336 Comments
Posted by Humanity

@Jerr said:

Sorry dudes, that head shaking gag is getting a bit long in the tooth already.

Not only that but the whole Jersey Shore thing is getting a bit old. The naming itself is fine Brog was funny but the bro jokes, ehhh

Edited by Abendlaender

I'm enjoying this a little more than the first one but I would really like it if Patrick wouldn't be soooo obvious about the fact that he already played the game.

But at this point I guess I have two options:

I watch the ER and shut up

Or I don't watch it.

No need to watch it, "hate" it and then complain about it in the comments

Edited by lordofultima

@Humanity said:

@Jerr said:

Sorry dudes, that head shaking gag is getting a bit long in the tooth already.

Not only that but the whole Jersey Shore thing is getting a bit old. The naming itself is fine Brog was funny but the bro jokes, ehhh

Dunno if that's a Jersey Shore thing, just a "life" thing. Everybody and they mama says bro.

@Max_Hydrogen said:

I guess the only way for me to really enjoy this is to make it my own RPG:

Batrick and Bryan have joined your party.

You yelled 10 "Shut Up Klepek!"s: Your Science Hammer now does 10 HP damage. Next level up: 15 SUKs.

This installment was spoiled in the last episode's comments: You lose 5 MP.

The ER was pre-recorded and might already be completed thereby defeating its episodic presentation and multiple episodes seem to have been recorded in one sitting: Critical hit.

Respond to "What if I don't want to buy anything from that guy?" with "Then don't talk to him asshole!": Revive.

You gained 26 EXP. Level up! You are now Friends with the Dragon (Level 2).

Next Level: Saucepan Man (63 EXP).

I'm working on the table-top version...

Isn't that how anything episodic works? Surely they don't record one episode of CSI then put it on television, then go record another episode of CSI. The other two endurance runs as I understand had moments where they recorded a whole week worth of video in one sitting. This would be no different.

Edited by cyraxible

And today is the day I close the comments and don't look back. You people complaining are fucking ridiculous.

Edited by Myomoto

Yo, what up Bro-G!?

Posted by SWD

Please learn the bass Patrick

Posted by Flappy

Patrick's Bro voice is so gdlk.

Posted by Lydian_Sel

I don't know what it is about this new Endurance Run but I'm enjoying it much more than its predecessors!!

Posted by TehChich

This is the first endurance run I've gotten to experience(I had to watch the other two after they had long since finished), and it's a lot of fun! I'm really tempted to start drawing stuff for each episode! @ u@

Posted by Hector

I want to play Chrono Trigger now..argh. Should I get it from the PS Store or the WiiShop?

Posted by amomjc

Why are people still complaining about this ER? It's happening, either enjoy it or not...sheesh.

Posted by Cirdain

@Lydian_Sel said:

I don't know what it is about this new Endurance Run but I'm enjoying it much more than its predecessors!!

It's less funny but its actually a good game so I feel it's going to be great. Also I can put it in Ryan and Patrick to bring on the funny.

Posted by 234r2we232

I'm amazed it's managed to go on this long already.

Posted by XcL

I'm losing productivity playing chrono trigger on my phone at work thx GB.

Posted by ALavaPenguin

@Cyrisaurus: I mean I dunno did you really want them to just not do one at all? THe thing is, this game is old enough it has REALLY weird and quirky story and gameplay elements which have already I have found the first two episodes to be vastly entertaining. Be happy with what you have and dont' complain when they finally give us what we have been asking for. There will be another endurance run after this one some day and it will prob be more obscure, but for the more well known titles this is honestly probably one of the best choices. Not every endurance run has to be obscure.

I am loving this one this is great and a lot of fun! I had my doubts at first when I first heard it was Brono Trigger but after watching the episodes I quickly proved myself wrong.

Posted by Commisar123

Wow those nuns are fucking creepy

Posted by Ventilaator
@tater3698 said:

we need persona 5....

I'll never stop being amazed at people actually thinking a Persona 5 Endurance Run is going to happen eventually.

Like seriously. What.
Posted by Korne

@Cyrisaurus said:

I'm sorry, but I just don't see the potential in this ER.

With Persona 4 and Deadly Premonition, there were countless, unexpected moments that were crazy, epic, and sometimes fucking hilarious. I just don't see moments like that happening in an SNES game.

Also, because this is a well known game, that both Ryan and Patrick have played... it just... takes away the excitement of not knowing what you guys are getting yourselves into, which is what made the other ERs amazing. (Besides Vinny)

I'll stilll give this a chance, though.

I thought neither really played them much. Ryan said he has only put in a few ours till now.

Posted by Korne

@Ravoric said:

Go Go Brono Trigger!

Brono Brigger!

Posted by xite

Well I already know how to play the bass. Guess I've got my next tune to practice!

Posted by Mezmero

This endurance run is turning out much better than I anticipated. It's been long enough since I last played Chrono Trigger to enjoy the story and you guys are keeping it funny and insightful. I almost died laughing when you guys started the Brono thing in the first episode. Last time I played it I named the Robo character as Shogo. I believe if you leave certain chests closed in the past, they will yield greater treasure in future versions of those areas. Too bad you opened all of the castle chests already. You guys have probably recorded a bunch of episodes so it's probably a bit too late to let you know that. Thanks and keep this show going as long as you can!

Posted by MeatSim

The B-Team has been assembled!

Posted by TinyGallon

"Sinister Nuns" is my favorite nu-metal band

Posted by RelentlessKnight

what are you doing ryan.... why aren't you overwriting your save slot

Posted by Divina_Rex

Science Hammer!

Posted by Demon_Sandwich

I think want to play Chrono Trigger again and I played this less than two years ago.

Posted by AlwaysBeClothing

Oh Brog, YOU SO CRAZY

Posted by DrunkenWisdom

The load times for the menus and battles for the PSN version are fun...

Posted by PJ

@Jason_Bourne said:

@Max_Hydrogen: You do know that every ER including P4 was recorder in large chunks. They didn't play it everyday, they recorded 4 or 5 episodes at a time.

There were so many great opportunities for amazing, stupid jokes. I'm starting to see why people are so bummed out on this.

Actually no they didn't. They did do that once or twice when Jeff was out on assignment. Jeff has gone on record saying that thats not a good way of doing it since they want to be "topical" and be able to interact with the audience more and that the episodes end up to short when you record them a bunch at a time.

What they do is record the day before meaning unless they came in on Sunday, they recorded the first two episodes on monday for this ER and next mondays episode will be recorded on friday. There is very little editing to be done with and ER so they are able to do the recording and really soon after have the files ready to go online.

Posted by Irvandus

Hey Brono is Deadly Premonition your favorite game?

Posted by vikingdeath1

Someone make the videogame location Yelp

Posted by Zripwud

I'd love if the premium members could see the endurance run live, before being edited into one day chunks. Moaaarrrr!!!!!!

Posted by Afroman269

Gnasher? This doesn't look like Gears.

Posted by MrOldboy

Hmm, I wish I didn't know the story, gameplay, visuals, audio, well had played the game before. I still dont like this idea for an ER. This would have been much better suited as an extended QL throwback and just have whoever's playing it bring in the cart to record a segment. Or at least have someone who hasn't played the game be on instead of Patrick. I'm just having a hard time being interested knowing exactly what is happening next and the banter, just isn't very entertaining. Patrick usually does his research and has interesting comments on the bombcast and QL's, but that has no place in the tone the last ER's have had.

Posted by MindOST

I'm actually really enjoying this so far.

Haters gonna hate.

Edited by mutha3
@PJ said:

@Jason_Bourne said:

@Max_Hydrogen: You do know that every ER including P4 was recorder in large chunks. They didn't play it everyday, they recorded 4 or 5 episodes at a time.

There were so many great opportunities for amazing, stupid jokes. I'm starting to see why people are so bummed out on this.

Actually no they didn't. They did do that once or twice when Jeff was out on assignment. Jeff has gone on record saying that thats not a good way of doing it since they want to be "topical" and be able to interact with the audience more and that the episodes end up to short when you record them a bunch at a time.

What they do is record the day before meaning unless they came in on Sunday, they recorded the first two episodes on monday for this ER and next mondays episode will be recorded on friday. There is very little editing to be done with and ER so they are able to do the recording and really soon after have the files ready to go online.

The VJ-Deadly Premonition ER literally recorded episodes 20ish-37 in one fell swoop.
Posted by sirdesmond

Best insult: Show us your stamp collection!

Posted by Robopengy

A second save in an ER?! HERESY!

Posted by shodan2020

Aaaaah Ah! A-TONIC!

Posted by takua108

What the fuck is this "two save slots" business?!

Posted by KillerPidgeon

@Yagami: My exact thoughts!

My only problem now is that I want to play the game myself but I want Ryan and Patrick's commentary

Posted by TripMasterMunky

@Hector said:

I want to play Chrono Trigger now..argh. Should I get it from the PS Store or the WiiShop?

WiiShop, the PS version isn't great.

Edited by TripMasterMunky

@takua108 said:

Right? They broke the one-save tradition! Vinny needs to sit in on one of these and tell them how to do it right.

Posted by TehJedicake

This makes me wanna play this so bad lol

Posted by takua108

@TripMasterMunky said:

@takua108 said:

Right? They broke the one-save tradition! Vinny needs to sit in on one of these and tell them how to do it right.

In all seriousness, though, I'm more or less joking. Two episodes in and this is already great.

Posted by Phatmac

I don't get why Ryan and Patrick would even do this. Either way people will find a way to complain about FREE content. Endurance Runs aren't what you want them to be, it's what the GB crew wants to play. So try to shut up for one moment and maybe enjoy what you have with this ER? Give it a chance before you try to hate it.

Posted by wrathofconn

Multiple save slots won't help you when that battery dies!

Posted by Earthborn

I still don't understand why they're playing Crono Trigger. Why not a more obscure rpg? Anyway, good luck guys. Don't force the humor. Let it flow naturally.

Edited by AStoutYeoman

Please oh please get somebody in your party named Witch...

Posted by SeanFoster

People take Endurance Runs too seriously.@Phatmac said:

I don't get why Ryan and Patrick would even do this. Either way people will find a way to complain about FREE content. Endurance Runs aren't what you want them to be, it's what the GB crew wants to play. So try to shut up for one moment and maybe enjoy what you have with this ER? Give it a chance before you try to hate it.

People are acting like there's some ER Rules & Regulations handbook.