Log in or sign up to comment
244 Comments
Posted by Tim_the_Corsair

@Asinies: If his name was actually Beefy McDickpunch, I'm pretty sure I'd have him along on every mission.

Posted by Nentisys

Jennifer Hale has been consistently superb doing the femshep voice.

Why do they always make these "celebrities" extol the virtues of the game they are working on? Always makes me feel really weird.

Posted by AiurFlux

@DeanoXD said:

Because for a while now between the GB crew and the comunity it is cool to hate EA, Bioware and anything linked to either of them and i don't expect it to stop anytime soon, its one of the reason i consume less GB every day because its just becoming a very negative place for certian things and if things still feel the same to me come membership renewal time i most likely won't pony up again. My persoanl opinion is that it all started with Jeff being butt hurt over BF3 and stuff that took place during review time frame. And if Jeff pull's rank and reviews ME3 it will be a 2 or 3 no matter how good the game is, but i am not expecting a lot of positive coverage of the game either way here at GB.

Yeah. How fucking dare he critique servers not work properly for a game when you're trying to review it. Especially when the single player was touted as being this 12 hour experience but ended up being a 4 hour snooze fest, and the game is mostly multiplayer anyway. How fucking dare he! Also how dare people express dissatisfaction with one of the most boring games of 2011, being Dragon Age II. You're right. We should place a developer that hasn't had a wrinkle in their resume on a pedestal and revere them like a diety, and when they clearly fuck up we should say, "Awww shucks. Well that's okay! I didn't need that 60 dollars anyway! It's not like I have bills to pay."

See how ignorant you're being? Because I sure as shit do. Continue to sit atop your Ivory Tower while we continue to work in the real world.

PS: I'd like to know the lottery numbers for next week, since you so obviously have an intimate working knowledge of the future. Thanks Marty McFly.

PPS: That was sarcasm. If you couldn't tell. Wouldn't want you to blow your flux capacitor.

Edited by zaglis

Can't wait for Olivia Munn and other useless video game people DLC

Posted by pornstorestiffi

I didn't care much for this video.

Posted by Scotto

@TheHT said:

@Erunamo said:

Some of these people seem to have no idea wtf they're talking about. Looking at you, Prinze and Chobot.

Character-driven action game, it's just never been done before!

This made me laugh out loud. Really Frediie, really? I mean, I appreciate his enthusiasm, but fuck me.

And I can't believe Chobot voices a character. She's "famous" for being a good looking girl who likes video games, and pretty much nothing else. Keep her out of my video games.

God I hope they don't fuck this game up. ME3 would have been a presumed slam dunk for me, prior to Dragon Age 2. Now their cloak of infallibility has fallen, and fallen hard. I don't unquestioningly trust them to put out a) the best game possible, and b) a great game for actual gamers any more. ME2 was great, but a lot of questions around Bioware have arisen since then.

Please be good. Please zombie jesus be good.

Posted by Scotto

@Capstan said:

@all the Jessicontrarians:

This fat, bald geek can only dream of a date with the witty, articulate, and beautiful Ms. Chobot.

Sour grapes, guys, sour grapes.

She's a good looking girl, but not extraordinarily so.

Anyway, the reason most people have an issue with her is because she didn't earn her way into the industry. She took pictures of herself licking stuff, and got hired into the industry because she's a good looking girl who actually likes video games.

She didn't toil on reviews or covering trade shows for years. She skated to internet celebrity because she's hot. That rubs people the wrong way.

Posted by MysteriousFawx

@AiurFlux said:

@DeanoXD said:

Because for a while now between the GB crew and the comunity it is cool to hate EA, Bioware and anything linked to either of them and i don't expect it to stop anytime soon, its one of the reason i consume less GB every day because its just becoming a very negative place for certian things and if things still feel the same to me come membership renewal time i most likely won't pony up again. My persoanl opinion is that it all started with Jeff being butt hurt over BF3 and stuff that took place during review time frame. And if Jeff pull's rank and reviews ME3 it will be a 2 or 3 no matter how good the game is, but i am not expecting a lot of positive coverage of the game either way here at GB.

Yeah. How fucking dare he critique servers not work properly for a game when you're trying to review it. Especially when the single player was touted as being this 12 hour experience but ended up being a 4 hour snooze fest, and the game is mostly multiplayer anyway. How fucking dare he! Also how dare people express dissatisfaction with one of the most boring games of 2011, being Dragon Age II. You're right. We should place a developer that hasn't had a wrinkle in their resume on a pedestal and revere them like a diety, and when they clearly fuck up we should say, "Awww shucks. Well that's okay! I didn't need that 60 dollars anyway! It's not like I have bills to pay."

See how ignorant you're being? Because I sure as shit do. Continue to sit atop your Ivory Tower while we continue to work in the real world.

PS: I'd like to know the lottery numbers for next week, since you so obviously have an intimate working knowledge of the future. Thanks Marty McFly.

PPS: That was sarcasm. If you couldn't tell. Wouldn't want you to blow your flux capacitor.

Marry me

Posted by aaelon

Freddie prick Jr? really? Well at least I know which character will be my sacrificial lamb.

Posted by lord_canti

the new guy james vega looks like a thin brodus clay

Posted by DeanoXD

Sorry but its just how i things feel to me, and all i did was stated a opinion on how i felt. yes i made a perdiction for the review of ME3 but i don't know it for a fact. I don't have any vendetta against Jeff or anyone i am not on the forums eveyday rattling my swords calling for heads to roll, but my obsevations of Jeff's attitude towards EA after BF3 launch took a huge nose dive. But i think some of you proved my point, i made no qualtative statement towards any bioware or EA game yet i am utterly ripped for my opinion. And time will either prove me wrong or right, either way in the grand scheme of things what doesn't matter.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me.

Posted by jmood88
@Icebuncle They showed Jennifer Hale but not Mark Meer. Sexism!
Posted by jmood88
@Icebuncle

@Peewi:

I noticed the lack of male Shepard too. It feels like they just added Hale and Ali Hillis in there to look good.

It's to stop the whining from the people who complain that those two are never talked about.
Posted by Icebuncle

@slowbird said:

It's not even so much that they showed famous people, but that they really only showed the characters that are guaranteed to survive the endgame of Mass Effect 2. Note that they didn't show Garrus, Miranda, Jack, etc. I bet that's because those people could all die in the previous game, so they will only make cameo appearances in this one. So, the only people they showed in this trailer are Shepard (who could die in 2, but that obviously won't be canon), Liara, The Illusive Man, and a bunch of new characters.

Regardless, Liara is the only one I need. <3

You have a point, but I really hope you are wrong. If Garrus breaks off our romance and leaves I will be a saaaaaad FemShep.

Posted by Fuga

oh my god.. snookie in me3

Posted by MideonNViscera

@rimmonhouse said:

These testimonials all feel coerced or scripted (or both I guess ).

Coerced in the sense that nobody's gonna badmouth a game they worked on, and/or like a lot in an advertisement for said game? haha

Posted by garyd

gah. EA, is it too late to replace chobot with morgan webb?

Posted by SpaceButler

I would play any game with Jennifer Hale and Keith David in it.

Posted by snaptroll

Anyone else think Jessica Chobot makes for a hideous video game character? Something tells me her acting skills wont be much better. Why muddle a serious game like Mass Effect with this kind of fanfare, if you can call it that. Who actually wanted her or any other video game journalist to star in the game?

Posted by Superfriend

@Marz said:

chobot's character looks weird, they should have just used her voice and not try to recreate her within the game... doesn't look quite right.

Yep. That girl has some strange proportions going on. Mostly the face.. I don´t know how to describe it, but she somehow looks.. like somebody squished her face and made it fit in a ball or something. Also, she looks like she hasn´t eaten in DAYS in some of these IGN videos.

Posted by DjCmeP

WHY THE FUCK IS CHOBOT IN THIS GAME???

Posted by Oginam

Jennifer Hale ftw!

Posted by QKT

@Mumrik said:

@Mystyr_E said:

Jessica Chobot? sigh. who next, iJustine?

Gerstmann. I'd love to see a virtual Jeff in some random small part somewhere... or as a fucking Krogan.

The slickest Krogan in the galaxy.

Posted by Mikey2D

I made it about 40 seconds before deciding it was a bad idea to watch this as i want to avoid spoilers at all cost.

Posted by buckybit

Does anyone here remember the name of the Bioware employee/intern who died during the development of Baldur's Gate (mentioned in the orig. game manual), who was the inspiration behind the "Joker" character in Mass Effect.**

I find it fascinating, how his memory still lives on through that game (although - again - I can't remember his name, nor find anything online right now).

** might be good wiki-entry/trivia addition to Baldur's Gate, if you find it out & submit?

Posted by Alwaysrun

Bioware is starting to seem like a one trick pony with all the emphasis on voice acting with every game they produce. Just shut up already and give me a game I can enjoy.

Posted by Fattony12000

@buckybit: Get the fuck outta here with that intern shit, he was the second ever employee of BioWare.

Posted by darkjester74

Seeing Chobot in there is super awkward. Whos brain fart was that?

Posted by koolaid39

Yuck, they got Jessica Chobot in my Mass Effect.

Posted by Sparklykiss
@Mystyr_E

Jessica Chobot? sigh. who next, iJustine?

I honestly would love to see iJustine sneak into a game as a background character.
Moderator
Edited by MikeFightNight

@Mikey2D said:

I made it about 40 seconds before deciding it was a bad idea to watch this as i want to avoid spoilers at all cost.

I got zero seconds in and just decided to check out the comments, but was seriously considering it. I don't know how long I can keep up my total blackout of ME 3 coverage. I just saw that Joker is in it by the video image, fucking spoilers GB, damn.

Posted by bcjohnnie

@zaglis said:

Can't wait for Olivia Munn and other useless video game people DLC

If they actually called it that I would buy the DLC on day one.... just think of all the useless people we could have!

Posted by LiquidPrince

Still haven't heard of Yvonne, so she better be in there. I'd be absolutely pissed if my Miranda was missing.

Edited by PandaBear

The compelling intensity of the amazing writing that drives the incredibly deep narrative and gives the player absolute freedom of choice and total control is what makes me want to play this engaging piece of modern enertainement,

Sigh ... Glad they don't get to write their own stuff.

Except Keith David. He's cool.

Posted by samcotts

Urgh, Mass Effect 3 is depressing.

I'm hoping BioWare prove me wrong, but I don't have high hopes for this.

Posted by Mikey2D

@MikeFightNight said:

@Mikey2D said:

I made it about 40 seconds before deciding it was a bad idea to watch this as i want to avoid spoilers at all cost.

I got zero seconds in and just decided to check out the comments, but was seriously considering it. I don't know how long I can keep up my total blackout of ME 3 coverage. I just saw that Joker is in it by the video image, fucking spoilers GB, damn.

I hear ya bud - but in the end it'll be worth it. ME2 was totally ruined for me before I even played it by all the video's I watched. It won't be happening again. Stay strong :P

Posted by RNiemeijer

Penis Penis Penis

Posted by Ronald

3:17 before they show the real Shepard.

Posted by overburning

MOAR!!

Posted by SejsCube

Holy crap, Keith David is one smooth motherfucker. Just look at that man.

Posted by UnsolvedParadox

Wow, I had never seen the actress who portrayed Liara before.

@LiquidPrince said:

Still haven't heard of Yvonne, so she better be in there. I'd be absolutely pissed if my Miranda was missing.

Same, come on Strahotzki!

Posted by Tricky69

Ok I gotta stop watching these trailers as they seem to be giving away too many little spoilers. I knew nothing of the new female character and would rather have met her for the first time whilst playing the game. But it was nice to see Liara again.

Collector's Edition is already pre-ordered and then I gotta book some time off work to play the hell out of this game. Having only finished Mass Effect 2 a few weeks ago, it's gonna be great jumping back in. Mass Effect 2 is definitely in my top 5 favourite games of all time. Fucking incredible experience.

Posted by PhanThomas

Sweet, I líke Freddy Prince jr. Also, Martin Sheen gave me chills with his last words in this trailer. ^^ Can't wait.

Posted by Tesla

Keith David and Jennifer Hale were the highlights for me. Femshep all day baby!