago, god was it amazing from start to finish. Still so much side stuff I didn't do as well that I'm saving for the pc version.

Posted by JBrosk89

Love it.

Edited by Nicholas

"...if you kill him."

Posted by MooseyMcMan

Hey, they went back and edited out the spoiler! You guys are great (though I wish they had done it sooner, but I guess that's my fault for watching the Quick Look in the first place).

Posted by Addfwyn

I'm curious about this, never played the first one, don't usually like open worlds (excepting inFamous) and I have an active dislike for the batman franchise (or western superheros in general) but I've also heard generally good things about the gameplay itself.

The fact that the open world isn't a crux of the game, and is more just a venue for getting between places is a good thing, and the traversal seems decent. I'm wondering how this might be for somebody who knows nothing about Batman, if it can stand on its own merits or if it really is better to be familiar with the fiction behind it.

Edited by Eraser74

Is there a day and night cycle? I find that important in open world games, I doubt that Batman has it however. That is a shame. But understandable in a story context, I guess.

It´s probably a really great game, as was the first one, but since I can only afford one game for at least two months, I will go with Elder Scrolls Skyrim. That is giving me more game for my money and is, at least for me, the contestant for game of the year.

Posted by Evenstar

I have not played the first game, but this looks amazing. I like that you fight and not use weapons.

Posted by J_Rad

I have yet to play the first one -- the sequel seems overwhelming, but awesome.

Posted by ma_rc_01

@Spartan117Tron said:

Nolan North is one of the Guards lol

Nolan North is The Penguin too bro

Posted by Meowshi

This Quick Look was kind of shit. I don't know why they didn't play a story mission somewhere close to the beginning of the game, like they do with every other game that is released. This was incredibly boring to watch and they weren't even doing anything. I literally had to turn it off at around 28 minutes.

Posted by Tordah

More Batman is always welcome.

Posted by mortal_sb
Posted by Quantical

Looking forward to this on the PC. The original did a great job with the combat.

Posted by Xpgamer7

Welcome to the Batmaniverse.

Posted by SatelliteOfLove

Surprisingly gamey nowadays, but then again, it's so damn great, it gets away with that.

Edited by StimpakNeeded

Time to soak in the awesomeness for a second time. Re-watching this could become habitual until November 18th.

Edit: November 15th according to Steam :D

Posted by tourgen

looks awesome, looking forward to it.  Yeah the catwoman stuff is filthy but whatever, was going to buy it new anyway.

Posted by skunkdragon

@ArbitraryWater said:

I never actually finished Arkham Asylum. For as much praise as that game got, I never quite found the GOTY material people were raving about, especially in the combat department. I imagine this game will be the same way.

Dude your playing it wrong it's not Kenect!

Posted by ArbitraryWater

Posted by super2j

that flying thing at the beginning had me obsessed for some random reason, couldnt stop till i completed it

Posted by Spartan117Tron

Nolan North is one of the Guards lol

Posted by Meowshi

@Batmeng said:

THE FLOOR IS NOW BATMAN!

Edit: Why does Jeff keep referring to taking down dudes as killing? I thought Batman never killed people, no?

Jeff doesn't know shit about Batman. He hasn't even seen Batman Begins or The Dark Knight .

Posted by JonPadgett

Cat Woman is always going to have less ability's than batman.

Posted by vhold

That was an odd quick look. Like they're just assuming it's this great game, yet they seem totally bored by it.

Posted by Jeaz

"If you kill informant last" - Batman doesn't kill thugs! He just knocks/beats/thumps them unconscious :-)

You know, superheroes doesn't kill the villains :-)

Posted by owl_of_minerva

I'll never understand what people see in this franchise.

Posted by leejunfan83

The catwoman stuff looks fine

Posted by pedantics1
@pedantics1 Never mind, read other comments, glad its being looked into.
Posted by pedantics1

Have you guys changed the way you encode videos? The HD version of this suffers from really bad pixelation and macro-blocking throughout.

Posted by Bread_Harrity

The Joker kills Dumbledore.

Edited by Batmeng

THE FLOOR IS NOW BATMAN!

Edit: Why does Jeff keep referring to taking down dudes as killing? I thought Batman never killed people, no?

Posted by lordofmidgets

this looks awesome! The fighting animations seem so much better. Why do I live in the UK, i have to wait till friday

Posted by Darkfiretiger

Curse you Quick-Look for convincing me to drop my import copy and run out and get the game retail tomorrow.

Posted by Vitor

Hard mode in the first game had no attack indicator and I completely disagree with Brad when he says that the animation would kick in too late for you to counter. I actually way preferred playing the game on that difficulty and never had a problem as long as I was paying attention.

The fact that you have to do multiple counters at the same time could make that tricky though.

Posted by Winternet

I find all the spoiler talk ridiculous. But, whatever. Keep on trucking internet.

Posted by UKSamwise

@AlisterCat: Your not the only one :(

Posted by Eyz

Awesome! Will give this a look.

'was gonna buy this game Monday but too much work got on my hands so I'll be picking this up by the end of the week instead. Thanks for the video guys!

Posted by rmanthorp

Thank's for fixing that spoiler, appreciate it!

Posted by clumsyninja1

The Cap game was a lame copy of Arkham Asylum...at least Batman doesn't random collect german helmets

Edited by Aegon

Lol at the fact that Nolan North is obviously voicing most of the guards in the room at 29:00

Posted by Seroth

@Pinmonkey said:

@Seroth said:

@ChibiSoma said:

Hey. Hey guys. You know what I do when I don't want to be spoiled by a game?

I don't watch the Quick Look before I play the game. Novel concept, huh? I don't watch something that shows off a random part of a game then whine about being spoiled. I go into QLs for games I'm excited for with the knowledge that there will probably be spoilers about something or another. Usually I'm fine with this. But in the rare cases I'm not (see: Dark Souls) I don't watch the damn thing until after I've played.

I dunno, maybe I'm the crazy one.

I think you're the crazy one here. I feel like the whole point of a Quick Look is to show off how a game is before you buy it.

If you care about a "spoiler" you were probably gonna get it anyways, call it a hunch. Read the review instead. When this shit happens they just try to tiptoe and don't actually, like you say "show off how a game is" the way they should. I hate everything right now.

I still think Quick Looks are meant to show off the game, not to spoil it. That's what the Endurance Run is for.

I don't even really care about whatever the hell this Batman spoiler was. I just think its ridiculous to suggest that one shouldn't watch a Quick Look for a game without having played it already.

• 126 results