303 Comments
Posted by Orbitz

Skyrim is so awesome! So is this quick look.

Posted by G24S

All videos lead to Skyrim...

Posted by Darkstar614

27 minutes in determined this being goty.

So good.

Posted by Sarge_Gunnerz

Loved Oblivion. I can't wait to play Skyrim. This quick look got me so pumped.

Edited by kerse

What are the numbers in his favorites list? Is there some kinda quickslot thing I didn't notice in 50 hours of play time?

Also The Lord Stone is way better than Steed, just bring a companion and you can carry all the crap you want.

Posted by ThePickle

I've had DOZENS of horse/dragon duals. The Dark Brotherhood horse hates dragons!

Posted by SoothsayerGB

Wish Patrick wasn't in this QL. Dave would have been much more appropriate.

Posted by ScreamingFist

I love this game

Posted by dubios451

@Chillaximus_Prime: When in the quick select menu you can assign two items/spells/shouts to the left and right sides of the d-pad. Simply open the quick select menu and hold right or left on the things you want to assign to them. Then you can hot swap to these without opening the menu. Hope that helps!

Edited by MrBubbles

wow that one save said he was only level 25 50hrs into the game. i never saved my perks up i spent them as i got them because i didn't see a point in saving them. i'm at the point in my game where i can take 2 giants and 2 mammoths out without a problem.

Posted by Chillaximus_Prime

IMPORTANT QUESTION!! At 1:11 in the video, Brad switches from his shield in his off-hand to his healing spell WITHOUT USING THE QUICK SELECT! :O Can someone please explain to me how he does this while using a 360 controller? This information could almost-instantaneously transform me from clumsy, oafish neanderthal into a finely-honed weapon of draconic-devastation! Any explanations would be greatly appreciated :)

Posted by sanzee

Team Rocket is blasting off againnnnnn...

Posted by BluPotato

Saint's Row and Skyrim coming out together is some yin and yang shit. When I get tired of the story heavy Elder Scrolls plotline there is Saint's Rows to fill out my random lust for something crazy and insane.

Posted by BLKZOMBIE

serious?

Edited by BLKZOMBIE

So, fuck. I have played over 30 hrs of Skyrim. I watched this last night and had no idea you could run or pick 2 quick weapon slots....damn. Fucking A, I knew there had to be a quick and easier way to swap out 2 sets of weapons. Oh well.

Posted by liako21

wow....when that saber tooth thing got merked.....hahahahah omg.....

Posted by outerabiz

@drew327 said:

This is 360 right? 49:25 how do you get the camera to do that? I'm on ps3 and feel like I have hit every button combination and can't view my character very well!

@tallTuck94 said:

@drew327: go into third person, sheath any weapons then stop moving and the camera will allow you to look around your character

or click and hold the right stick and move the camera with the left stick

Posted by Dr_Robocop

"Hit him. Hit him."

"Oh, the bear"

"OOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

Posted by fisk0

@indure said:

Just so people know, your companions only die permanently if you kill them. If an enemy takes them down to zero life they enter a downed state and can be revived.

I thought that for a while, as Lydia didn't die for the first 20 hours (but fell unconscious/was downed a couple of times), but then I came across a random gang of bandits that just beheaded her in the first few moments of the battle.

Posted by indure

Just so people know, your companions only die permanently if you kill them. If an enemy takes them down to zero life they enter a downed state and can be revived.

Posted by Toxin066

That bear was amazing.

Posted by MisterMouse

hey so uh... have you guys heard about Saints Row?

Posted by ArchTeckGuru8

love the "spoilerz" insert

Posted by SatelliteOfLove

Waiting patiently for mods to make for better keyboards (AS GOD INTENDED), and get rid of that vapid screen jelly. Really, Bethesda? Really?!?

Posted by bkbroiler

@mewarmo990 said:

@gladspooky said:

@Three0neFive said:

@rjayb89 said:

I CAN'T WAIT FOR FALLOUT 4 EITHER.

You mean, "Oblivion with guns with swords with guns"?

pffft, i'm waiting for Dark Souls with guns, myself.

I'd pay to see that. Painfully slow reloading animations, jams you have to manually clear...

And all the while it takes a bullet or two to kill you. Or better yet, your guns don't do shit to giant screen-filling bosses.

I have to say, it doesn't sound like you've played much Dark Souls.

Posted by Mercanis

This Quicklook got a mention on Bethesda's blog:

http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/11/14/around-the-web-skyrim-edition/

Congrats!

Posted by tallTuck94

@drew327: go into third person, sheath any weapons then stop moving and the camera will allow you to look around your character

Posted by Annev0

@sofacitysweetheart said:

Wow. The dual wielding and magic handling look ridiculously familiar to what BioShock 2 did:

Looked nicer in that game too :)

Todd Howard said on Bonus Round with Ken Levine and David Jaffe, he had some influences from Bioshock universe. You should check it out, its a great episode and very interesting.

Posted by Mr_Skeleton

Poor bear.

Posted by drew327

This is 360 right? 49:25 how do you get the camera to do that? I'm on ps3 and feel like I have hit every button combination and can't view my character very well!

Posted by 234r2we232

Wow. The dual wielding and magic handling look ridiculously familiar to what BioShock 2 did:

Looked nicer in that game too :)

Posted by brian3d

28:06 is the reason why this game is great.

Posted by PhantomGardener

My horse has also fought a dragon! It has also the blood of several bandits on its hoofs.

Posted by jmrwacko

That part with the giant and the sabre cat is the greatest moment in quick look history.

Posted by mpgeist

To be fair, that sabre cat was beary big.

Posted by AlexanderSheen

That sabre cat reminded me of Team Rocket from Pokemon.

Posted by ch3burashka

DPS meet horse, horse meet DPS.

Posted by ErgoProxy77

That was not a bear dudes, it was a sabre cat, get it right next time, jeez

Posted by SerialThrilla

Hahahah the bear.. i think we have just found a better way to send astronauts in to Space lol ...and bears :)

Edited by mewarmo990

I think Brad couldn't raise Lydia because he used Soul Trap instead of Raise Zombie.

And yeah, I can't stop laughing at that giant scene. I keep watching that part over and over on Youtube.

Posted by DG991

SPOILERZ IMAGE MADE ME LLLLLLAWWLLLL!

Posted by animathias

@TheLeamenator said:

Is there a reason that - besides the opening of the game - I haven't had a single encounter with a dragon? Do I have to play more of the story? All I've done so far is talk to the Blacksmith in Riverwood... So, basically nothing.

Yup, you have to play more of the story. Eventually, Infinite Dragons.

Posted by Lukeweizer

Go Ethernal and jump down!

Posted by drowsap

That bear is making games on the MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Posted by SpacePenguin
@TheLeamenator: Yes, do another one or two quest in the main story and you will start seeing dragons
Posted by TheLeamenator

Is there a reason that - besides the opening of the game - I haven't had a single encounter with a dragon? Do I have to play more of the story? All I've done so far is talk to the Blacksmith in Riverwood... So, basically nothing.

Posted by AndrewBeardsley

sound track of the year guys??

Posted by FiestaUnicorn

At 28 minutes something amazing happens.

Posted by Max_Cherry

Bears in space!

Edited by DoctorWelch

After watching the marathon of the previous two games I wasnt very excited for this one anymore, but after watching this I am excited again.

Also, why the hell would you want this with guns. This kind of game with guns is the most annoying and frustrating thing possible. I hated Fallout 3 not only because the shooting is just completely horrible, but also because the entire game looked exactly the same and it was just completely boring.

I would rather play this than fallout, but I would also rather this game have a Dark Souls combat style instead of stupid dice rolls.