317 Comments
Edited by ervonymous
Edited by VierasTalo

@whatevergirl24: On it, Boss.

I tried burning myself alive but I only got like half my face so they told me I have to go to a special school now. Guess I'll grow some hair to cover this up...

Edited by AlexanderSheen
Posted by Bluelou

I wholeheartedly loved this game and its characters and the fact it exits. As mentioned in the review the sex scenes can seem off putting and out of place, but i still found all of the story arcs ive played so far to be very endearing and engaging. If your on the fence about this and are debating whether or not you should play this; under the common mindset of "should i be playing this" rest assured this is an experince that you wouldn't want to miss. I mean seriously snakes Microwave scene ain't got shit on this j/k :3 I've never seen my goose bumbs raise and fall in time with plot points and soundtrack. I'd would even go as far as to say this has changed my perception on how i see things and would say that it could in-turn make you a better person. Rambling aside, just play it please

Edited by AndrewB

@DystopiaX said:

First time playing through the game getting Misha was totally my goal; totally disappointed later when I couldn't. Played the Emi and Lilly stories so far and hit act 3 for Shizune but haven't started it yet. Liked both of the ones I finished (Lilly one's ending made me panicked and sad for a moment there, which is more than I can say for any other game ever). Emi's was better IMO; maybe cause it was my first but I also liked the way her character developed and thought it was natural if a little rushed (to be expected for a text game). Don't mind the lack of gameplay that much but did wish there were more choices, especially when (from what I can tell) only a handful of the first act ones and the last act ones actually matter.

First act is mostly setting up which path you're going to go down. Last act ones can make a huge difference in most of the paths, though.

Aaand~! Yes, Misha is great~!

@Skald said:

How... strange.

... go on...

Posted by Skald

How... strange.

Posted by DystopiaX

@BulletproofMonk said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Animasta:

You can actually get with Misha; it just nets you a bad ending because who wants to get with Misha? Shizune's the more attractive one, and her personality isn't as annoying. (I'd put that all in spoilers, but that button doesn't seem to be working right now.)

Misha's great. Shut your face.

First time playing through the game getting Misha was totally my goal; totally disappointed later when I couldn't. Played the Emi and Lilly stories so far and hit act 3 for Shizune but haven't started it yet. Liked both of the ones I finished (Lilly one's ending made me panicked and sad for a moment there, which is more than I can say for any other game ever). Emi's was better IMO; maybe cause it was my first but I also liked the way her character developed and thought it was natural if a little rushed (to be expected for a text game). Don't mind the lack of gameplay that much but did wish there were more choices, especially when (from what I can tell) only a handful of the first act ones and the last act ones actually matter.

Posted by Black_Rose

@FluxWaveZ: Then let me be a bit more specific:

That sounds like every other harem/romance visual novel ever.

Posted by FluxWaveZ
@Black_Rose said:

Yeah...that sounds like every visual novel ever. Fell for that once, never again.

Not all visual novels deal with relationships.
Posted by Video_Game_King

@Black_Rose:

Seriously? But Katawa Shoujo is awesome! What other game has moments like this:

It's not a spoiler if it's in the first act.
Posted by Black_Rose

Yeah...that sounds like every visual novel ever. Fell for that once, never again.

Posted by Scribbly

You've convinced me. I'll give it a try.

Posted by TobbRobb
@Jeffsekai: The team wasn't really that 4channy, it was mostly the idea that came from a few sketches found on 4chan, chunks of the team didn't have a interest in the site. The Four Leaf name and calling the game Katawa Shoujo was just honoring the original inspiration.
Posted by Jeffsekai

4chan made the best story driven game in a long time. Go figure.

Posted by Qodot

It's pretty funny reading people saying "Ehhhh, I don't know..." a few days back, and then seeing that their avatars have now been changed to Katawa Shoujo pics.

Posted by Whitelock

@Video_Game_King: Lilly, I found out I was more emotionally attached than I thought I was. was definitely not expecting that ending.

@Whitelock:

Which girl are we talking about?

Posted by Whitelock

Damn, this game has completely won me over.

I started this game really cautiously, having never tried anything like this before I didn't really know what to expect, but today I have found myself playing it for about 4 hours non stop. I literally couldn't stop playing until I knew the outcome of the story.

however the ending I got has left me fighting back the Man tears...

why? why didn't you go after her you stupid bastard?

Posted by AndrewB
Posted by TobbRobb

@predator: There is one manly path with a manly man where you have a manly picnic.

It's all very manly.

Posted by predator

I'll consider it when there's a gay romance option. Katawa Shonen?

Posted by matti00

Played this game on your recommendation, and I'm extremely glad I did. Thank you, sir.

I do disagree with you on the middle sex scene in Emi's story, I felt everything about that from what they did, why they did it, and their reactions to it afterwards made perfect sense in context of their personalities. However, sex scenes in "games" (term used loosely) are always going to be walking a fine line, so I can understand perfectly why you felt it was misplaced. I did appreciate, however, how non-explicit visually the sex scenes were. I've only done Emi's so far, so it could be different on the others, but the restraint they've shown in both the writing and the visuals is greatly appreciated.

Posted by Swoxx

I'd say this thread is pretty appropriate for spoiler talk

@MattyFTM said:

If you want to talk about story specifics, create another thread dedicated to spoiler talk.

Are you saying that we can bump one of the other Katawa Shoujo threads? Or do you want me to create a thread specifically for spoilerific talk?

Edited by MattyFTM

Guys, stop posting huge ass spoilers in this thread. Some of us are still playing through some of the routes and would rather not have parts of the game fucking ruined. If you want to talk about story specifics, create another thread dedicated to spoiler talk.

@BulletproofMonk:

Posted by BulletproofMonk

@BulletproofMonk:

Best moment of the game.

@Cloudenvy: @Video_Game_King:

Man, fuck you guys.

Posted by Cloudenvy

@Video_Game_King said:

@BulletproofMonk:

Misha sucks. Shut your face. Mwahaha~!

We agree for once!

Posted by Animasta

@Video_Game_King said:

@Animasta:

Isn't that what the bad ending is for, though? If I remember correctly, it's just Hisao calling Shizune out for being an asshole.

I should have gone for the bad ending then!

oh well, done with KS for now, I've got ANALOGUE

*hyun-ae is so kawaii~

@BulletproofMonk:

Misha sucks. Shut your face. Mwahaha~!

@Animasta:

Isn't that what the bad ending is for, though? If I remember correctly, it's just Hisao calling Shizune out for being an asshole.

@Video_Game_King said:

@Animasta:

You can actually get with Misha; it just nets you a bad ending because who wants to get with Misha? Shizune's the more attractive one, and her personality isn't as annoying. (I'd put that all in spoilers, but that button doesn't seem to be working right now.)

Misha's great. Shut your face.

Posted by Animasta

@Video_Game_King said:

@Animasta:

But how would you see Shizune naked that way? It'd have to be a neutral ending (the pattern for those seems to be "things kinda worked out, but I didn't get to see schoolgirl titty.")

I had turned off the sex scenes, actually! and I'm just saying that the good ending seems like it's just sweeping Misha's feelings under the rug and it feels unearned. You never actually discuss the issue with Shizune either, so you didn't even get closure that way.

@TobbRobb:

I tried using the spoiler button, but it refused to cooperate. I'm guessing it's not a huge Misha fan.

Posted by TobbRobb

@Video_Game_King: @Animasta:

YOOOOOOO, what is up with the spoiler train, I've already played it but DAMN.

This blog is partly trying to get new players in here, they don't need to see this.

@Animasta:

But how would you see Shizune naked that way? It'd have to be a neutral ending (the pattern for those seems to be "things kinda worked out, but I didn't get to see schoolgirl titty.")

Posted by Animasta

@Video_Game_King: that's what I was saying, I would have rather figure out why and see if I could change than just say HEY MISHA THAT GIRL WHO GOT REJECTED FROM THE GIRL I'M DATING CHEER UP

Posted by Animasta

@Video_Game_King said:

@Animasta:

Did you read Misha's backstory in Act 4? There's no way that shit's gonna happen.

why wouldn't it? I completed it and I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to...

@Animasta:

Did you read Misha's backstory in Act 4? There's no way that shit's gonna happen.

Edited by Sooty

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Sooty said:

That's like saying The Wire is terrible just because the first few episodes are boring as sin.

Out of the limited exposure I have with anime (a lot of it is boring and extremely drawn out) Angel Beats is easily the best.

Does the moe stuff continue throughout the series? The comparison with The Wire isn't quite the best because, for example, I could see the first episode of K-On and immediately come to the conclusion that the series isn't for me.

It's definitely worth sticking with, I think the director of P4A worked on it and it definitely has quite a lot of good humour. It's surprisingly grim in a few episodes when going into details about the characters backgrounds as well, doesn't really pull any punches.

Posted by Animasta

@Video_Game_King said:

@Animasta:

not getting with Misha, thats not what I meant (I did not, that seemed like a bad thing to do), I meant Misha getting with Shizune!

Posted by FluxWaveZ

@Sooty said:

That's like saying The Wire is terrible just because the first few episodes are boring as sin.

Out of the limited exposure I have with anime (a lot of it is boring and extremely drawn out) Angel Beats is easily the best.

Does the moe stuff continue throughout the series? The comparison with The Wire isn't quite the best because, for example, I could see the first episode of K-On and immediately come to the conclusion that the series isn't for me.

@Animasta:

Edited by Sooty

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Hailinel said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@kashif1: That horrid anime Angel Beats, apparently.

I haven't seen it, but you're the first person I've come across to consider the show horrid.

I admit I've only seen the first episode, and I can understand how it appeals to some, but I don't need to see more of it to know that "horrid" would be an apt description of it for me.

Posted by Cloudenvy

@Dunchad said:

@Animasta: Yeah, she was my least favourite. I just didn't like her personality, her little brother dressed like a girl for no reason and I wanted to cut her dad with that damn katana. Even the good ending was lackluster. Neutral ending with the results you suggested, would've been great.

I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks that the sex scene with Shizune is totally insane and or nuts. I honestly couldn't stop laughing when it happened.

Posted by Dunchad

@Animasta: Yeah, she was my least favourite. I just didn't like her personality, her little brother dressed like a girl for no reason and I wanted to cut her dad with that damn katana. Even the good ending was lackluster. Neutral ending with the results you suggested, would've been great.

Posted by Animasta