57 Comments
  • 57 results
Posted by jozzy

@drevilbones said:

@RockmanBionics said:

Not quite so lucky was that you didn't pick up her Humanity and the weapon that she dropped when you killed her :(

Yeah, I didn't realize that either until I was editing. Pretty much all of part 11 is The Bonehead Show starring the boneheads. We did a lot of dumb stuff. In our defense, we had also been drinking, so I'm just going to blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alchohol.

Thanks for clearing up the stuff about the summons! How exactly does one join these "sunbros?"

You need to kneel at an altar on the other side of that bridge with the dragon. You need 25 faith though, or -5 faith for every time you helped someone kill a boss.

Posted by 71Ranchero

Watching people play dark souls is way more frustrating then playing it on your own. I have only watched part one and I was enraged at how many arrows and flasks you used to kill that caster that you could have hit with your sword twice and been done with :P

I will watch some more of these. Provided I can keep my cool its kind of neat to get a different view of the game with some commentary that isnt full of "bro".

Posted by JackSukeru

@drevilbones: It's a convoluted process, basically you need to reach a certain shrine hidden in the area behind the dragon you met early in the game. You need to have 25 faith to be able to join, however this number is decreased by 5 for every time that you've helped another player defeat a boss. So if your Faith is at 10 helping any player defeat a boss on three occasions lets you join.(The base faith requirement used to be 50 before the update)

Knowing that this broken statue will eventually let you examine it and join a covenant is a bit far-fetched, though late in the game Solaire will be at the shrine and introduce you to it. Of course, this thing where nps's move around to already visited areas can make them hard to track down or follow through their stories fully, the burly knight guy outside the big locked gate is another example where you probably need a guide to see all his events the first time through the game.

Btw in case it wasn't already apparent I am Jacksukeru, it doesn't matter how you say it becasue it's not my real name. I'll just type out what I would have said on the video here.

The room you were in when you ended the video has two floors, the lower one has a false wall that will lead you to the Fire Keeper Quelaan. There is also an NPC blocking the way that looks like a regular enemy, don't attack it! I don't know why you suddenly only have one Fire Keeper soul, was it always like this, hopefully you didn't try to use the other one as is?

It's pretty dangerous to explore New Londo, but if you decide to do it there's another Fire Keeper soul hidden early on, you can actually get it as soon as you reach Firelink shrine in the very beginning. Just...run past some ghosts.

Posted by drevilbones

@Atramentous said:

Watching people play dark souls is way more frustrating then playing it on your own. I have only watched part one and I was enraged at how many arrows and flasks you used to kill that caster that you could have hit with your sword twice and been done with :P

I will watch some more of these. Provided I can keep my cool its kind of neat to get a different view of the game with some commentary that isnt full of "bro".

Yeah, we're kinda dumb sometimes. We keep on making dumb mistakes, so maybe for the sake of your blood pressure, you might want to find some better players to watch. Though, making vids that weren't full of dudebros yelling into mics is pretty much the major impetus for us making these, so it's gratifying to hear that it's appreciated. Hopefully we can make up for our lack of skill a bit with other positive qualities.

@RockmanBionics said:

@drevilbones: It's a convoluted process, basically you need to reach a certain shrine hidden in the area behind the dragon you met early in the game. You need to have 25 faith to be able to join, however this number is decreased by 5 for every time that you've helped another player defeat a boss. So if your Faith is at 10 helping any player defeat a boss on three occasions lets you join.(The base faith requirement used to be 50 before the update)

Knowing that this broken statue will eventually let you examine it and join a covenant is a bit far-fetched, though late in the game Solaire will be at the shrine and introduce you to it. Of course, this thing where nps's move around to already visited areas can make them hard to track down or follow through their stories fully, the burly knight guy outside the big locked gate is another example where you probably need a guide to see all his events the first time through the game.

Btw in case it wasn't already apparent I am Jacksukeru, it doesn't matter how you say it because it's not my real name. I'll just type out what I would have said on the video here.

The room you were in when you ended the video has two floors, the lower one has a false wall that will lead you to the Fire Keeper Quelaan. There is also an NPC blocking the way that looks like a regular enemy, don't attack it! I don't know why you suddenly only have one Fire Keeper soul, was it always like this, hopefully you didn't try to use the other one as is?

It's pretty dangerous to explore New Londo, but if you decide to do it there's another Fire Keeper soul hidden early on, you can actually get it as soon as you reach Firelink shrine in the very beginning. Just...run past some ghosts.

Actually, I had no idea you were JackSukeru! haha. Sorry about that. Thanks for all the help and support! We both appreciate it. Ima def try and find that false wall down there.

Posted by 71Ranchero

@drevilbones said:

@Atramentous said:

Yeah, we're kinda dumb sometimes. We keep on making dumb mistakes, so maybe for the sake of your blood pressure, you might want to find some better players to watch. Though, making vids that weren't full of dudebros yelling into mics is pretty much the major impetus for us making these, so it's gratifying to hear that it's appreciated. Hopefully we can make up for our lack of skill a bit with other positive qualities.

I didnt say anything about any lack of skill. DS is one of those games that everyone will play different and sometimes the easy way to do stuff just doesn't present itself until after you have done it the hard way a few times.

I like these. Hope you guys keep making them.

Posted by AndyD74

I've really enjoyed these videos, so I hope you keep making them. As a side note, a phantom CAN heal himself three different ways. 1. Divine Blessing 2. Heal Miracle 3. Humanity

Posted by JackSukeru

@drevilbones: Glad to help! I forgot to mention this before but you can't reach the area where you can avenge the Fire Keeper until you've rung both bells, I didn't make that clear so I apologise. It's on the path you have to take to finish the game though so there's no missing it, just keep going and you'll find it sooner or later, there's no rush.

Watching you guys play made me go back to one of my own characters I wanted to play more of, a pure magic user. Or not entirely pure as it turns out, I just can't keep away from the heavier armor stuffs and lightning weapons it seems, so I ended up making more of a magic knight. She wore a robe, but also a cool helmet and heavy shoes, mixing and matching gear to find stuff that looks good is actually pretty fun. I used part of that red wizard set you found a while back and I have to say that it's a lot easier to use stuff that required Twinkling Titanite now that one of the NPC's sell it.

Basically you don't have to worry about having to farm hard-to-get Twinkling and can just go nuts with whatever you fancy, it's great.