336 Comments
Posted by Clonedzero

@Cyrisaurus said:

I'm sorry, but I just don't see the potential in this ER.

With Persona 4 and Deadly Premonition, there were countless, unexpected moments that were crazy, epic, and sometimes fucking hilarious. I just don't see moments like that happening in an SNES game.

Also, because this is a well known game, that both Ryan and Patrick have played... it just... takes away the excitement of not knowing what you guys are getting yourselves into, which is what made the other ERs amazing. (Besides Vinny)

I'll stilll give this a chance, though.

i feel the same way. i mean im still watching it, and its mildly entertaining, but with such an iconic well known game, and both of them having played it. often obviously pretending to not know whats going to happen but they really already know. it kinda ruins it.

i mean even little things like ryan looting the power tab and patrick instantly saying "use that, its a consumable" is a wasted moment where it would have been them trying to figure out wtf a power tab was.

i have the feeling i'll quickly get tired of this, as well as most people who have played through CT.

Posted by ROBOTTI2009

Loving it. Oh man cant wait until next one

Posted by Lunar_Aura

Time paradox probably happened because the king had celebratory rescue sex with his granddaughter

Posted by ObsideonDarman

Thanks to this Endurance Run I am now the proud owner of Chrono Trigger for the DS.

Posted by GunslingerPanda

Hm, not really enjoying this. Meh, nevermind.

Posted by Twinblade34

am i the only one finding Ryan and Patrick hilarious? seriously, try to like it atleast.

Posted by Jonnyflash80

Brog couldn't have been a more perfect name. No one is going to mess with a party that has a Brono and a Brog.

Posted by Yagami

Never played Chrono Trigger, nor do I mind that Ryan has played a few hours and Patrick completed it.

I kinda just wish the episodes were a bit longer. :3 Longing for next one.

Posted by Itwastuesday

Alright, that tears it. This game looks like way too much fun. Gotta play it all before I get the rest spoiled by the endurance run.

Posted by nick_verissimo

I wasn't too sure about this ER, but so far I'm really enjoying this!

Posted by Kucheeky

Fuck yes

Posted by flawless988

@metalsnakezero said:

Best comment ever for adding Kurisu.

Posted by picklecannon

@Clonedzero said:

@Cyrisaurus said:

I'm sorry, but I just don't see the potential in this ER.

With Persona 4 and Deadly Premonition, there were countless, unexpected moments that were crazy, epic, and sometimes fucking hilarious. I just don't see moments like that happening in an SNES game.

Also, because this is a well known game, that both Ryan and Patrick have played... it just... takes away the excitement of not knowing what you guys are getting yourselves into, which is what made the other ERs amazing. (Besides Vinny)

I'll stilll give this a chance, though.

i feel the same way. i mean im still watching it, and its mildly entertaining, but with such an iconic well known game, and both of them having played it. often obviously pretending to not know whats going to happen but they really already know. it kinda ruins it.

i mean even little things like ryan looting the power tab and patrick instantly saying "use that, its a consumable" is a wasted moment where it would have been them trying to figure out wtf a power tab was.

i have the feeling i'll quickly get tired of this, as well as most people who have played through CT.

Even small things like patrick remembering that zombor was on zenan bridge takes away from the mystery and discovery of an ER where both players dont know the game.

Posted by DeanoXD

weak sauce he used a second save slot. This isn't a legit endurance run.

Posted by Winsord
I'm going to go play this organ, if you know what I mean.
Posted by Video_Game_King

Can somebody remind me if the whole "potential paradox happens, you fucking disappear" thing ever happens again in the game? Is it just Marle, or were there a few more? I can't remember any other than this.

Posted by BulletproofMonk

Brog.

Posted by phrosnite

BBB - bate boiko borisov

Posted by bunkerbuster05

@Twinblade34 said:

am i the only one finding Ryan and Patrick hilarious? seriously, try to like it atleast.

I am too. I feel bad for the people who are going to miss out on the next few months of hilarity.

Posted by Wes899

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Posted by Maajin

I'm already anxious for tomorrow. Only complaint so far: please make longer episodes.

Posted by Merricks

Science!

Posted by InfiniteGeass

@metalsnakezero said:

Fuck yes.

Posted by notdavid

Can't wait until they get to Robo. I mean Bobo.

Posted by RuthLoose

Brog: Brog will do.

Posted by The_Hiro_Abides

Science!

Posted by golguin

@InfiniteGeass said:

@metalsnakezero said:

Fuck yes.

Christina will science the shit out of anything.

Posted by Marnox

@President_Evil: must be your monitor or video card. Everything is fine for me!

Posted by leem101

i have this game on the DS, played about 3 hours of it and thought it was really great, no idea why i didnt continue to play on

Posted by Cloudenvy

@golguin said:

@InfiniteGeass said:

@metalsnakezero said:

Fuck yes.

Christina will science the shit out of anything.

Man, sometimes I want to like Steins;Gate way more than I actually did. The characters ruined that show for me. : (

Still not really enjoying this ER, sorry GB dudes.

Posted by JackSukeru

@picklecannon said:

Even small things like patrick remembering that zombor was on zenan bridge takes away from the mystery and discovery of an ER where both players dont know the game.

Wait, that was a real thing? That's bull! They shouldn't mention things that're coming up if they recall them, I haven't played (much) of this game before myself.

Apart from that I'm really enjoying this so far, and I really don't think they remember as much as other people do or think that they do. I've played past this point some years ago myself but didn't remember the nun-part, or what followed, at all.

Posted by XTraFries

Doing a great job so far, guys.

never got the chance to play this game and I'm very much enjoying your take on it

Posted by AwesomeAquaman

Bro's like sexy nun werewolves!

Edited by Max_Hydrogen

I guess the only way for me to really enjoy this is to make it my own RPG:

Batrick and Bryan have joined your party.

You yelled 10 "Shut Up Klepek!"s: Your Science Hammer now does 10 HP damage. Next level up: 15 SUKs.

This installment was spoiled in the last episode's comments: You lose 5 MP.

The ER was pre-recorded and might already be completed thereby defeating its episodic presentation and multiple episodes seem to have been recorded in one sitting: Critical hit.

Respond to "What if I don't want to buy anything from that guy?" with "Then don't talk to him asshole!": Revive.

You gained 26 EXP. Level up! You are now Friends with the Dragon (Level 2).

Next Level: Saucepan Man (63 EXP).

I'm working on the table-top version...

Posted by HarrySound

@Cyrisaurus: kinda agree, the opportunity for jankyness isn't there really.

I'd like to see them just do some crazy games, seem japanaese games are well fitted to it though.

Maybe not 2d JRPG's :/

they should ER mass effect 1 and 2 before the 3rd release :)

Posted by paulunga

You know, I used to like reading the comments section on your site but nowadays it seems as if it reached the same level as youtube comments. Bummer.

Posted by Lightdud

@Cyrisaurus:

Someone has probably already mentioned this, but in the first video Ryan said he's only played an hour or so into the game, he has yet to get anywhere into it, really.

Posted by Suits

yeh lets go on :D

Posted by RedRoach

@Max_Hydrogen: You do know that every ER including P4 was recorder in large chunks. They didn't play it everyday, they recorded 4 or 5 episodes at a time.

There were so many great opportunities for amazing, stupid jokes. I'm starting to see why people are so bummed out on this.

Posted by MaFoLu

Multiple save slots!? 
Blasphemy!

Posted by Jost1

ROLY RIDAAAH

Posted by bslayer

yay, part 2. i wonder how many episodes this will be?

Posted by Sunspots

This is how I spell addiction; Chrono Trigger Endurance Run.

Thank you guys for choosing one of my all time favorite games for this endurance run.

Posted by Jerr

Sorry dudes, that head shaking gag is getting a bit long in the tooth already.

Posted by eezo

@bslayer: i'm guessing 50-60+

Posted by Roger_Klotz

I don't know why people want longer episodes. This one was 38 mins, more than enough for me to watch. I don't have the time to sit through 2 hours of an ER. Probably why I didn't finish watching the other two.

Posted by FateOfNever

I wonder if they know to open the "mystery boxes" in reverse time order, starting as far forward in time, working their way back in time.. probably not, and they probably won't care about it either. Oh well.

Posted by Jost1

Excuse me castle servant lady, I ordered marinara on the side and that I have yet to receive.

Posted by tater3698

we need persona 5....

Edited by cikame

I crave videos to watch after work, giant bomb is here to provide.

Edit: i get the feeling Ryan's aversion to healing is going to bite them hard.