26 Comments
Posted by firespot

I disagree incredibly, I love boomerangs... especially in games. Boomerangs in real life may not come back if it hits an enemy, but video games are fiction so anything goes... A boomerang in my opinion is a great weapon, you don't need any ammo so you don't run out of the weapon and you never need to get close to your attacker.

With all of the games using swords and guns, it's really fun in my opinion to see a weapon more interesting like a boomerang. I honestly find swords and gun lame and over used.

Posted by ShaggE

Counterpoint: Batarang.

Posted by TheSouthernDandy

This is pretty great. Glad it got brought back from the dead.

Posted by BisonHero

But what say you of Mr. Skrillex's Bangarang?

Posted by BaconGames

@ShaggE said:

Counterpoint: Batarang.

Son of a bitch you're right.

Posted by Daneian

Holy crap! How the hell did this happen?

Posted by Kevin_Cogneto

Your thread boomeranged on you! Looks like you have a lot of soul searching to do.

Posted by Daneian

@Kevin_Cogneto: My god, a metaphor. Time to walk across the Japanese countryside and find inner peace.

Posted by JackSukeru

I'd deconstruct your argument by throwing out some clever wordplay, but I'm too worried about possible comebacks.

Edited by Daneian

@JackSukeru said:

I'd deconstruct your argument by throwing out some clever wordplay, but I'm too worried about possible comebacks.

Really, I was just having fun with the idea.

The only other one of these I've ever wanted to do was on Top Man's Top Spin move from Mega Man 3.

Posted by MistaSparkle

Okay well first off, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger is some of the most baller shit ever created. Secondly, boomerangs are awesome video game items! It's a melee weapon that never runs out of ammo, how useful is that! I know you had the argument that you only get it back if it misses, but that is untrue. If you hit someone just right, you can get it to spin again and have it travel back to your hand. And for videogames boomerangs usually have the capability to go through enemies without losing momentum and return which is incredibly useful, especially in certain types of games like bullet-hell shooters. Lots of enemies and the chance to hit twice with one shot makes the boomerang as viable a weapon/item as anything.

Posted by Apparatus_Unearth

@BisonHero said:

But what say you of Mr. Skrillex's Bangarang?

bass WAA wuh wuh wuh wuh wuhwuh

Posted by JackSukeru

@Daneian: No see, it was a boomerang joke. "Throw out", "comebacks".

Won't blame you for not getting it, it was pretty lame.

Posted by Grillbar

nine out of ten times i would agree but the batarang and the boomarang in double dragon neon is one of the best weapons in the game, not saying much but still

Posted by Daneian

@Grillbar: @BaconGames: @ShaggE: How could I have forgotten the batarang!

Not dumb at all!

@JackSukeru said:

Daneian: No see, it was a boomerang joke. "Throw out", "comebacks".

Won't blame you for not getting it, it was pretty lame.

Naw man, it's just subtle. I sat here for fifteen minutes and I couldn't think something better. I respect the attempt and I respect you.

Posted by cmblasko

Completely, 1000% disagree - the boomerang from Legend of Zelda was straight up MAGICAL to me when I was a kid.

Posted by Ravenlight
Posted by Daneian

@Ravenlight said:

Power Blade and Power Blade II disagree with you.

I see your Power Blade and raise you one Dark Sector. Future space glaives are close enough and much more prone to user error. They're basically lawn darts.

Posted by AlmostSwedish

I enjoyed this a lot. And yes, fuck boomerangs.

Posted by oraknabo

Dragon Quest VIII has the best boomerang. It's my favorite weapon in the game. You can even craft it into a better one by tying nails to it.

Posted by Shortbreadtom

I'm with you poster. Despite how Ty was the hypest shit, the boomerang in general sucks.

Posted by Maajin

It is going. His left arm position indicates he just threw it and the motion lines says it's spinning counter-clockwise, matching the arm position. That said, boomerangs suck.

Posted by Daneian

@Maajin: I think he looks like he's trying to jump out of the way. That's the face of an elf boy scared shitless.

Posted by Daneian

@rebgav said:

The boomerang cross is the best item in Castlevania. This entire thread is invalid.

Ah, the old argument from divinity. God can render anything invalid, except anal fissures.