54 Comments
  • 54 results
Posted by ocdog45

Best Skylander IS Drobot, and Skylander should of won best sky use.

Posted by deerokus
@Moonling: Agreed!  It's in my to9p 5 overall for the year.  Sword and Sworcery was pretty crappy I thought :<
Posted by Aarny91

Skyrim's environments are amazing.

Posted by MeatSim

GB awards need more Skylanders categories clearly.

Posted by hollitz

How did "You're the Best" during the wrestling sequence of Saints Row not get mentioned? Goddamnit I loved that game so much.

Posted by needlesjt

Of course it's Drobot, Drobot is the illest!

Posted by Moonling

Bulletstorm should of been one of the final 3 in the best debut category as it's better than at least two of the other nominated games (haven't played Bastion), and is the best single-player fps of the year.

Posted by DukesT3

I'll play Saints Row. Don't worry guys. =) i'll trade in skyrim for it.

Posted by natto

Chop Chop was robbed.

Posted by BoneChompski

Never heard the song "power" but the rest seem well reasoned.

Posted by spilledmilkfactory

I just got a Drobot today as a late Christmas gift! Hell yeah

Posted by RoyaleWifCheese

I love this "crappy FMV from an old nineties PC game" thing you guys are doing with the award videos this year. This is why I give you my money.

Posted by jkuc316

I should really get SR3, but I'm saving for a Vita.

Posted by Itwastuesday

My favorite licensed music moment in SR3 was the 'You're the Best Around' while you fucking murder like 30 unarmed luchadores with a chainsaw

Posted by Little_Socrates

@McDevy said:

@Little_Socrates: Or they just wanted to finally nod back to the debut trailer and use a really good song... >_>

They blew it though without the vocals, or really an extended play.

If you didn't find the debut trailer hilarious, I think that's an appropriate response. I find the Mad World/Gears of War connection to be a complete farce throughout the run of the trilogy by the time that first game came out. To someone who has always found it funny that Gears of War is trying to be something it so totally isn't (and probably shouldn't be,) the use of that song completely set off every funny bone in my body.

Of course, I didn't really love the previous two games like a lot of people did. I didn't finish either of them, for that matter. Gears 3 taught me I don't really like their gameplay.

Posted by doobymoo

Chop Chop got robbed!

Posted by Xymox

I'm sure bethesda is delighted to recieve such a prestigious reward like "Best Sky Game". I don't think they've updated their blog, however...

:P

Posted by evanbower

GB's awards never disappoint. Just synonymous with the holiday season for me at this point. Happy holidays everyone!

Posted by bkbroiler

I actually really like the use of Mad World in Gears 3. When it first came on in multiplayer I thought I was losing my mind. Glad to see it on the list.

Posted by iAmJohn

God damn right the Power scene won. A couple friends were watching me play the game (because they wanted to see the Sublime scene), and this was the moment that convinced all of them to go buy it. So fucking well done.

Posted by chilibean_3

@PerfidiousSinn said:

Saints Row The Third really should've had a mission select.

Seriously. I'm playing trough a second time but already want to go back and play a couple of the missions a third time.

Posted by NoelVeiga

Sooo the problem about these FMV interludes? The acting is way better than in the games it's spoofing. I mean WAY better. It's a bit creepy how good it is, in fact.

Posted by McDevy

@Little_Socrates: Or they just wanted to finally nod back to the debut trailer and use a really good song... >_>

They blew it though without the vocals, or really an extended play.

Edited by vinsanityv22

STEALTH ELF GOT SCREWED!

At least WWE All Stars got some recognition from SOMEONE though, so that's cool. That game is awesome fun, even if needed more content desperately (and some more depth to it's engine in general. Though who cares when they absolutely nailed the core stuff that games like Mortal Kombat can't even nail. Glad THQ San Diego understands how animation and controls are supposed to get along, and didn't just serve up a bunch of stupid, stilted, pre-canned combos like MK)

Posted by HellBrendy

@TheMasterDS said:

I'd prefer if SRtT's use of "I need a Hero" had won as that was really spectacular.

Yeah, that was way better actually. I nearly laughed my ass of.

Edited by TheMasterDS

I'd prefer if SRtT's use of "I need a Hero" had won as that was really spectacular.

Posted by heavyplay

@whistlebottom said:

I'm imagining the only other option was the use of "I Need A Hero" in Saints Row: The Third. Game is ridiculous.

I was going to post this, but yeah, I would have given it to Bonnie Tyler.

Posted by Slow_pC

I'm seconding the saints row .... :)

Posted by PerfidiousSinn

Saints Row The Third really should've had a mission select.

Posted by gamma_male

I have to respectfully disagree with the Best Use of a Licensed Song winner. Holding Out for a Hero in the penultimate level of the very same game had me laughing so hard, a small amount of urine came out. If I hadn't been wearing Tena for Men, it'd have been pretty embarrassing.

Posted by MisterMouse

you should play saint row...

Posted by VarkhanMB

Still a bit bitter that nobody mentioned the use of "You're the Best" by Joe Esposito during Murderbrawl XXXI. Right at the appropriate moment, too!

Oh well, Power won so that's good :)

Posted by Masha2932

I love Jeff's appreciation of Skylanders. Then I find out it's number 5 on John Vignocchi's list. I must get this game!!

Posted by falling_fast

they really pulled out all the stops making these videos this year.

Posted by Claude

The Legend of Zelda got a sky rimjob if you ask me. Calling bias on Bastion. Ha, just kidding. Great awards, dicks.

Posted by Ben_H

Oh man, Saints Row 3 just finished downloading. Can't wait to start!

Posted by CowsWithGuns

Great awards and great acting by brad! I just downloaded Power.

Posted by Mandrewgora
Posted by Little_Socrates

@XNaphryz said:

@whistlebottom said:

I'm imagining the only other option was the use of "I Need A Hero" in Saints Row: The Third. Game is ridiculous.

Really, you can make an argument for the top 4 being all from SR3 if you include the Sublime singalong and the hilarious use of You're The Best Around in that other mission.

Those were certainly my top 4, anyways.

Also, I thought the use of Mad World in Gears 3 was absolutely destructive to the moment. That was supposed to be the emotional climax of the series, and I sat there roaring like a hyena. Absolutely hysterical. It was akin to the tape stopping in the middle of that cutscene, having Cliffy B walk on screen, and yell "You see, you fuckers? We can make a shooter with emotions AND explosions! Look at it! See these explosions! They're emotional. So stop telling us that we didn't deliver on that first Mad World trailer, you little shit. We finally did it, guys. Let's go to Disney World. Roll tape."

Posted by ZarakixKenpachi

My god these are the best awards ever.

Posted by BeachThunder

There might have been some stiff competition if Skyoshock came out this year.

Posted by banunn1

@Nightriff: Truph! Welcome to the community sir

Posted by Rapid

*Reads first category.... already burst out laughing

Oh Giantbomb =)

Posted by Curufinwe

Pretty lame awards today. Hoping for better tomorrow.

Posted by freakin9

I feel that the mechanized implants give Drobot an unfair edge, and I suspect doping. Or droping.

Edited by themangalist

Brad has awesome acting. Best surprise of 2011.

Posted by XNaphryz

@whistlebottom said:

Really, you can make an argument for the top 4 being all from SR3 if you include the Sublime singalong and the hilarious use of You're The Best Around in that other mission.

Posted by whistlebottom

Posted by AngelN7

Bradzard it's the best Wizard in the kingdom

Posted by DeF

I love those categories :D

Totally random ...but not!

• 54 results