337 Comments
Posted by selbie

I fucking LOVE the chat page picture....

DRAGONS ALL UP IN UR FACE

Posted by Jost1

@Buzzkill said:

My body is ready.
Posted by Cessate

I would love to watch. But I'll be camped out for the midnight release instead.

Posted by noodlesw02

Could any1 tell me what time 8am Pacific Standard Time is in ireland. I would like a 12 hour "look C " my self.

Posted by Winternet

Oh fuck. I have an exam one hour after Dave's stream. That just sucks. Will Dave stream until Greg starts? Because that would be madness and I still could watch a bit after the exam.

Posted by hidys

please tell me this will be archived

Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror

@noodlesw02: that would be 4pm gmt duder, and won't finish til 4am O_o.

This will also be a good time to level up in Dark Souls enough to make forget the game when Skyrim is released on steam.

Posted by Buscemi

I have no idea when that'll be in Sweden, but I'm guessin... some hours before Thursday? Anyone... help?

Posted by Simplexity

@Titus: The "coming up" schedule thingie on the front page is correct for your timezone I believe, I live in Norway and it says it will start at 5pm, when they've said it starts at 8am in their time.

Edited by Buscemi

@Prodstep: Wait, if it's Thursday for them... then it must already have been Thursday for us... so it's... what? I don't get this, I'll just follow that thing and not think about this myself.

Ok, ok, ok seriously, I've been thinking this over for the last two minutes. And it's got to begin with Dave 9 in the morning, right? And then by 17:00 Greg starts his thing?

Posted by Simplexity

@Titus: That's the conclusion I've reached as well, 9am with the pre show or whatever and 17:00 for the real thing.

Posted by Buscemi

@Prodstep: Well, how fitting that my exam for this autumn is in an hour, that leaves me pretty much free for the whole week... unless I fail, which isn't that impossible.

Posted by GunnBjorn
@Titus said:

I have no idea when that'll be in Sweden, but I'm guessin... some hours before Thursday? Anyone... help?

This might help: 

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ 

Sincerely, 

GunnBjorn. (from the Netherlands) ; )
Posted by Elazul

You know, I would watch this, but by 4pm GMT I'll already have the game and will likely be playing it until 4am. Hopefully they'll archive it.

Posted by vegetashonor

I hope they do have guests check in from time to time. I love Greg, but 12 hours of a man talking to himself means your crazy where I come from, lol. :P

Posted by vegetashonor

Oh, and I hope this gets cataloged. It's not mentioned in the story. :/

Posted by Nentisys

Fuck I wanna see Dave play Morrowind!

Posted by kist

Cannot wait to see some good old Greg Kasavin at work like the good ol days... Strapped on and ready

Posted by Delver

I'm so torn between watching this and possibly spoiling my own first 12 hours with the game on Friday, or waiting a few days for an archived version to hopefully pop up, so that I have time to play the beginning myself.
What a conundrum.

Posted by WinterSnowblind

I'd love to watch this, but I don't want any spoilers. Plus on Thursday, I'll be playing it myself :)

Hopefully it's archived so I can watch it later on, when I'm done with the game.

Posted by MrOldboy

Better be the PC version. Last one was on 360, but GB has the tools to do Skyrim proper. Unless they dont have the PC version by thursday.

Posted by Funkydupe

I had the impression all versions were identical.

Posted by Jost1

@mak_wikus said:

Make sure to avoid any story related stuff, so you don't spoil it for everyone. Please!

They're not gonna do that. That would be boring for TWELVE hours.

Edited by spiralsin

I remember the 12 hours of Oblivion by Greg K. back in the day. This is going to be good times.

Edited by Neurotic_X

My body is ready for....you Greg. lol

On a serious note, you're the only video game critic reviewer out there that I can honestly say I respect. Well, when you did write reviews, Mr. Developer. :P Look forward to it.

Posted by Moxy

By the Nine Divides, cant wait. Hope its the PC version tho.

Posted by Tesla

I hope this gets archived. I don't want to watch the beginning of the game a day before I play it.

Cool idea though.

Posted by Catarrhal

Greg Kasavin never makes mistakes.

Posted by MachoFantastico

Can't believe I'd forgotten about his Oblivion 12 hour marathon, I remember watching that now. Greg helped me make a decision on if to buy an Xbox 360.

Posted by MachoFantastico

Giantbomb should totally fake a fire alarm again... that would be cruel... but epic.

Posted by Rongaryen

I'm looking forward to this since I'm both looking forward to playing Skyrim and I've always had a man-crush on Greg...maybe I'm sharing too much. >_>

Posted by Silock

I hope its available to download, if not I will be pissed off.

Posted by Nasar7

Hope you guys archive Dave's madness because there's just no way I'm waking up at 3am to watch it.

Posted by Cincaid

@Silock said:

Not to be a spoilsport, but I'm quite sure they never have these type of streams up for download for non-paying members. Not to mention archiving a 12 hour show sounds extremely expensive for them. I'm just guessing of course, I certainly hope it'll go up for download for everyone, or at the very least archived for everyone.

Posted by teh_destroyer

Yeah, I am off tomorrow so I will watch as I play :). Love ya Greg!

Posted by bcc

Damn, 8am over there is 5am over there. I'd like to be there for the beginning, but I'm not that hardcore. I'll definitely be watching though. Hope the whole thing gets put up for viewing later.

Posted by bcc

I'll definitely be watching. Hope the whole thing gets put up for viewing later.

Posted by darkjester74

@Cincaid said:

@Silock said:

Not to be a spoilsport, but I'm quite sure they never have these type of streams up for download for non-paying members. Not to mention archiving a 12 hour show sounds extremely expensive for them. I'm just guessing of course, I certainly hope it'll go up for download for everyone, or at the very least archived for everyone.

I hope they archive atleast a portion of it. Although this is an awesome idea, I really dont want to spoil the beginning of the game for myself as I will have it on Friday. It would be nice to go back and watch AFTER I have had a chance to play it tho.

Posted by Slaker117
@Cincaid said:

@Silock said:

Live streams always get archived automatically on Justin.tv's side of things, so free members can always watch there.
http://www.justin.tv/giantbomb/videos
Posted by dvorak

Totally ready to do this. Gonna do the whole thing live.

Posted by TomShreds

Loved the Oblivion run, I gotta love the Skyrim run even more!

Too bad I'll be at work, but I guess it'll be uploaded at the end to watch later :-) Good job!

Posted by Duke_of_IRL

I remember when Greg did this on Gamespot for Oblivion, though I only watched about an hour of it. Then I went to the nearest store and bought the game.

Also, Dave should go with the best of both worlds and play Morroblivion. Semi-complicated to set up, but playing Morrowind in Oblivion's engine is mindblowingly awesome and gives new life to the game. Plus you can seemlessly go back to Cyrodiil from Vvardenfell and get a taste of both previous games before Skyrim drops. That's what I'm doing currently.

Posted by coaxmetal

Cool that they are doing this, not going to watch because I want to see all of the early-game content for myself and explore the world myself.

Posted by Guided_By_Tigers

I want 12 hours of Doom when Doom 4 comes out.

Posted by Aarny91

@Duke_of_IRL said:

I remember when Greg did this on Gamespot for Oblivion, though I only watched about an hour of it. Then I went to the nearest store and bought the game.

Also, Dave should go with the best of both worlds and play Morroblivion. Semi-complicated to set up, but playing Morrowind in Oblivion's engine is mindblowingly awesome and gives new life to the game. Plus you can seemlessly go back to Cyrodiil from Vvardenfell and get a taste of both previous games before Skyrim drops. That's what I'm doing currently.

Can't wait for Morroryrim.

Posted by Blue_Cube

12 hours of awesomeness, I wonder if my body can handle it.

@Cyrisaurus
said:

I kinda wish it was Vinny playing.

12 hours of Vinny. Oh my god.

The world isn't ready for that amount of Vinny unleashed upon the internet.

Posted by ratzombie

Totally remember watching Greg play Oblivion over at GameSpot and loved it. I'm pretty excited about it, even though most people would think watching some dude on the Internet play a game for 12 hours is crazy.

Posted by ViciousReiven

Man I have no interest in watching this guy, I watched the highlight reel of the Oblivion one and it was boring as hell, not having the Bombcrew is a bad call.

Posted by darkjester74

@Slaker117 said:

@Cincaid said:

@Silock said:

Live streams always get archived automatically on Justin.tv's side of things, so free members can always watch there.
http://www.justin.tv/giantbomb/videos

Awesome tip, duder! Thanks a bunch! :-D