303 Comments
Posted by Ditz

Wow that flying bear made my day, first time I tried to kill a giant I got shot straight up into the air.

Posted by Sammo21

PUNCH FREAKING DRAGONS

Edited by ABK_92

Man do I feel like a loved member of this site with this beautiful 360p quality. I hate asshole sites like GT and IGN that give me free HD content.

Posted by Brad

@ABK_92: Would you feel silly if I told you that you've been watching 360p videos on this site since it launched?

Staff
Posted by Haze

Yeah that UI might work will with a controller but it is a holy mess with a mouse and keyboard. It completely counter intuitive and takes forever to do anything.

Posted by NakAttack

@Brad said:

@ABK_92: Would you feel silly if I told you that you've been watching 360p videos on this site since it launched?

Zing

Posted by championfetus

@30:00

Ground control to Major Tom...

Posted by Brad

@JakeTaylor said:

Oh dude, that's the Mace of Molag Bol. DAEDRIC QUESTS?

Dude, Daedric quests. The ones I've found so far are awesome, and the badassery of that mace speaks for itself.

Staff
Posted by atomic_dumpling
@AwesomeAquaman said:

Skyrimjob!!!

Posted by Gee_rad

I don't know why I'm watching this after watching hours of this game yester--A DRAGON!

Posted by PresidentOfJellybeans

In some inn miles and miles away, folks are sitting down for dinner. Suddenly a bear comes crashing through the ceiling!

Posted by AwesomeAquaman

@atomic_dumpling: It doesn't get old, ever.

Posted by Warihay

That bear is GONE!

Posted by mistergrieves

LOVING IT.

Posted by RobReindl

@Jolt92 said:

I need a gif of what happens at 28:04. NOW.

That is a GREAT part!!!

Posted by metalsnakezero

Ways I'm sold to this game

Skills - sold

Crafting - sold

Saber getting hit by Giant and flies up in the air - F***ing sold!

Posted by TehJedicake

I'm watch this, but I'd rather play it instead, plus this is the console version.

Posted by Karsh

I clipped the best part. You'll know which one.

Posted by vonFlampanker

Skyrim and Battlefield 3 are polar opposite examples of how to/how not to do a good in-game user interface. I wish BF3 had a quarter of Skyrim's usability in choosing weapons, items and loadouts.

Posted by blacklab

Gameplay looks just as awful as Oblivion.

Posted by Yagami

@Brad: Are the Daedric quests a challenge even for a character of really high level like yours Brad?

Posted by DaPinkTerrorist

thanks for not spoiling very much

Posted by Brad

@phrosnite said:

Jeff: "Ice drains stamina."

Brad: "Oh, I didn't know that."

Isn't Brad "Five stars" Shoemaker the best reviewer ever?

Cool, so we can assume you'll spare us your opinions about every game you play until you can recite every minute and invisible aspect of their mechanical design?

Staff
Posted by ZOMGOL

Sounds good, but will it run Crysis?

Posted by Delta_Ass
@Brad said:

That's a bit of a dodge though, isn't it? The compression in these new youtube videos is a lot higher then it was back in the days of yore.
Posted by csl316

Skip to 28 minutes for the game moment of the year.

Hell, any moment of the year.

Posted by Ruken

@Brad said:

@phrosnite said:

Jeff: "Ice drains stamina."

Brad: "Oh, I didn't know that."

Isn't Brad "Five stars" Shoemaker the best reviewer ever?

Cool, so we can assume you'll spare us your opinions about every game you play until you can recite every minute and invisible aspect of their mechanical design?

Well said. Jeff, in one of his jar times, touched on why reviewers don't need to know everything about a game or even necessarily finish it in order to write a good, working, informative review and I couldn't agree more.

Everyone on Whiskey writes some good reviews. It's up to the reader to get to know the reviewers so that can decide how much stock they want to put into what they write based on their own values and what they like to see in games. If you want a very in depth review on game mechanics then maybe don't use Brad ad your go-to guy when you want to read a review.

Posted by RsistncE

Seems like the giants are much tougher foes to fight than dragons...giantrim?

Posted by Cday

Dragon Meet Horse, Horse Meet Dragon

Posted by MormonWarrior

@Delta_Ass said:

@Brad said:

That's a bit of a dodge though, isn't it? The compression in these new youtube videos is a lot higher then it was back in the days of yore.

I prefer the YouTube videos. Lately every browser I use has been making my Flash videos crash all the time. YouTube doesn't crash on me.

Posted by RsistncE

It sounds like Jeff has either forgotten about Portal 2 or didn't like it. Either way I hope Ryan represents Portal 2 during the GotY podcast since that game is far better than anything else that has come out this year so far.

Posted by emem

@csl316 said:

Skip to 28 minutes for the game moment of the year. Hell, any moment of the year.

Yeah, but I'd start to watch at 27 minutes in, Jeff's intro is gold as well. It's really great stuff.

Posted by Sayishere

i bought this today, and i love it to death so far.

Posted by csl316
@emem said:

@csl316 said:

Skip to 28 minutes for the game moment of the year. Hell, any moment of the year.

Yeah, but I'd start to watch at 27 minutes in, Jeff's intro is gold as well. It's really great stuff.

Yes, yes.  I retract my original statement and agree with you.

Also, 40:30.
Posted by Scotto

@emem said:

@csl316 said:

I love the OHHHHHHHHHHHH as it's flying into orbit, LOL.

Posted by emem

@csl316: Hehe

Posted by chicomendes2

cool, been waiting to play the two worlds sequel for ages

Posted by Battle_BroCast

Dear Mr Brad Shoemaker

I quite like you. You are the reason I still like Games Journalism and still want to be in Games Journalism. Don't let silly dumb people with dumb opinions and dumb comments from the internet sully your attitude, because they are silly and dumb and from the internet.

I also still appreciate your signature of my copy of John Woo Presents: Stranglehold.

Posted by csl316
@emem: And the plot twist when the letter arrives a few minutes later.  Amazing.
Posted by dudeglove

@raiden2000 said:

Dragon meet horse. Horse meet dragon.

Posted by ShuaReborn

Oh man... this fall is making me broke... I want this so bad.

Posted by SlightConfuse

GIf of 20:04 please

Posted by Zajtalan

wow brads a pussy at this game no offense

Posted by Draxyle

Even after 12 hours of Skyrim yesterday, I love how this quicklook showed a bunch of stuff that even Greg didn't encounter. Zombie chickens, flying bears, I couldn't stop laughing. I had low expectations for this game, but a much improved version of Oblivion is enough to sell me to it.

Posted by Hizang

@csl316 said:

Posted by JakeTaylor
@Brad said:

@JakeTaylor said:

Oh dude, that's the Mace of Molag Bol. DAEDRIC QUESTS?

Dude, Daedric quests. The ones I've found so far are awesome, and the badassery of that mace speaks for itself.

Oh man, I gotta get this. Those Oblivion daedric quest added some spice to the world, really nice variety.
Posted by Mister_V

Great quick look, Has that bear returned from orbit yet?

Posted by Brad

@Delta_Ass said:

@Brad said:

Not dodging, just addressing this specific, specious complaint that keeps popping up. When people start bringing up bitrate I'll concede that as a valid issue. :P

Staff
Posted by Rhaknar
Posted by NuclearMusic

hahaha best quick look ever