303 Comments
Posted by MikkaQ

God it's weird how much my game has paralleled their stories here. My horse totally helped me fight a dragon, and it was awesome. Lydia also fell to that exact ice troll Patrick mentioned, though I reloaded and killed it without casualties.

This is one of the best games to share stories about haha.

Posted by Spoonman671

Waiting on Youtube...

Posted by EToaster

This looks really quite good, but I'm worried I'll buy it and then never get past the first hour like I did with both Morrowind and Oblivion. I guess I just don't give them enough time to get going before I get distracted by other things. It's odd because I usually don't mind games with slower pacing, but maybe it's just the lack of direction?

Posted by Nemuel

That bear flying, is about the best thing all year.

Posted by CanItRunBF3

how do you make weapons that can steal souls from non-dragon enemies? I have a few lesser soul gems, what do I need to do to steal souls like Brad?

Edited by Godlyawesomeguy

At 28 minutes in, I cried.

Posted by Alphazero

I am Alphazero of the Flying Bear Club.

Can't wait to play this game. I thought I was burned out on Fallout and Bethesda RPGs after a few hundred hours of Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but seeing this has me all excited again.

Posted by Potter9156

That poor bear. He just wanted to help.

Posted by RetroVirus

TAKE THAT BEAR

Posted by ichthy

20 seconds in...*CUE EPIC MUSIC*

Posted by thenexus

@Brad said:

@Delta_Ass said:

@Brad said:

@ABK_92: Would you feel silly if I told you that you've been watching 360p videos on this site since it launched?

That's a bit of a dodge though, isn't it? The compression in these new youtube videos is a lot higher then it was back in the days of yore.

Not dodging, just addressing this specific, specious complaint that keeps popping up. When people start bringing up bitrate I'll concede that as a valid issue. :P

Hey Brad, We know what we been viewing but as people been saying the compression and thus the visual quality of the videos on youtube at the moment as they are is pretty poor. MW3 by Jeff, he and the visuals looked like videos back in the early days of gamespot. That and your review of Uncharted 3 (it looked shocking). Some videos look better then others as well. I do not know if it is how your uploading or the settings on youtube. But they are pretty bad :(

Youtube vids is 100% the way to go for so many reasons, no doubt this is a GOOD move, but how things are turning out at the moment really sucks.

Posted by thenexus

Have to say also I really like Brad's quicklooks. Just a great feel and love how he plays games :)

Posted by Kosayn

A classic Brad moment, skipping past the obituary note in the list.

This game is so true to the series. It's always been about trying to break down as much reality as the programmers possibly could into a bunch of scripts and systems. When what you imagine might happen actually does, it's magic.

Posted by D_train_lives

@Spoonman671: I know right this is lame guys drop the youtube garbage

Posted by TeenageJesusSuperstar

If you're not watching this in HD then this video really doesn't do the game justice, it's pretty fucking gorgeous.

Posted by Majkiboy

the interface sucks for PC :(

Posted by yevinorion

This Quicklook made me want this game even more than Greg's marathon.

Posted by Carlos1408

That bear moment was one of the best moments in video games for me. I laughed so hard. He was just like "Yo Brad! Don't you worry, I got your back! ... Oh wait, I aiiiiiin't even got my own... laterzzz."

Posted by kerse

Oh man that dragon horse story was great.

Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam

20 motherfucking seconds in and there's already a dragon. THIS IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER MADE!

Posted by TeenageJesusSuperstar

The insane electricity animations in Bioshock Infinite have diminished the spell effects in this a bit for me.

Edited by Antihippy

@Brad said:

@Delta_Ass said:

@Brad said:

@ABK_92: Would you feel silly if I told you that you've been watching 360p videos on this site since it launched?

That's a bit of a dodge though, isn't it? The compression in these new youtube videos is a lot higher then it was back in the days of yore.

Not dodging, just addressing this specific, specious complaint that keeps popping up. When people start bringing up bitrate I'll concede that as a valid issue. :P

It's great that you guys view it as an issue, it would also be nice if you addressed the issue buy uploading at even 480p to offset the compression youtube puts onto videos.

On another note, hilarious quick look.

Posted by sear

I'm not going to lie: spent some time with the game and it is good.  It thoroughly trounces the horrendous Oblivion and the only slightly better Fallout 3.  It's still not a very good RPG and I lament the lack of attributes, but the game has it where it counts in other ways - dungeons are varied and fun (if nonsensical), the interactions between factions and different quests is pretty good once you get into it, and exploration feels fun and rewarding in a way that it didn't in other Bethesda games.

The fact that they've stripped out a lot of the actual RPG from this game, the technical problems, and possibly the worst UI in a PC game I have ever seen all make me sad, but the core game itself is Bethesda's best in years - and proof that they are learning and taking feedback into account.

Edited by buckybit
♪♫SHOUT, SHOUT - LET IT ALL OUT♪♫
Posted by Beforet

I need this game....

Posted by Ronald

Yeah, I'll buy this when bears can fly.

*watches video*

Damn it!

Posted by Dixavd

The level systtem looks a lot like the levelling system form Final Fantasy 13 - just all the different characters together in the one playable character to mix between - kinda cool. But it is very alike to it.

Posted by Afroman269

@Majkiboy said:

the interface sucks for PC :(

Yup, I'm having to play this with a controller. Oh well, mods will clear this shit up.

Posted by Beforet

You can navigate the inventory with wsad/arrow keys, right? Because it doesn't look all that mouse-friendly.

Posted by Duffyside

I'm glad this game exists for all the people who go crazy for this type of thing. Not glad to know it will win a ton of GOTYs though (including Giant Bomb's, I'm guessing), as it looks insanely boring to me.

Posted by Bread_Harrity

@Duffyside: You can always have your own GOTY awards.

Posted by SirSuperior

Haha, my little sister is called Yngvild. Hope to find my name in the game as well.

Posted by The_Laughing_Man

Sorry. Fucking lost it when that giant hit the big cat. 

Posted by Chainclaw

This is my least favorite quicklook now. I was planning on waiting for this game to hit $20 a year or two from now, but this quick look, especially the giants + bear section, made me drop $60 on Steam today. I try and never pay $60 for games.

Posted by FuzzYLemoN

The giant hitting the bear was the single greatest Quick Look moment of all time.

Posted by Lifendz

Anyone else feel like Patrick is doing his best Ryan impersonation? Right down to the whisper.

Posted by Cornman89

I'll watch this next week. I've played too much Skyrim today to watch more Skyrim.

Edited by Sooty

Wow them textures are rough, Bethesda need to get that patch out

Posted by Fjordson

Took a break from Skyrim to...watch this.

Awesome quick look. Fucking hilarious at about 27:30. Lmfao.

Posted by DrLove

@thenexus said:

@Brad said:

@Delta_Ass said:

@Brad said:

Hey Brad, We know what we been viewing but as people been saying the compression and thus the visual quality of the videos on youtube at the moment as they are is pretty poor. MW3 by Jeff, he and the visuals looked like videos back in the early days of gamespot. That and your review of Uncharted 3 (it looked shocking). Some videos look better then others as well. I do not know if it is how your uploading or the settings on youtube. But they are pretty bad :(

Youtube vids is 100% the way to go for so many reasons, no doubt this is a GOOD move, but how things are turning out at the moment really sucks.

This..

Posted by AhmadMetallic

This is one of the best QLs in a long time. Awesome, just awesome.

Posted by HerbieBug

Oh brad. -_- In the middle of fighting giants and suddenly out of nowhere you're all "I like that the water has current".

Posted by Sooty
Posted by Duke_of_IRL

@sear said:

possibly the worst UI in a PC game

The dude who wrote that article is really fond of hyperbole it seems. When I think horrible port from console to PC I immediately think of both Saints Row 2 and DX2: Invisible War. Now those were some terrible ports. And just because he's suffered from some issues doesn't mean we all have. Unfortunately for me, I seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to PC gaming and spend more time on games' tech support forums than actually in-game. However, Skyrim has run perfectly thus far (20 hours in). It set my shit to High, didn't touch a thing and it's all smooth sailing. I actually get better performance out of Skyrim on High than Oblivion on High, which is pretty ridiculous. I do get what he's saying about the UI -- my sister also got the game for PC and hates using the 360 controller (which I use), and I had to help her try to figure out how to navigate the menus. Since this is a Bethesda joint expect 20 UI mods within a month. Darn's UIs are great and had the singular focus of deconsolizing Oblivion's UI so I'm sure it'll happen here.

Wall of text down, Giant club + sabretooth tiger = awesome. If that's a bug, it shouldn't be fixed. And if it does get fixed, a mod needs to undo the change. That shit is brilliant.

Posted by big_jon

Best

Edited by Y2Ken

Man Brad started this QL in a room I passed yesterday but wasn't sure how to enter. I'm running One-Armed/Shield with Destruction and Restoration. Amazing. Also typical Brad not reading the descriptions of what different magicka affects. :p

Posted by dagas

That dragon fight in the beginning looked really non-epic, but that's the combat in these games. It's not God of War.

Posted by spiceninja

My game locked up half and hour in the very second I stepped foot into Riverwood.

Posted by Peety

I had the same exact dragon horse experience Jeff had!

My horse died before I could kill the dragon though =(

Posted by Osiris

I've encountered mammoths without giants..