121 Comments
  • 121 results
Posted by Oky

This was a fun video.

Posted by Noblenerf

This video makes me regret not finishing Freedom Fighters.
Oh, sugar!

Posted by peritus

@manbot47 said:

this made me want to get a premium account

A wise choice!

Edited by manbot47

this made me want to get a premium account

Posted by TooWalrus

Laughed way too hard when Vinny said "why don't you want to come out? Or, are you busy picking a dudes skull out of your teeth?"

Edited by brandondryrock

Dang, I might have to go home and play this tonight. Such a good game.

Also, it is hard watching this video with Vinny not knowing about auto aim.

Edited by Undeadpool

This has given me a STRONG desire to boot this up again. I own it on STEAM but I've only played about 20 mins.

Edit: I love Drew's shouting of advice like "NONONONO! THEERE'S A MEDKIT THAT WAY!" and when both of them scream simultaneously.

Posted by SSully

They did such a great job for not playing in so long. There were so many close calls, but they played smart and pulled out at the proper time.

Posted by sawtooth

(hellicopter shows up)

Vinney - "Get inside something!"

(runs in a circle)

it's too good

Posted by Shadow

Next time on "Load Vinny's Brother's Last Save"...

Posted by Buddy900

"Show that guy's face whos boss" - Drew

Posted by sungahymn

I totally remember this game, though I never played or bought it.

Posted by Death_Burnout

Wow didn't even know this happened...

Posted by defcomm

Yes, finish this game guys. Such an overlooked and fantastic game.

Posted by DBoy

"Wait, who's Chris?"

"He's your brother."

Totally lost it there. Anyway, this was an amazing game, so underestimated. Glad they did a LOLS on it.

Posted by brocool

OMG freedom fighters! Cue Awesome music

Posted by Ross

I hate to use this word but that was beyond EPIC!

Edited by CitizenKane

While I love watching this post-live, but these LOLSs are a lot more fun live and in the chat with other people.

Posted by rockhardalibi

This takes me back. Guys seem to be having fun with it, please keep it up.

Posted by RenegadeSaint

If the Giant Bomb staff were fighting game characters and their abilities were based on gaming skills, it would look a little something like this:

Top Tier: Jeff, Drew

Mid Tier: Vinny, Dave, Patrick

Bottom Tier: Brad, Ryan

Posted by InfamousBIG

This was funny, fun, and intense, but I would like to see a new game instead of a part 2.

Posted by BetaMax

Represent da FCK Son!

Posted by Largo6661

the game has an autoaim just look at them ans pull the trigger, no need to zoom in lol

Posted by MeatSim

This almost got me to dig up my Gamecube and plug it in just to play this.

Posted by cikame

Better on pc, amazing game.

Posted by JJOR64

That video was fantastic. Easily the best LOLS so far.

Posted by Max21

Love this game

Posted by Citizengamer

Great pick for LOLS. The storyline is decent enough (in that "Red Dawn" sort of way, except less nihilistic) and the gameplay really shines. I don't think I've come across a game since that combines the basic squad command stuff with an overarching strategic element (e.g. take out the attack helipad to stop the Hind from shooting up your resistance fighters, or take out the troop transport helicopter to stop Soviet reinforcements). I remember being furious whenever one of my resistance fighters would be killed (rather than just wounded) -- that happened toward the end on the last level when my squad ran smack into one of the heavily armored Soviet soldiers on a stairwell. The Soviet knocked down one of my fighters, unloaded his heavy machine gun clip into him while he was lying on the ground ... and then was promptly beaten to death by my angry squad.

Posted by teekomeeko

I was laughing during the whole video. Great commentary and the game looks super-cool as well.

Posted by TheThirdMan

Start from the beginning! Vinny and Drew Freedom Fighters Endurance Run! So impressed they came into this cold and finished the level. I remember this game being hard as shit.

Posted by bybeach

A worthless suggestion because it is too late, but Vinny could have avoided some awkwardness and in my opinion initially enjoyed the game if he had played the PC version of this game. I noticed the imput being kind of funny because of mapping and such, whereas on the K+M it was straightforward and smooth.

I say this though because it was Vinny who reminded me by a remark of his I think on the Bombcast, that he uses a controller for many PC games, and that reminder has helped me with titles like Space Marine, Fallout 3 and such.

Posted by BruceBonsai

This was such a good game. I really hoped they would have showed some of the multiplayer though. :(

Posted by falpatrick

The aiming is so much better in the PC. Bloody great game. Remember it fondly and this LOLS was fantastic. Roll on part 2!

Posted by ZagZagovich

I LOVE THIS GAME! Love it. Too bad it never got a sequel and homefront was shit.

Posted by DeF

@warmonked said:

aw. I thought it said "Freedom Force" at first. Oh well, maybe in some future Random PC Game...

in the forum thread I noted that I always mix those two titles up :D

I'd love to see them play Freedom Force as well, though!

Watching this kinda reminded me of watching Rorie play Dark Souls. That feeling of "Oh my god, what's around the next corner? Do I have enough stuff? Do I go back and revive my guys or save it for myself?" - it's extremely fun to watch. At least for me!

Posted by steevl

@xobballox said:

Wipe them out. TEAM?!

Heh, even when it first came out that sounded clumsy.

Get over there!ALL OF YOU!

Posted by Ghostiet
@warmonked said:

aw. I thought it said "Freedom Force" at first. Oh well, maybe in some future Random PC Game...

That would be great. Jesus, we have to propose that, a sequel to that would be great.
Posted by Tondo

This was one of my favorite games back in the day and this video made me get the game from the warehouse and start playing it again ! Hope you really come back to it and finish the fight.

Posted by RandomInternetUser

Wipe them out. TEAM?!

Edited by NekuCTR

medkitmedkitmedkit.com.

Posted by deerokus

Underrated classic, this one.  Not really been any games quite like it since then.

Posted by HydraHam

DREW!!

Come on GB, it's 2012! bring drew in on the bombcast or put him on more content! 2012! the year of drew-mania!

Edited by beard_of_zeus

This game was so fantastic, looks like it still holds up quite well. I loved how you could tackle different parts of each mission in a different order to affect things elsewhere. I used to have a copy of this for the PS2, but it got stolen :(

I remember this last mission being pretty damn hard, even on lower difficulties -  especially the final part at the fortress where you have to raise the four flags.

Also, your dude is a plumber, if I remember correctly, which explains the wrench and poor shooting accuracy. The Freedom Fighters are just regular joes, like you and me!

Posted by bybeach

The music was so good in this game.

Posted by prestonhedges

Remember when people used to read the manuals for their games? Yeah, me neither.

Posted by warmonked

Posted by chickdigger802

huh. strange that there was widescreen for xbox. I swear the pc version doesn't have that o_O.

Posted by falling_fast

poor vinny

Posted by arcn

For some reason Freedom Fighters keeps reminding me of the video game based on The Thing.

Posted by zityz

Freedom Fighters is such a great game. Shame a sequel will never happen and I'm glad I held onto my Gamecube copy.

• 121 results