337 Comments
Posted by BeautifulSpaceCowboy

If I didn't have work and other things, I would sit and watch him play the game for twelve hours. However, I will be happy just knowing it is going on. :)

Posted by Rasgueado

Todd Howard and Pete Hines talk about that streaming event on the Bethesda podcast in the episode dedicated to Oblivion on its 5 year anniversary.

Posted by TheSouthernDandy

Greg can spoil me anytime. Wait, I didn't mean it like that. Except that I TOTALLY did.

Posted by MGSolid86

I remember when he did this! It's what prompted me to buy my 360! It sure has been a LONG five and a half years ...

Posted by selbie

So it's probably more like a 24 hours Elder Scrolls marathon then.......

FUCK YEAH

Posted by Dustpan

My body is ready.

Posted by MGSolid86

@Deaditelord said:

Dang it, why couldn't it have been Friday when I actually don't have to work? Hope they make the entire 12 hours and Dave's mini-marathon available later to watch.

Because on Friday you can be playing Skyrim instead of watching it :)

Posted by oasisbeyond

Aww I remember when he did the Oblivion one... That was awesome and refreshing. Seems like a lot of other sites do that now today. But Greg is the man!

Posted by Hector

ugh! I got class all day!

Posted by Tacoboy1986

No way! Greg Kasavin is reuniting with his old gang for a 12 hour play session? Count me in.

Posted by Ruken

Oh man it'll be rough, but I'll be there for the pre-skyrim show.

Posted by mclakers

ahhh!! i love Greg Kassavin and The Giantbomb crew. This is the reason im saving to become a year member.

Posted by afjkidd5

I literally crave Skyrim at this point. Can't wait!

Posted by Jimbo7676

I took off work thursday and have friday off for Veteran's Day... hmmm mayhaps I will watch the prestream, some of the main stream and sleep the day away and then PLAY Skyrim or not sleep at all and go insane.

Posted by TomA

Giantbomb is amazing. I know this to be true.

Posted by TheMustacheHero

I remember that...and then the fire alarm going off. Good times. Greg's pretty awesome.

Posted by Zolfe

oh fuck me fuck me.

i told myself that uncharted 3 would be the only game I play this semester. but the skyrim height is reaching astronomical levels

Posted by Spiritof

This is the best thing ever.

The last Kasavin branded Elder Scrolls marathon is the exact thing that convinced me to buy a 360 back in '06.

I put 180 hours into Oblivion, and Skyrim is a must buy.

Posted by BoneChompski

This will be interesting. Dear fellow GBers, if it is important to you not to have anything spoiled, I would suggest not watching. That is the only way to be sure. Decide thoughtfully so that you won't have to be upset and engage in tales of woe.

Posted by Butano

So by Wednesday midnight, is this 12:00am Wednesday (tonight) or 12:00am Thursday (tomorrow night)?

Looks like heavy doses of coffee and energy drinks this week.

Posted by GregK

I am excited for this. I'm not as "in shape" when it comes to playing games for ridiculous hours on end as compared with 2006, though playing Dark Souls in the past few weeks has made for good practice. Thanks to everyone expressing interest in this insanity.

Posted by NoCookiesForYou

Please say you'll archive this, pretty plz?

Posted by Jayzilla

Better be playing Morrowind with a lot of mods installed. That would be a blast! I can't wait to see Greg play either. I remember watching an hour of Greg playing Oblivion. It was rad.

Posted by Subjugation

It is things precisely like this that make me happy to monetarily support this website. I can't wait.

Posted by grokman10

Cool beans! Why you guys so good to us?

Posted by papadopus

So uh, any idea what Greg has been up to these days? You know, being part of the original Gamespot crew and all...

Posted by advocatefish

Sure 8am to 8pm on a Thursday, it's not like i have a job. Thanks guys.

Oh Dave is going to play Morrowind or Oblivion at midnight...on a Thursday. Like the day after Wednesday and before Friday? I mean i don't work Friday because it's a holiday and i would be able to watch this fantastically-insanely-long stream but your right THURSDAY is a far better day.

Posted by Commisar123

I'm forced to assume this will only be a camera fixed on his face with no game audio or video of any kind. Where can I sign up?

Posted by Genkkaku

@warxsnake said:

FAKE FIRE ALARM PARTY AT THE END, please.

Edited by Ashen

This is probably my only chance to catch any substantial Skyrim related material until I buy the game on Monday (work, sigh...), so I'll probably try to watch as much as I can. Thank you GB and Greg.

Edit: Oh and Dave too, can't wait for the streams.

Posted by JoeyRavn

I love the idea, but I want to experience Skyrim for the first time all by myself. If the video is archived, I'm gonna watch the 12+ hours in a couple weeks :P

Posted by Knite
Posted by MachoFantastico

Should be interesting, if probably a bit crazy.

Posted by McShank

@advocatefish said:

Sure 8am to 8pm on a Thursday, it's not like i have a job. Thanks guys.

Oh Dave is going to play Morrowind or Oblivion at midnight...on a Thursday. Like the day after Wednesday and before Friday? I mean i don't work Friday because it's a holiday and i would be able to watch this fantastically-insanely-long stream but your right THURSDAY is a far better day.

Call in sick or take a 2 week vacation for a new job?!? Least this is happening before my new job starts :D

Posted by wumbo3000

This is why I love Giant Bomb. The creativity they manage to put out there is astounding. So excited for this!

Posted by byrjun

Oh man. This is greatest thing since gravy! In fact, maybe this is gravy for the heart? Eight hours of Dave followed by effing 12 of Mr. Greg Kasavin orc'ing it up in the land of the Nords?! Manohmanohman. Heart getting too big with all that grease!

I still have the draft of an unsent thank you-email to Greg around his departure from Gamespot, he (and of course our boys) really got me thinking about games in another way. I had never heard games being described and criticized this way before. For me, Giant Bomb overall and stuff like this is the epitome of the wierd and silly dreams these lovely gentlemen have for games and its community.

Thanks guys!

(Also, please archive!)

Posted by TorMasturba

@papadopus said:

So uh, any idea what Greg has been up to these days? You know, being part of the original Gamespot crew and all...

Are you serious!? It even says in the article: "Greg Kasavin of Supergiant Games". The studio that Whiskey media has massive coverage of Bastion over in their video database.

Ah well, I've missde content too so I suppose it's understandable, I just couldn't understand how you'd missed this set of videos.

Posted by Hangnail

Memories of 2006 come flooding in...

Posted by Xymox

Very interested in this. That was one of the coolest things to come out of that site.

Posted by Hizang

Will there also be a quick look of this game?

Posted by makari

I hope that you guys have had the forethought to provide Greg with a fire retardant room so that this time when the fire alarm goes off and the building does burn down the live stream won't be interrupted.

Posted by DiscoDuck8k

First event starting at 3AM? Of course I'll be there!

Posted by Sinkwater

I don't really like Greg, plus I don't want any spoilers. Pass.

Posted by megalowho

sounds like a plan.

Posted by Tamaster92

Can't wait! Thanks for the awesome content guys!

Posted by Velamo05

Yay :D So glad to hear Dave is going to be playing some Wed. Night (not of the new one, but whatever) considering I won't get to see any of the Greg Kasavin awesome-ness

Posted by ArbitraryWater

Yes. I am pro-Greg Kasavin. Of course, I'm not going to watch the entire thing, because I do, in fact, have class. However, I will definitley check in here and there, and probably watch the whole thing assuming it gets archived. If I'm not too busy playing Skyrim that is.

Posted by Jeaz

I'm sorry to say this to some of the GB guys, but Greg was GameSpot for me, so when he left it made a lot bigger impact than when Brad & Co left. So great to be watching him again, missed you Greg!

Posted by Johnny5

Yes yes yessss, the Oblivion marathon was one of my favorite memories.

Posted by Will_M

@Zolfe said:

oh fuck me fuck me.

i told myself that uncharted 3 would be the only game I play this semester. but the skyrim height is reaching astronomical levels

Are you saying Skyrim is going beyond the rim of the sky?...

And as much as I'd like to experience Skyrim unmolested, I just can't say no to this. Starts 1AM Friday for me (s.korea) which means I can go grab my copy that very morning :D