157 Comments
  • 157 results
Posted by Viking_Funeral

Best new addition at Giantbomb: Patrick

And you know what? Portal had a bigger impact on me that Portal 2. Portal 2 was a better overall game, and I'd rather play it of the two, but in some ways I was let down by it. Portal was just an amazing surprise.

Posted by Getz

Not sure I would have put Catherine so high on my list but Pat seems to put atmosphere and tone above gameplay which is interesting.

Posted by Toug

While I might not agree (I'm not sure to be honest), Portal vs Portal 2 is a totally valid argument you could have.

Posted by EnduranceFun

Cool list, Batrick.

Edited by HerbieBug

@Batmeng said:

"Portal 2 is not as good as Portal."

Haha, wow.

I was going to say...

A case can be made that Portal 2 does not exceed the quality of Portal 1, only equals it, but to say it is inferior? Madness. Sacrilege. Heresy.

*edit-- quoted the wrong person. fixed.

Posted by csl316

As much as I enjoyed all the FMV this week, I think they saved the best for last.

Posted by cavemantom

Heavy drops, Kleptok.

Posted by dungbootle

I have to agree, I liked Portal more than Portal 2.

Posted by Scrawnto

I wonder if Jeff or someone just really wanted an excuse to make some dubstep, and Kleptok was the result. I don't know, but I am fully in favor of it.

Posted by Dany

You're not Drew.

Posted by sagesebas

Portal 2 is way better than Portal

Posted by Shtinky

I'm not surprised that I agree with almost every game on Patrick's list. My personal favourite of the GB Top 10's so far. :)

Posted by NTM

@sagesebas said:

Portal 2 is way better than Portal

Posted by TobiasParker

Wait. Did he just say "packs of beer"?

Posted by SSully

Portal 2 isn't as good as Portal 1? I am pretty sure it improved upon the original in every way possible.

Posted by PillClinton

Great and quite surprising list, and 'great' video.

Posted by BlazeHedgehog

Sort of at a loss how Patrick says Portal 2 isn't as good as Portal 1. Might as well be saying Super Mario Bros. 3 isn't as good as Super Mario Bros. 1.

Posted by Tan

Bastion where you at.

Posted by Nekroskop

Thank you Patrick for putting Shadows of the Damned on the list.

Posted by Demilich

>No Dark Souls

:/

Posted by murisan

Patrick: The bastion of hipsterdom at Giantbomb.

Posted by TheSouthernDandy

Interesting to see Catherine on a top 10. Pretty good list I like it.

Posted by Godlyawesomeguy

@nasirum said:

Patrick: The bastion of hipsterdom at Giantbomb.

Well, someone has to be it.

Posted by brocool

Nice list!

Posted by HowDire

Is that a Fez T-shirt I see? WANT

Posted by Chris2KLee

Great list, and as said on the Bombcast, the addition of Patrick to the sight in general has been a great addition this year.

Posted by AxleBro

god damn, portal fanboys cant get over that 1 sentence, huh...

Posted by mystakin

Consider me in the "Portal is better than Portal 2" camp I suppose. Both games excel at what they do, but Portal literally changed the way I thought about story and video games. It, along with Bioshock, defined a kind of environmental storytelling that I'd never experienced before. Portal 2 never gave me the sense that I was a step ahead of the game itself, which is how I felt in Portal.

As for the rest of the list, and MOTHA EFFIN' KLEPTOK, I loved it. Seeing Catherine that high up, and the praise he threw at it, makes me consider giving it a whirl despite the block puzzles.

Posted by Arrested_Developer

I went from loathing to loving the block puzzles of Catherine.

Posted by ghostNPC

I agree with all of the arguments Patrick presented. Really like the inclusion of that IOS game. Kind of wish I had something that could run it; looks great.

Posted by tdous

Glad to see someone credit Deus Ex: HR. I LOVED that game. I was amazed it didn't make the overall top 10.

Posted by Tarsier

patrick dub step sucks.

Posted by Zaxex

F yes Shadows of the Damned making a list. Catherine too; looking forward to playing watching the cut-scenes when the game comes out in Europe.

Posted by RageKage14

Yeah, Patrick. I too wonder how things might have been different if Skyward Sword came out years earlier. Then the Wii might have been the #1 selling console instead of the #1 selling console.

Wait...Patrick's opinions are stupid.

Posted by Kinapuff

I wub this list.

Posted by RNiemeijer

Kleptok !

Edited by fetchfox

Great list Patrick, and I agree with a lot of your choices (especially Portal 2, Sword & Sworcery and Skyrim).

Posted by JDW519

Oh god, Patrick is the ghost of dubsteps past

Posted by Mezmero

All hail the omnipotent being of unspeakable dubsteo.

Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

@RageKage14 said:

Yeah, Patrick. I too wonder how things might have been different if Skyward Sword came out years earlier. Then the Wii might have been the #1 selling console instead of the #1 selling console.

Hes not talking about that, hes talking about how developers/people who play games might have actually taken motion controls seriously. 

Great list Patrick!
Posted by President_Barackbar

Going into this video, I was like "Here comes Klepek to pander to the Japanese and Nintendo game sections of the site", and as soon as I saw Shadows of the Damned I thought my suspicions were confirmed. Then I actually listened to his reasoning, and I have to say, he justified all of his picks very well, even the surpise #2 pick of Catherine. Now, that doesn't mean I'm suddenly going to change my opinion about Nintendo and Japanese games, but he absolutely didn't feel to me like he was pandering. Well done.

Posted by Shaanyboi

I shall call you... the Wub-Dragon

Posted by Xeirus

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

@RageKage14 said:

Hes not talking about that, hes talking about how developers/people who play games might have actually taken motion controls seriously. Great list Patrick!

Wow, some people serious don't get it, must suck making a total ass out of yourself online.

Posted by Nights

Man, ever since I first heard about Superbrothers: Sword and Sorcery EP from Greg K's list, I've wanted to play it so badly. I don't have an iPhone or iPad (rockin an ASUS Transformer Prime) so not looking like a possibility. Bummer.

Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG
@Xeirus: Im hoping youre not talking about me....
Posted by Snowsprite

ooooh my god f*cuk skyrim

Posted by captain_clayman

not enough dubstep

Edited by clapperdude

Maybe a lot hasn't changed, but the few things that were changed have easily made You Don't Know Jack the worst release of the series on PC.

Posted by mikevachon123

Must ... see ... full length ghost patrick dubstep video

Posted by vizionblind

enough of this shit dub step music

• 157 results