298 Comments
Posted by End_Boss

Stop being an annoying little shit, Patrick. It's doing you no favors.

Edited by Sparky_Buzzsaw

Wouldn't mind seeing some retro games featured here, like Super Ghosts and Goblins. Or hell, even some late-game X-Com: Terror from the Deep. That game was fuckin' brutal and I'd love to see someone finish it.

Moderator Online
Posted by Ooame

I'm getting an ulcer watching this

Posted by Jolt92

Just finished watching this thing, yep, best premium video! Love this idea, love the banter and the game itself was entertaining to watch.

I'm gonna buy Geometry Wars now.

Posted by BisonHero

This is the first video segment where I legitimately got annoyed by Patrick. Anytime he wasn't in a discussion with Jeff, he was being generally irritating and antagonistic.

Though it was nice seeing him fail at his own run at the end and suddenly not have a whole lot to say when he's the one in the hotseat.

Posted by Superfriend

@Vortextk said:

@Superfriend: You really need someone to tell you what this game will be and what kind of scores it will get before it just gets reviewed anyway? Come on. And I really doubt patrick's article was supposed to be a by the numbers preview article. None of his stuff is the usual thing I'd read on eurogamer or ign, that's...the point I thought. Be different.

Nah, I don´t need anyone to tell me anything about The Elder Scrolls. But a lot of pretty overhyped kiddies do.

Almost none of the previews were in-depth abouth anything in the game. They were all basically following along the demo-path that was already shown at E3. Almost none of them wrote about their experiences with the game. How does the combat feel, how many times did it crash, did you have horrible pop-in?

A lot of uninformed folks probably think this game is gonna be perfect- and they are going to be disappointed as hell. Most of the press were either hyping the game based on literally nothing or they were just cold on it and wrote very basic previews with little to no infomation about the game.

Posted by RecallBerserk

enjoyed that very much. Brad aint too bad afterall

Posted by Walta

Downloaded Geometry Wars from Steam for 3.99 and played it while listening to this. Damn my life is sad.

Posted by probablytuna

God damn that was intense.

Posted by cornwalliz

This is very stressful

Posted by WickedCobra03

I could not count the hours I have put into this game. I Brad going through this... mirrors all the emotions that I have with this game!

And its now pure muscle memory with the classic; Start >> Up >> Down >> A to restart your game.

Posted by DjDonFrancisco

One round in and i'm already jittery.

Posted by bug9329

Geometry Wars: Galaxies on the DS is awesome.  I think, though, by default it wants you to use the bottom screen to direct the action with the stylus and the top screen to play -- but that is terrible.  If you can find it, play it with the action on the bottom screen and use the stylus to control.  

Posted by SpicyRichter

@Winternet said:

@MrKlorox said:

I love me some Bratrick tension. Either duke it out or make out already.

This.

I still wanna see Will fight Ryan

Posted by SpicyRichter

@Dunchad said:

If this isn't limited to games that give out achievements - then I'd like to see Brad play some VVVVVV. Getting all the trinkets isn't that hard, so he might even succeed. Followed by some gravitron or no death run if he didn't get enough.

SMB has some great stuff to try as well. My personal nemesis is cotton alley - would love to see if Brad can manage that.

Good call, I beat VVVVVVV in one sitting but took all my concentration at the end

Edited by SpunkyHePanda

-You start to love the little blue jacks when going for this achievement, they boost your multiplier like nothing else.

- Geometry Wars: Galaxies for the Wii had classic controller support. Control problem solved. The graphics were relatively shit compared to this, but once you got used to it, it was pretty awesome.

- Amazing soggy biscuit joke, Brad.

Posted by datarez

Great feature. As for future runs with an achievement like this it'd be cool to bring in one of the really good people and they just go Mr Miyagi on Brad. Force him to get better. Plus we all learn some tricks for the game as well.

Another fun achievement to watch would be Little Rocket Man from HL: Episode 2 which it looks like Brad doesn't have.

Posted by BadNews

Has Brad gotten the doom 2 S Rank?

Posted by chilibean_3

@BadNews: Nope. Which makes it a great option for the next episode.

Posted by Abendlaender

@datarez said:

Another fun achievement to watch would be Little Rocket Man from HL: Episode 2 which it looks like Brad doesn't have.

This has to be one of the most annoying achievments ever. Grrr...stupid little gnome why wont you stay in my car!

Posted by YOUNGLINK

I love this kind of content.

Posted by Aufaber

Brad definitely needs to play a game that has collectibles, but not be allowed to collect them. Broken Brad.

Posted by skywing
@YOUNGLINK said:

I love this kind of content.

Me too.
Posted by pyromagnestir

Haven't had electricity for the last day and a half. First thing I did after we bought a generator was watch this. Worth the wait.

Posted by matt_wickstrom

Good ole Geometry Wars. Love this game, but suck at it.

Posted by Mars_Cleric

i still have no achievements in GW

Posted by kishinfoulux

@MrKlorox said:

I love me some Bratrick tension. Either duke it out or make out already.

Huh? Explain.

Posted by Xenctuary

Sorry Brad!

Posted by BooDoug187

Tom Hanks in I'm gonna get to the bottom of this!

Posted by tineyoghurt

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Posted by AngeTheDude

I really wanted Brad to make it :(

Posted by Edgeward

All Brad needs to in VVVVVV is clear "Doing things the hard way" I would watch him struggle to pass that forever. Or doing the challenges in Super Meat Boy to get the Kid.

Posted by carlfoster91

Make Brad collect Every Riddler Trophy and complete all of the Riddler Challenges in Arkham City.

Posted by drew327

Obviously it should be dark souls related

Posted by Yanngc33

I want to see Dead Space 2 Hardcore run, I want to see Brad be broken by that game like it broke me

Posted by shodan2020

I think I like the idea of Brad trying to achieve crazy hard achievements with a few of the other dudes around. Sweet.

Posted by RenegadeSaint

Broken Brad.

Posted by advent_crash

This would totally sync up with Holding Out for a Hero.

Posted by CJduke

Something Starcraft related would be cool, but I don't know what.

Posted by Bourbon_Warrior

Call of duty 4 : Mile High Club

Posted by fetchfox

Keep chasing that dragon brad, you'll get it in the end!

Posted by RenegadeSaint

Since watching this video, I have been trying to S-rank Geometry Wars by playing for a few rounds every day for the past couple weeks and I can confirm that these achievements are tough. However, I've improved dramatically in just that short time, so it is definitely doable. I'd like to see Brad practice for a bit and give it another shot.

Posted by ObsideonDarman

This is awesome! I am so pumped for more of this kind of stuff!

Posted by Nightriff

Battletoads, thats what the next one should be

Posted by Nebula427

I Believe In Brad, IBIB

Posted by Robot_Sneakers

Left for Dead 1 or 2, on expert with or without help.

Posted by GonzoSnot

Brad is not bad at games. Brad is Brad at games.

Hot Scoops: "I'm enjoying this because it's getting angrier as we go along..."

Brad: "FUCK OFF!"

Posted by 93The_Ace

SPEED OF MY MODEM, SPEED OF MY LIFE